Download: PlayThru

Are You A Human

File Name: PlayThru
File Submitter: Are You A Human
File Submitted: 28 Jun 2012
File Category: Hooks and Plugins

Description

Are You A Human is a free CAPTCHA alternative that uses simple games to replace annoying CAPTCHAs. Our tool, called PlayThru, stops bots with fun by focusing on being simple and intuitive. We then use a proprietary algorithm to determine if the interaction with our game is from a human. Play samples of our games here.

PlayThru has been featured by MSNBC, Engadget, MakeUseOf, ReadWriteWeb, and others.

Technology

PlayThru supports both html5 and flash, and also works on mobile devices. Visit our forum for more technical details.

PlayThru also supports two different methods of display. Embedded mode displays the PlayThru in-line in the form. Lightbox mode only displays the PlayThru after the submit button is clicked. More information on these options can be found in our blog post.

Installation

Installation is simple and takes only a few steps. Please register for a free account and follow our detailed instructions located on our installation page.

We are always available for help and support at our forum.

Click here to download this file

Nice app, but please pay more attention in providing a clean file. The user is not interested in useless __MACOSX and .svn folders. The file name can be better named than "ibp-latest".

Also it would be nice, that there would be language support and a better skin integration. The look is not well integrated.

post-173542-0-02044200-1340987563_thumb.

• 2 weeks later...

Keep getting errors:

Warning: Missing argument 3 for AYAH::doCall(), called in /home/*****/public_html/ips_kernel/classCaptchaPlugin/ayahplaythru.php on line 67 and defined in /home/*****/public_html/ips_kernel/classCaptchaPlugin/ayahplaythru.php on line 105

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sandi_, why is it strange that our product is available as an app? How would you prefer we make it available?

Strange was the wrong word I guess, and I have no problem with it being an app. Plus having it as an app you wisely reach more people.

I certainly don't have a problem with it, and think it is much easier than refreshing human as well as bot unreadable captcha a zillion times. :smile:

I have it on two IP.Board 3.4 sites, and with some editing and tweaking, close to having it work on my old IP.Board 2.3.6 install.
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't understand what is going on. This works perfectly fine on other sites i've installed but one in particular refuses to display it. When i set the option to Playthru, the registration page shows me the useless default GD!

I'm using version 1.0.3 and have redone the steps so many times I am already pretty freaking annoyed that this useless **** is displaying GD. T_T

I am pretty upset with this ****. What is going on, why does it display GD when the configuration is telling it to display PlayThru and the Keys are set.

• 2 weeks later...

OK. My fault for not paying attention. I was uploading .xml as a hook and not a setting :rofl:

Uploaded it to settings like I should have. Uploaded file to file structure and have input both keys.

Now I am getting this error on the registration screen?

Unable to load the Are You a Human PlayThru™. Please contact the site owner to report the problem.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /ips_kernel/classCaptchaPlugin/ayahplaythru.php:196) in /admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /ips_kernel/classCaptchaPlugin/ayahplaythru.php:196) in /admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

how do you uninstall this?

I was testing on 3.4 and it has issues, also stops keycaptcha from working.

edit:

setting board to in_dev deleting the 2 settings in security and privacy for the keys then editing the drop down (choice) and removing play thru as a choice there.

we need easier way to uninstall stuff like this, but thats not really an issue with this app it applies to all apps that import settings.

OK. My fault for not paying attention. I was uploading .xml as a hook and not a setting :rofl:

Uploaded it to settings like I should have. Uploaded file to file structure and have input both keys.

Now I am getting this error on the registration screen?

Unable to load the Are You a Human PlayThru™. Please contact the site owner to report the problem.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /ips_kernel/classCaptchaPlugin/ayahplaythru.php:196) in /admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /ips_kernel/classCaptchaPlugin/ayahplaythru.php:196) in /admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Found the issue. No fault of the product. I had an extra blank space added to the end of both keys during copy/paste. All is working as expected now

• 4 weeks later...

Hey there,

I just tried to install this and I am getting the issue described by another user above.

When I select it as the CAPTCHA option all I get is the default GD. Both keys are set up correctly.

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall with the same results.

Anyone out there help out please? :)

I am using IPB 3.3.4.

Cheers

Hal

Archived