Built-in Template CSS Code coloring

PatrickRQ

Well,

I recently purchased the IP.Board together with all its applications, with every minute of configuring it I am becoming more shocked of its possibilities ;)

However, what I found annoying for me? The build-in Templates/css System without coloring the codes.

I would find it very useful and I believe it is not something that cannot be done. What the point is.. there is no point to go to external editing for small as for medium things.. I/we.. would be able to do it from the built-it system but without the colors it start to be very difficult to read and consumes much more time. I also believe that many of other IPS' Customers would find it useful and this is what is really missing among looots of amazing features of IPS' products.

You mean syntax highlighting I believe?

If so - I agree totally. It used to be in the very early 3.0 Alpha/Beta releases but got removed due to problems with the syntax.. It's not always convenient for me (as a skinner) to login to WebDAV to make a change on a clients' site. Something like what IP.Content has would be great - the ability to choose between using a syntax highlighted editor or the normal text area.

Saying that, I do understand the limitations... Would be nice to see something like this implemented though.

yes, exactly.. I mean the syntax highlighting, it would make everybody's life 10 times easier and would safe a lot of time and nerves.

Anyway, I can say the IP.Board is best forum engine I have ever seen, with that little exception :D

We tried one with IP.Board 3.0, but the size of our CSS files made the editor lag extremely badly in IE (and only IE...). We had to remove it as a result. We are investigating alternatives still.

You can set up WebDAV to edit your templates and CSS files, which would allow you to use a native code editor on your computer to edit those files. That would give you syntax highlighting (and any other features your editor supports). Search our documentation area for "webdav" for more info.

IE still exists? <joke> ^^

It should die already.

if IE was making a trouble why to prohibit developers working with other browsers? wouldn't there possible a switch to turn it off while IE? Only theoretical question..

Thanks for answer and your attention.

Archived