Sign in through Google

Lavo

I have a Google account. It's a Google Apps account.

Let's say it's:

"google@mydomain.com"

However I signed up to a forum using "forumname@mydomain.com"

How can I link my Google account with my forum profile? I can link Twitter and Facebook this way, even though I used different email accounts to register on those sites too.

I also found your simple documentation steps confusing. I had no "Create New Server Key" options at all. It said something about "Create new OpenAuth" or something, and I had to choose "Web Application" in the next screen.

Screenshot of that area pretty please, as obviously they show differing items.
re-association is planned for 1.0.5, problem is, by switching the authentication "key" I invalidate auto-login for existing members, the association would be required, not optional to allow the login..

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Working great since the update man. Great job.

Any chance of a google+ integration feature for status updates in a later version? :tongue:

yes... right now i am head-bashing my face against the UCP tab :tongue:
Will require offline access as a note, and a task.... is doable... once I can get the UCP tab to kick on the return from Google for linking an existing account, I can easily list the access as FB does and enhance off the API.
Settings... sigh.
Requires Google+ API access requested, ergo, I really need to give you controls as to what is enabled... and by Group no less.

Will require offline access as a note, and a task.... is doable... once I can get the UCP tab to kick on the return from Google for linking an existing account, I can easily list the access as FB does and enhance off the API.

Settings... sigh.

Requires Google+ API access requested, ergo, I really need to give you controls as to what is enabled... and by Group no less.

Settings... sigh.

I understand about half of that :tongue: but it still seems complicated nonetheless. I'm sure if anyone can get it going, it is you.

I have a user reporting an issue with my auto welcome app and this mod. It's sending out a welcome message every login. While troubleshooting this I can only see 1 instance when this mod would reference the onCompleteAccount memberSync function, when it creates a local member. Just wanted to check if this is the case?, you've probably got a better understanding of the login auth then me.

I have a user reporting an issue with my auto welcome app and this mod. It's sending out a welcome message every login. While troubleshooting this I can only see 1 instance when this mod would reference the onCompleteAccount memberSync function, when it creates a local member. Just wanted to check if this is the case?, you've probably got a better understanding of the login auth then me.

It is the case, and I have already swapped it out for a full IPSMember::create call as of 1.0.5(still IN_DEV fully), it is particularly core_login->createLocalMember tripping this wire.
Though frankly... I return a successful login, a login of an existing account really should not be hitting that at all, its not like I am creating a member when one exists as match :blink:

Hey Marcher, one suggestion, you should add an option in the UserCP to allow an already registered user to link their forum account with their Google account. Possible maybe?

I have a Google account. It's a Google Apps account.

Let's say it's:

"google@mydomain.com"

However I signed up to a forum using "forumname@mydomain.com"

How can I link my Google account with my forum profile? I can link Twitter and Facebook this way, even though I used different email accounts to register on those sites too.

I also found your simple documentation steps confusing. I had no "Create New Server Key" options at all. It said something about "Create new OpenAuth" or something, and I had to choose "Web Application" in the next screen.

Done, you may link your existing forum account to a google account, as well as Dis-associate the account and import your Google profile Picture for use on the forum.

This update "should" help.... but it could hurt. :unsure:
Email is no longer the keys to the kingdom folks.
Anyone that "registered" through Google Previously WILL need to Log in to IPB normally and associate First or a new account will be created, not much I can do about that.

error redirect_uri_mismatch

The redirect URI in the request: http://yran.ru/interface/board/google.php did not match a registered redirect URI

in what there can be a problem?
Thanks

go here:

https://code.google.com/apis/console/

Go to the API Access Page, if you have not, "Create New Server Key".

For the web application you have made, you MUST put that URL in as an input of Redirect URIs:

{board_root}/interface/board/google.php AND {board_root}/interface/board/linkgoogle.php

Then put the Client ID and key into the settings on IPB's end.

Else, Google denies the request as it sees it as an unauthorized access.

Everyone will need to add {board_root}/interface/board/linkgoogle.php as well after Upgrade/install to allow linking existing accounts.
In addition, prompt is always going to be forced as I need offline access to properly allow Dis-association of the account, google requires I have offline access used to allow programmatical removal of the application for the google account.

this is starting to get big....

any chance we could identify the users who loged in with < .4 version of the mod?

SELECT member_id FROM members WHERE google_access_token!=NULL AND google_uid=NULL;

... pretty sure that should spit out a list.... of course, the google_uid literally does not exist until upgrade. :unsure:
pre-upgrade you can remove the AND portion to list all linked accounts.

¬¬ there is no google_uid record...

... did you upgrade the hook?
upon the install/upgrade of 1.0.5 it should add said field.... I did test that, repeatedly.
As i said, if pre-upgrade, remove the AND, it won't exist until 1.0.5 is installed.... so something like:

SELECT * FROM `members` WHERE `google_access_token` IS NOT NULL;

would list all users having used it pre-upgrade.
EDIT: wow, did not realize my manual SQL was that rusty, my bad... syntax does differ, running above in acp toolbox would bork nicely.. >.<

ahhh..no i was about to notify members before upgrade...yet mysql shown 366 users with my query, i think its easier for me an them to leave it alone instead of finding a quick way to send them an email, since they are in a common group :(
be carefull with the !=NULL it did NOT work on phpmyadmin, i had to use IS NOT NULL, but i do not know why

ahhh..no i was about to notify members before upgrade...yet mysql shown 366 users with my query, i think its easier for me an them to leave it alone instead of finding a quick way to send them an email, since they are in a common group :sad:

be carefull with the !=NULL it did NOT work on phpmyadmin, i had to use IS NOT NULL, but i do not know why

I know why, i'm running it from the ACP toolbox, you are running it in phpmyadmin, syntax differs.... BUT, i have a feeling here.
try this:

SELECT * FROM `members` WHERE `google_access_token` IS NOT NULL AND `members_created_remote`='1';

this will exclude individuals who did not use it to register, but rather to login, which results in a list of only the affected accounts, rather than anyone who used it.... obviously fix DB prefix.

I know why, i'm running it from the ACP toolbox, you are running it in phpmyadmin, syntax differs.... BUT, i have a feeling here.

try this:

SELECT * FROM `members` WHERE `google_access_token` IS NOT NULL AND `members_created_remote`='1';

this will exclude individuals who did not use it to register, but rather to login, which results in a list of only the affected accounts, rather than anyone who used it.... obviously fix DB prefix.

weird, i tought SQL was server specific, not front end specific...

the query worked nicely, thanks again :)

yet another stupid question... do i have to "allow" google every time i login via google?

Basically, yes.
see the bottom of this page:
https://developers.g...OAuth2WebServer
to allow me to programmatically revoke the application from the account at the users request(this goes further, is read-only, but the next step is to import to IPB Status' from Google "activities"), i must have offline access, Google will NOT send a refresh_token with auto, only with force.

Have I mentioned I am hating the hoops Google makes here I am having to jump through? :tongue:

Sigh... can i win for losing? adding a setting then(cause a certain other group would flip out if auto was forced).... will ONLY affect the login, the "linking" really does need it.

Done.
as the setting describes: Specifies whether Logging in through Google will Force a Prompt for Access, allowing no prompt WILL require re-association of the account UCP area after a successful login for full functionality.
No version change, simply re-import hook and re-upload files.
by allowing auto, the refresh_token is thus invalidated.
The template already has code to handle this occasion.

was this tested when using https for login?

I can associate account ok but trying to login gives uri error

Error: redirect_uri_mismatch

The redirect URI in the request:

https://www.davemacl...oard/google.php

did not match a registered redirect URI

do you have that URL in the google API console as a registered redirect URI for your web application? by the fact one is working correctly and the other not, you missed a step in the install from the google API console end.

Archived