IPC Menu Enhancments

CodingJungle

%7Boption%7D

File Name: IPC Menu Enhancments

File Submitter: CodingJungle

File Submitted: 22 Jun 2012

File Category: Look and Feel

Supported Versions: IP.Board 3.2.x, IP.Board 3.3.x, IP.Board 3.4.x, IP.Content 2.3.x

With this enhancement you gain the ability to parse IPC Blocks directly into the IPC menu system (that comes with IP Content). Giving the Menu a "mega" menu look and feel to it. So you could create custom IPC blocks for your menu system, or if you want to give your members access to specialized content blocks, but just can't find the right real estate to load them up in or if you are like me (I dread altering templates). With this modification, the blocks can now be easily added to your site, take up minimal space, and your members will have quick access to them via the menu.

requirements:
IPB 3.3+
IP Content 2.3.2

here to download this file

Looks good so far. Was a bit surprised it was so simple to install, just a hook. I had something similar a few months back, but had to code it all in to the templates, so this was a definite buy for me.

When I display a block, it puts it in an iframe with white background and about 5 pixel padding. Any idea why it does this?

post-202568-0-06063200-1340873829_thumb.

.iframebody {

background: white;

background-color: white;

}

yeah the iframe was a needed evil, as any js/styles the menu's used, was getting inherited by elements that ipc blocks used as well. You can change the background color of the body for the iframe to match your theme.

In the next version, (as I included a lot of inline styling here for the iframe and the container elements inside the iframe), will have a more extensive style sheet with it, giving the end user more control over it or i will utilize the "attributes" section when you setup the menu for this use, as it will probably be better suited for this.

the first version i submitted, required template edits and what not, and it wasn't a favorite of the moderators, so I was asked to change things before it was approved.

Thanks for the feed back, hope to get the next version out over the next few days.

Cheers.

It's a great mod, but still needs a bit of tweaking.

It seems to apply the following style direct to the iframe

<div id="container" style="padding:10px 5px 0 5px;"><style>

I was able to find and edit the enhancement_ipb_menu.css to change background colours, but don't know how to change the above padding.

Also, when it injects the iframe into the page (on demand) it puts in HTML, HEAD and BODY tags as well. Is that normal?

Archived