Lightbox context click behaviour is causing problems

FZ

Since we upgraded to the latest version of IPBoard our members have reported some erratic behaviour with the Lightbox feature.

In Firefox 12 on Windows 7 right clicking on an image triggers the Lightbox and no context menu. When the image is displayed in the lightbox a further right click displays a context menu sans the "Copy Image Location" option as well as certain other options, including an EXIF viewer and other plugin options. On OS X the Lightbox in Firefox 12 is triggered, the original context menu does appear at first, but then if you re-right click the displayed image the menu is minus the aforementioned bits again.

In IE9 in Win 7 you can right click an image and it doesn't trigger the Lightbox, but the context menu also doesn't display anything like copying a link to the image. I'm a Mac user so I don't know if that's normal or not.

Google Chrome on Windows works as expected with the first right click, but the second one is also missing vital information in the context menu. Chrome on OSX has the same behaviour.

Safari on OSX seems to work the same as the other browsers. I haven't tried it on Win 7.

The problem with this is that we need those original context menu items to refer to images in different threads on our photography forum. Most people these days use either FFox or IE9, and those are the two browsers with the problems.

Sure, we can switch off the Lightbox, but then we have to limit the posted image size on posts because otherwise larger images will break the layout.

An ideal fix would be if we could please have the option to go back to the older method of re-sizing and displaying large images on posts. Or, if you could at least give us an alternative to Lightbox (which if we are honest with ourselves is about as modern style wise as Bedazzled clothing) that would be good.

Am I the only person using IPB who has outraged members because of this stupid Lightroom bug?

Can we PLEASE have the option of using the old method of resizing the posted images? Pretty please??

You can disable the lightbox in the acp..

This is what I had to do a few days after upgrading to 3.2. The Lightbox integration is poor (you can't step through pictures within the Lightbox for example, you have to click out and click the next picture manually) and as noted here, it interferes with the context menu. Overall it was a step backwards from the simple JS resizing of oversized images in IPB 3.1.

Ironically the Tapatalk mobile app offers much more user-friendly navigation of embedded images than IPB itself.

This is what I had to do a few days after upgrading to 3.2. The Lightbox integration is poor (you can't step through pictures within the Lightbox for example, you have to click out and click the next picture manually) and as noted here, it interferes with the context menu. Overall it was a step backwards from the simple JS resizing of oversized images in IPB 3.1.

Ironically the Tapatalk mobile app offers much more user-friendly navigation of embedded images than IPB itself.

I would post in the feedback forum. You've got some good points.

This is the feedback forum isn't it? :D

I did make all those same points last year in [url="http://community.invisionpower.com/tracker/issue-33524-lightbox-used-everywhere/"]this comment[/url] on a bug report. I probably should have posted in the feedback forum back then.

So it is..its impossible to tell on the mobile skin.

Archived