Topic Close & Delete Later

z1000-forum.de

%7Boption%7D

File Name: Topic Close & Delete Later

File Submitter: z1000-forum.de

File Submitted: 02 Jun 2012

File Category: Moderation Tools

Supported Versions: IP.Board 3.3.x, IP.Board 3.4.x

You have sometimes topics in your forums that you wish to remove, but not immediately?
So here's one for you.

This hook adds a topic moderation option to close the topic and set a time when the topic will be automatically removed. You are also able to mark already closed topics for deletion and remove the deletion mark.

here to download this file

Although I haven't tested it, this is what I've said before as "Mark for Deletion". It's almost the same. I believe it's VERY handy because a lot of times you need to delete something but not immediately because usually when you delete it people react negatively.

Perhaps you can somehow add a way to list all topics that are marked for deletion but have not yet.

yes, i already have some "indicator" things in my mind, to get a quick overview which topics are in the deletion queue. but no idea about where to put this. i thought about a bagde in topic and forum view only visible for moderators. and i think a new tab in the modcp for the overview would fit.

In an old post somewhere here I had said that you could have the "marked for deletion" topics/posts with a RED background so people/mods/whoever can understand that is going to be deleted.

You can even have an indication of when, for example "Deletion: In 3 days, March 13, 2012".

Also who marked this post for deletion and why.

Also this should be able to be restored in necessary (this is done with hide feature of IPB).

Another idea is to integrate it with Topic multi-moderation feature.

highlighting should be no problem, will integrate this in a future release.

Also who marked this post for deletion and why.

i think it's not a good idea to provide more information with this option than the default close oder delete operations are giving. it is not straightforward if only one operation has this and the others don't.

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Also this should be able to be restored in necessary (this is done with hide feature of IPB).[/font][/color]

can think about that for a future release

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Another idea is to integrate it with Topic multi-moderation feature.[/font][/color]

at the topic multi moderation i had a look when implementing the option in forum view. unfortunately its not as easy as in topic view. each part is implemented in another way, the multi mod is realized in javascript file and therefore not easily reached with a hook, best done with manual edits.

but thats not the thing that i like to offer.

• 1 month later...

My topics keep disappearing. And they're only locked ones. And they're not ones I have even marked for deletion. I've had to disable this hook.

This only started happening after upgrading to 3.3.4, so i'm assuming this needs an update.

As I said in my comment for the hook, this will delete all of your boards pinned topics, not just the ones you tell it to "delete later."

I strongly recommend against using this hook until a response from the author is made.

Except, disabling the hook didn't change anything. I kept having the same problems. I've completely uninstalled it now, though. I don't know if that will make a difference. I did file a support ticket, just in case something else is wrong, though I'd have no idea what it would be.

Except, disabling the hook didn't change anything. I kept having the same problems. I've completely uninstalled it now, though. I don't know if that will make a difference. I did file a support ticket, just in case something else is wrong, though I'd have no idea what it would be.

Please read the response I made in your support request. I explained how to fix your problem.

Sorry for the delayed response, but there were some private issues that had priority for me.

i updated the file and finally only the task file that is located in the upload directory. the query to collect all topics that should be deleted was wrong. i'm really sorry for the issues that some of you had with this bug.

i'm working on the new version with some improvements that are adressing the visual components of for deletion marked topics and some more options i.e. mark an already locked topic for deletion or remove the deletion mark on already locked topics. hope you will be appeased with this.

• 2 months later...

ok, i tested it with v3.2.3 and it worked. so you can use it there, but i will not give support if there are any issues with it, because i can't handle it keeping hooks created in a newer version compatible with older board versions. yo if you install it, there will be a warning that the hook is not for your version. but if it works, don't care about it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

I can't fix this bug by myself, but I removed this buggy link by deleting files:

• hooks/topicCADLForumModLinksTopicOpen_***.php
  • hooks/topicCADLForumModLinksTopicClosed_***.php
  • admin/applications/forums/sources/classes/topics/topicCADLForumModLinks.php

This will avoid deletion of wrong topics from forum view page.

Archived