Tag search option: "all" or "any"

eGullet

• 4 months later...

I just found out another thing...

If i put keywords to search AND tags the results do not show up the combination of these but it treats them with OR..

This is also a problem as the results are more than the user wants..

I think it should also have the option for the criteria groups to be combined (AND) or not (OR)..

To be more effective i would prefer for IP staff to take the initiative to create a discussion reagrding searching .

I find it VITAL....After all what is knowledge usefull if you cant properly search for it?

thanks

Same should apply to similar topics. Obviously a topic is more similar if it has two similar tags instead of one. So these tags should be ordered on number of similar tags, rather than just randomly with any similar tag.

yeap!, that's why i am saying that IPS should take the initiation of starting the "search optimization" discussion...

This is a good idea. I wonder if I can convince Andy M to work on this.

I'll get started on that right after I add in "dislike" functionality.

yeap!, that's why i am saying that IPS should take the initiation of starting the "search optimization" discussion...

Search will be a major focus for IP.Suite 4 so yes please feel free to gather your thoughts and post any specific feedback you have in the feedback forum.

Archived