Database Forms

File name: Database Forms
Submitter: Marcher Technologies
Submitted: 06/16/2012
Category: Other style options
Discussion URL :
Support Info: topic
Supported Versions: IP.Blog 2.4.x

This Hook Will allow you to create and use custom Content Articles/Database submission forms per Database/Category.
Tired of ripping up your skin to Customize a single database, or category submission form?
Enjoy Ultimate control of your IP.Content Database, Articles, And Category Submission Forms.
Features Include:

• Native Template Help Relevant to the Form Templates.
  • A Stock Form Template upon adding a Form Template for both Databases and Articles, to give a quick jump-start into template modifications.
  • Lightweight: Uses native skin Template data and IP.Content Template Compilation.
  • Control: Choose whether to use the stock recordForm skin template, or a custom form template for any Database, Articles, or any Category individually without needing to dive into the skin to make heavy modifications with checks and additional skin templates.
  • Full control of the end user experience to both provide them with the best possible interface, and to help guide them through the creation of higher quality content via a purpose built submission form instead of a generic, user unfriendly stack of boxes they have to fill out.
  • Upgrade Content a Minor Point Version? No Problem! The default template on add, and used for comparing differences and revisions will always properly reflect the current version's stock.

View File

• 4 weeks later...

I think this is something I would need, but first I was wondering if it is possible to use this to add multiple entries at once to a database. I have users that are constantly adding to the database but it is more time consuming to have to open the entry box one by one.

I think this is something I would need, but first I was wondering if it is possible to use this to add multiple entries at once to a database. I have users that are constantly adding to the database but it is more time consuming to have to open the entry box one by one.

how to say this in the nicest possible way... becca, i dug right at that, if you use no advanced fields it is possible to ajax the form(not included, possible).... however, that breaks all cke and date fields... no matter of the option to evalJs used.... i have a prototype of that locally i cannot release because of that fact, is non-functional on any fields loading a js file... and any field depending on a unique id for js(like my media system field) would also break... the problem is that these fields were never meant or designed to be used multi-record like that.... they depend on the field id for unique js handlers by id, that goes quite left when you have multiple records being added, that, and they all wait for the dom to load to fire(as they should mind you), and most have in-line inits, so even a form that ajax submits and loads a new form would do the same.

• 1 month later...

Hello Marcher,

I bought the MOD and I wondered how to build a form without using a loop "foreach"? Is it possible to recover each field and the field name so individual? If yes then how?

thanks in advance,

Stef

By using the field id.... not as dynamic.

<li class='ipsField'>

<label class='ipsField_title'>{$data['fields'][10]['field_name']}<if test="fieldRequired:|:$data['fields'][10]['field_required']"> <span class='ipsForm_required'>*</span></if></label>

<div class='ipsField_content'>

{$data['fieldsClass']->getPublicField( $data['fields'][10], $data['record']['field_10'] )}

<if test="fieldDescription:|:$data['fields'][10]['field_description']"><br /><span class='desc'>{$data['fields'][10]['field_description']}</span></if>

</div>

</li>

this would be a field with the field_id of 10's code.

I have an another question... :rofl:

Is it possible to change a dimension of an input field (differents dimensions for each input) when i use the code: {$data['fieldsClass']->getPublicField( $data['fields'][10], $data['record']['field_10'] )}

AND

I have a problem, when i use your template (with no modification). No problem for create a record, but i have a problem when i edit the record. Each edit create an another record :sad: .

Also, the template does not increment despite the association with the database.

post-143124-0-99026900-1345037512_thumb.

post-143124-0-74860600-1345037513_thumb.

thanks again...

Stephane

I have a problem, when i use your template (with no modification). No problem for create a record, but i have a problem when i edit the record. Each edit create an another record :sad: .

thanks again...

Stephane

That required immediate fixing and upload upon looking, before and above the rest, code in the template accounts for it, but was not being sent the data it needed to account for it, re-import the hook, will look at the latter, for the first, i can only recommend using css as that is the field type itself doing that.

Yes, Stephane made that form, using this mod, for that specific content database(or articles, tbh, I could not really tell at the point it is customized to :smile: )

I hope I understand the question correctly.

Yes Stephane has produced this form with your hook?

It is to be sure I're not $ 30 for nothing

What I'm wondering if I buy I get the hook to produce the same form as Stephane, sen add php code and html?

sen meaning without coding anything?
Are you asking for a drag and drop form or more provided pre-made templates *not* the stock inserted on template creation/used for compare? I will happily add some premades, but this is more function at this time, control over your forms rather than the one-size fits-all that the skin forces.

For those interested, here's part of the code I use to this form...

<style>

.form_signature_input_250 input {

color:#666;

font-size:14px;

-moz-border-radius: 8px; -webkit-border-radius: 8px;

margin:5px 0px 10px 0px;

padding:5px;

border:#999 1px solid;

transition: all 0.25s ease-in-out;

-webkit-transition: all 0.25s ease-in-out;

-moz-transition: all 0.25s ease-in-out;

box-shadow: 0 0 5px rgba(81, 203, 238, 0);

-webkit-box-shadow: 0 0 5px rgba(81, 203, 238, 0);

-moz-box-shadow: 0 0 5px rgba(81, 203, 238, 0);

width: 250px;

}

</style>

<div class="form_signature_input_250" style="text-align:center"><!---Nom de la signature--->

<div style="width:255px; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto;">

<div style="color:#666; font-size:14px"><b>{$data['fields'][45]['field_name']}</b>

<if test="fieldRequired:|:$data['fields'][45]['field_required']"> <span class='ipsForm_required'>*</span></if>

<if test="fieldDescription:|:$data['fields'][45]['field_description']"><br /><span class='desc'>{$data['fields'][45]['field_description']}</span></if>

</div>

{$data['fieldsClass']->getPublicField( $data['fields'][45], $data['record']['field_45'] )}

</div>

</div>

• 2 weeks later...

What about photos? Can we have photo submissions via form? And have them display on another page? Along with the form data being submitted but not displayed? Say for a photo contest. You know if you touted this as a possible sweestakest entry form, more folks would bite.... Especially if you had a premade form for both regular submissions and photo submissions. I have noticed a lot of folks looking for a sweeps mod.

Ckeditor can do this but required going out of the IPB box on my own by adding functions. Thus adding security concerns. Then again would this have even worked with IPB?

What about photos? Can we have photo submissions via form? And have them display on another page? Along with the form data being submitted but not displayed? Say for a photo contest. You know if you touted this as a possible sweestakest entry form, more folks would bite.... Especially if you had a premade form for both regular submissions and photo submissions. I have noticed a lot of folks looking for a sweeps mod.

Ckeditor can do this but required going out of the IPB box on my own by adding functions. Thus adding security concerns. Then again would this have even worked with IPB?

Hrmm. Additional Stock forms is a solid request.... in terms of the form on a different page, I'm going to likely need to dig out an old block template and tweak it heavily, probably make it a plugin block for some extra flexibility and to enforce no caching and data without a results array.
Working on it :)

Hrmm. Additional Stock forms is a solid request.... in terms of the form on a different page, I'm going to likely need to dig out an old block template and tweak it heavily, probably make it a plugin block for some extra flexibility and to enforce no caching and data without a results array.

Working on it :smile:

Sounds promising. :) Lots of potential here... :)

• 3 months later...

Really interested in this mod but I have some questions before I purchase it

As I am not a very experienced coder I wonder if this would be suitable to me? So does it allow you to more or less just build a form like I might format a forum post or is an amount of coding required?

I'm not adversed to doing the coding, in fact I am very keen to learn, so a follow up question would be that if coding is required is there much support / patience available until I get my head around it

TBH, I prefer to learn how to do things rather than ask constant questions as then I try things out and learn some more :)

Really interested in this mod but I have some questions before I purchase it

As I am not a very experienced coder I wonder if this would be suitable to me? So does it allow you to more or less just build a form like I might format a forum post or is an amount of coding required?

I'm not adversed to doing the coding, in fact I am very keen to learn, so a follow up question would be that if coding is required is there much support / patience available until I get my head around it

TBH, I prefer to learn how to do things rather than ask constant questions as then I try things out and learn some more :smile:

A: I need to update this mod to the new recordForm stock.

B: I'm going to add a couple templates, and some stock function additions(customizable forms, + data hooks, means follow upon item creation feasible).

C: I need time >.<

D: If using <=2.3.2, the above re recordForm Stock does not apply, basic knowledge of template logic is quite helpful.

Archived