Category Trees

Marcher Technologies

%7Boption%7D

File Name: Category Trees

File Submitter: Marcher Technologies

File Submitted: 11 Jun 2012

File Category: Other style options

This Set of Feed Block Templates will give you the ability to show jQuery-powered "trees" of Article, Database, and Downloads Categories, as well as Forums.
Many sub-categories and sub-sub categories got you down? Provide a clean, usable categories and forums block that remembers your selections!
Full Disclosure:

here to download this file

Version Check? q.q The File is listed as IP.Content 2.3.x Compatible... I can make that more clear... but 33 Kind of denotes that too as 2.3.x wont run on 3.2.x... otherwise, you just import the feed templates and apply to any applicable feed block(forums, downloads categories, database/articles categories) at the template step.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey! I've just purchased this, and I love the menu style. :D

One question -- is it possible to have actual articles listed within the menu as well? For a structure similar to:

CATEGORY TITLE

Category
-- Sub-category
-- Sub-category
-- Article Name
-- Article Name
Category
-- Article Name
-- Article Name

And so on?

• 1 month later...

if you truly need to(it is skinned to match stock IPB styles :smile: )

I can not find the file. ccsCategoryTree he is, or exactly.

You can target all of them using the css selector .ccsCategoryTree and over-ride any bit of it with !important tags.

Or the solution might be to create a new file with IP.Content, or look in the skin of the IP.Board What is the best solution?

Thank you in advance soon

I can not find the file. ccsCategoryTree he is, or exactly.

Or the solution might be to create a new file with IP.Content, or look in the skin of the IP.Board What is the best solution?

Thank you in advance soon

I used extremely minimal styling, but you won't find that selector in any css in the skins, it is added merely for your convenience in targeting. you need to add said css if you want it to look different in styles from ipsSideBlock.
There are minimal padding styles in the block template assets, as stated, it is better to add the css to over-ride by skin.

Hello;

Or is this example is the code?

.ccsCategoryTree .jstree .jstree-closed > ins.jstree-icon {

background: url("http://www.domaine.info/alphas/public/ipc_blocks/downloads_cats_1339406514/folder_closed.png") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;

cursor: pointer;

}

.ccsCategoryTree .jstree .jstree-open > ins.jstree-icon {

background: url("http://www.domaine.info/alphas/public/ipc_blocks/downloads_cats_1339406514/folder_open.png") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;

}

.ccsCategoryTree .jstree .jstree-leaf > ins.jstree-icon {

cursor: default;

}

.ccsCategoryTree .jstree li {

margin-left: 8px !important;

}

.ccsCategoryTree .jstree li a {

padding: 10px 0;

}

Or can we find or edit. ?

soon.

Hello;

Or is this example is the code?

.ccsCategoryTree .jstree .jstree-closed > ins.jstree-icon {

background: url("http://www.domaine.info/alphas/public/ipc_blocks/downloads_cats_1339406514/folder_closed.png") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;

}

.ccsCategoryTree .jstree .jstree-open > ins.jstree-icon {

background: url("http://www.domaine.info/alphas/public/ipc_blocks/downloads_cats_1339406514/folder_open.png") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;

}

.ccsCategoryTree .jstree .jstree-leaf > ins.jstree-icon {

cursor: default;

}

.ccsCategoryTree .jstree li {

margin-left: 8px !important;

}

.ccsCategoryTree .jstree li a {

padding: 10px 0;

}

Or can we find or edit. ?

soon.

Sir, if you wish to customize it by skin, you should *not* be editing that, you should be overriding it.
Read what I said, I used minimal appropriate styling for the stock skin, you need it customized by skin, you *need* to overwrite it in the skin.
Editing the block asset css will apply globally rather than by skin.

Sir, if you wish to customize it by skin, you should *not* be editing that, you should be overriding it.

Read what I said, I used minimal appropriate styling for the stock skin, you need it customized by skin, you *need* to overwrite it in the skin.

Editing the block asset css will apply globally rather than by skin.

So if I understand well, I must apply the new rule css style of your changes?

I do not understand what you said?, Styles are placed in the skin of origin?

http://community.inv...-resources-r751
Read this(Applying per-skin styles header). thrice if you must, when blocks are used externally, that skin css is not defined, that is in the block assets directory stock for these block templates for a reason.

• 8 months later...

Marcher,

1. How can I add the counter to the right like the Downloads menu?

2. Also, there's huge gap between dropdown arrow and category, as if there's suppose to be an icon there. How can I remove it and from what css file? For my sake I can't find it to edit it.

.jstree a > .jstree-icon {
margin-right: 3px;
}
.jstree a > ins {
height: 16px;
width: 16px;
}

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Marcher,

1. How can I add the counter to the right like the Downloads menu?

2. Also, there's huge gap between dropdown arrow and category, as if there's suppose to be an icon there. How can I remove it and from what css file? For my sake I can't find it to edit it.

.jstree a > .jstree-icon {
margin-right: 3px;
}
.jstree a > ins {
height: 16px;
width: 16px;
}

Hello,

1) You can edit any of the provided templates to add data. However, i will look into adding counts for all the templates in the next update.

2) You can't remove it, you can only override it with css, and that is actually a bug you should report to the developers of jstree, that css is hardcoded into their source js.

• 1 year later...

Considering it was supposedly updated on January 7 or thereabouts, I assumed it worked with 3.4.7, and I bought this set of hooks.

Unfortunately it breaks my forum.

Any chance of an update for 3.4.7, and if not, could I please get a refund?

TIA, kind regards, Wim

Archived