Manage Board Statistics

connorhawke

Manage Board Statistics

This hook allows you to easily modify the values in statistics strips found throughout the IP.Suite.

Current options include the following:

Forum App and Portal App

Easily switch on or off all Forum stats modifications.

Increase or Decrease the Total Posts value.

Increase or Decrease the Total Members value.

Accurately recount Total Members in the database.

Accurately derive the Newest Member based on join date.

Increase or Decrease the Most Online value.

Change the Most Online Timestamp.

Set which user groups can view the Forum stats strip.

Blog App

Easily switch on or off all Blog stats modifications.

Increase or Decrease the Total Blogs value.

Increase or Decrease the Total Entries value.

Increase or Decrease the Total Comments value.

Set which user groups can view the Blog stats strip.

Gallery App

Easily switch on or off all Gallery stats modifications.

Increase or Decrease the Total Albums value.

Increase or Decrease the Total Images value.

Increase or Decrease the Total Comments value.

Increase or Decrease the Total Gallery Size value.

Set which user groups can view the Gallery stats strip.

Downloads App

Easily switch on or off all Downloads stats modifications.

Increase or Decrease the Total Files value.

Increase or Decrease the Total Categories value.

Increase or Decrease the Total Authors value.

Increase or Decrease the Total Downloads value.

Set which user groups can view the Downloads stats strip.

Global

Utilize a Compatibility Mode for different versions, if needed.

Instantly switch off or on all stats modifications.

• Submitter
    Con
  • Submitted
    05/02/2012
  • Category
  • Supported Versions

I can understand the purpose for this. However, let me say using this is extremely risky. Let's say you have inflated all your numbers making members and potential clients who may buy advertising on your board believe it's busier than it really is. Then all of a sudden there is an issue with this app whether it be from a conflict with another hook or maybe even a new version of the board. Then the true stats show for even a minute and someone sees it and realizes you have lied about your numbers you've just lost the faith of your members and any and all clients both present and future. This mod is extremely risky so my advice to people is to use it with extreme caution.

I can understand the purpose for this. However, let me say using this is extremely risky. Let's say you have inflated all your numbers making members and potential clients who may buy advertising on your board believe it's busier than it really is. Then all of a sudden there is an issue with this app whether it be from a conflict with another hook or maybe even a new version of the board. Then the true stats show for even a minute and someone sees it and realizes you have lied about your numbers you've just lost the faith of your members and any and all clients both present and future. This mod is extremely risky so my advice to people is to use it with extreme caution.

Yeah, you raise some good points. It also depends on the amount of inflation and the site it is applied to. An augmentation of 1, 10 or even 100 may be unlikely to be noticed.

I'm not encouraging usage of the mod simply by releasing it - just providing the option for those who want it.

At least the Database Recount option will not have that issue, and in fact may provide a more accurate count than the current default value. :smile:

Great, but how can I hide board stats for certain user groups? (even editing the board index template will do)

That is not currently available as an option in this modification. I may consider it for a future release though. ;)

If new people register, does it add onto the specified # that you've input via acp?

The counter will update normally. The number that is input via the ACP artificially increments or decrements the default or recounted value.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I'd like to know if this plugin will be updated for 54.1 as well. I'm definitely interested in purchasing an updated version of this plugin. But, I don't think Con is active anymore and that he's no longer a Client. If anyone else has plans to update this, I know I'd be interested in purchasing it as well.

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/12/2015 at 1:17 PM, Morisato said:

I'd like to know if this plugin will be updated for 54.1 as well. I'm definitely interested in purchasing an updated version of this plugin. But, I don't think Con is active anymore and that he's no longer a Client. If anyone else has plans to update this, I know I'd be interested in purchasing it as well.

Hi, I don't currently have plans to update this. If someone else wants to create one feel free.

Archived