Community

Minimum words/characters allowed in posts

Makoto

Anyone know if this is a feature yet? As others have said, it's useful to stop people starting threads entitled '.' or 'b'. While no technique will eliminate all trolling @Matt - the harder we make it for them, the better for the rest of the good users.

Edit: Just to clarify my preference/query is about enforcing min. number of characters in a thread title, not the post itself necessarily.

Edited by bigPaws

56 minutes ago, bigPaws said:

Edit: Just to clarify my preference/query is about enforcing min. number of characters in a thread title, not the post itself necessarily.

I don't think it's build in by default now. But maybe take a look at this one (but before buying ask the developer if it works on 4.x because last update was 2015):

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone.

I was searching for a plugin that work for minimum and maximum content limits in editor, and i found this:

https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/8822-ne-content-limits-for-editor/

Anyway, I have a problem. I need to set different limits for different sub-forums (like 8000 characters max for a section, 3500 for another, no limits for another and so on), so that plugin is not enuff :sad:

Anyone know a way I can take to do that?

5 hours ago, Borè srl said:

Hello everyone.

I was searching for a plugin that work for minimum and maximum content limits in editor, and i found this:

https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/8822-ne-content-limits-for-editor/

Anyway, I have a problem. I need to set different limits for different sub-forums (like 8000 characters max for a section, 3500 for another, no limits for another and so on), so that plugin is not enuff :sad:

Anyone know a way I can take to do that?

I released a plugin that does just that,

5 hours ago, Borè srl said:

Nope, i need essentially maximum post limits, not minimum :sad:

Ah, I misunderstood your post above. Anyways, it can be adjusted to do that very easy. If you purchase it, I will make the edits and send you the new file.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...