Enhanced List View

Marcher Technologies

how did you know? yes, I am switching calendars via the drop down. it's the only easy way to navigate among the 13 calendars ... until I can get a sidebar calendar navigation that will show all the stuff I want in my sidebar galore set up:

1. add event single event
22. add ranged event
2. jump to a calendar
a. calendar 1
b. calendar 2
c. calendar 3
3. follow this calendar ...

it's me being super neat freakish ... I want sidebars everywhere and all the button paraphenalia ripped away

• 3 weeks later...

File Updated, 1.0.4 Released, a redesign of the layout to allow more flexibility for those using a global or skinned sidebar, description dropped as it really did nothing to enhance the list.
Enter the Ajax :ph34r: .
Changelog:

• Ajax Enhancements with graceful fallbacks to the normal url's in list view.
  • Ajax Pagination and Filtering in list view.
  • Removal of the event description as the list view really is meant as a quick overview of events.

Everyone should check out the changes. They are so cool and subtle but perfect.

Question for you: I opened the Firebug jar and let loose the monster on the block that surrounds the profile image and the name of the event and has the 'added by' info as well as 'last updated' info

snarling firebug says: ipsLayout_content and then below that

the box around the profile image is left ipsPad and the box to the right is ipsPad_half

where do we find the color style to change the overall box, ipsLayout_content, or will that change massive real estate throughout the IP Board?

Thanks

Brian

I just bought it the other day as it's perfect for our needs. But, awww... the event description was one of the things we really liked about it. Would it be in any possible to please, pretty please, bring it back, even if just as an option to show it or not? I'm reluctant to upgrade to the new version if the description isn't there... :sad:

I just bought it the other day as it's perfect for our needs. But, awww... the event description was one of the things we really liked about it. Would it be in any possible to please, pretty please, bring it back, even if just as an option to show it or not? I'm reluctant to upgrade to the new version if the description isn't there... :sad:

well, it hurts nothing really, and fills out some dead space on the left, therefore have added it back, was always truncated anywhom.

• 3 months later...

I'm afraid I've started getting a PHP error that's showing in the error_log:

PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined method mt_cal_listing_save::calendarRebuildCache() in /home/XXXX/public_html/forum/admin/applications_addon/ips/calendar/tasks/calendarevents.php on line 108

I don't know if it's in any way related to our Upcoming Calendar Events sidebar hook which doesn't always update correctly, so I have to manually recache the calendar.

I'm afraid I've started getting a PHP error that's showing in the error_log:

PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined method mt_cal_listing_save::calendarRebuildCache() in /home/XXXX/public_html/forum/admin/applications_addon/ips/calendar/tasks/calendarevents.php on line 108

I don't know if it's in any way related to our Upcoming Calendar Events sidebar hook which doesn't always update correctly, so I have to manually recache the calendar.

Any suggestions about this please? Might it be a Calendar bug which is affecting the hook, or vice versa?

this is...... wierd...
There is no such method in the whole of the calendar code.
there is a calendarsRebuildCache, there is no calendarRebuildCache.
And I have no reason to call such, in this mod I am not able to even use the cache.
Does disabling the hook resolve the issue(I highly doubt this with the above said, but it would land it at my feet as a bad overload somewhere)?
sounds/looks like another mod doing a bad method call to me honestly.

I have a traffic snarl with Enhanced Calendar List View.

Because we use sidebars, the singular event view gets scrunched and the .calendar_jump drop down block is positioned right over the Calendar event title. Is there a fix in the hook to disable the drop down block when you look at just one event?

I have a traffic snarl with Enhanced Calendar List View.

Because we use sidebars, the singular event view gets scrunched and the .calendar_jump drop down block is positioned right over the Calendar event title. Is there a fix in the hook to disable the drop down block when you look at just one event?

As i stated on skype, this has actually nothing to do with my hook, would occur without it installed on the skin you use with sidebar in play. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

this is...... wierd...
There is no such method in the whole of the calendar code.
there is a calendarsRebuildCache, there is no calendarRebuildCache.
And I have no reason to call such, in this mod I am not able to even use the cache.
Does disabling the hook resolve the issue(I highly doubt this with the above said, but it would land it at my feet as a bad overload somewhere)?
sounds/looks like another mod doing a bad method call to me honestly.

Ack, sorry, the email notification didn't show anything beyond the 3rd line of your reply, so I thought that was it... hence my not replying till now, when I saw the rest of your reply.

If I disable your hook, I then get this as an error:

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method admin_calendar_calendar_calendars::calendarRebuildCache() in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/forum/admin/applications_addon/ips/calendar/tasks/calendarevents.php on line 108

Might it therefore be the Calendars app itself at fault? Also, not sure if it's related but I guess it somehow must be: System Scheduler > Birthday and Events Cache - gets locked from time to time, which I suppose is related to why I have to keep manually recaching it so that the events in the Calendar sidebar get updated properly? Although I think it updated properly when I disabled the hook for a day or two but that might've been co-incidence as the caching problem seems to be intermittent.

• 1 month later...

Okay, I am totally and completely undone. I do not understand how this date and time thing works. It is insane.

I created an event in our Europe calendar. I did not check the event as all day. I selected the day (02 March) and then entered the time: 18:00 and then used the drop down menu to select GMT + 1

Now the date shows as 03 March at 02:00.

Okay, I thought, that must be me and my profile set at Los Angeles time. So I log in as one of our members in Germany. His time on his profile is one hour off but not bad, set at GMT +0. What does his calendar display? Still 03 March at 02:00h!!!!

arrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh This calendar date and time scheduling thing is absolutely insane and idiotic.

• 3 months later...

Just purchased thanks.

I want to have some custom fields on the add event input form.

such as:

- category drop down

- country drop down

- company name

- address

- telephone number

- email address

- logo

- a url

I see this mod: '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

Will this work with your system, what would display in the event listed at the top (just the same?), only see the extra fields on the event detail page??

A best guess will do.

Thank you.

Just purchased thanks.

I want to have some custom fields on the add event input form.

such as:

- category drop down

- country drop down

- company name

- address

- telephone number

- email address

- logo

- a url

I see this mod: '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

Will this work with your system, what would display in the event listed at the top (just the same?), only see the extra fields on the event detail page??

A best guess will do.

Thank you.

All this does is add a list view of events, if you wanted the custom fields to display in the list, you would need to modify my templates to do so. No other areas should be affected generally, and I am unaware of any specific incompatibilities.