Sign in through Google

Lavo

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the last time I saw this, there was a php fatal error completely unrelated to this modification occurring. Please pm me with access details.

I have the same issue, what details do you need?

• 1 month later...

Just some info to others having the problem I just had. If you can't associate your account with Google, but you can get through the authorization page (ie press accept, then page returns to forum, but it is not associated), Here's what I did: Go into Log In Management, and disable the Google login, the re-enable it. Worked for me.

• 3 weeks later...

When I tray to sing in, I have error 500, and this line at log:

PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required '/var/www/vhosts/server.com/ips_kernel//google/oauth.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php:/var/www/vhosts/server.com/ips_kernel/') in /var/www/vhosts/server.travmatik.com/admin2013_noway/sources/base/core.php on line 1151" while reading response header from upstream, client: *.*.*.*, server: server.com, request: "POST /index.php?app=core&module=global&section=login&do=process&use_google=1 HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm/php5-fpm.sock:", host: "server.com", referrer: "http://server.com/"

:(

When I tray to sing in, I have error 500, and this line at log:

PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required '/var/www/vhosts/server.com/ips_kernel//google/oauth.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php:/var/www/vhosts/server.com/ips_kernel/') in /var/www/vhosts/server.travmatik.com/admin2013_noway/sources/base/core.php on line 1151" while reading response header from upstream, client: *.*.*.*, server: server.com, request: "POST /index.php?app=core&module=global&section=login&do=process&use_google=1 HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm/php5-fpm.sock:", host: "server.com", referrer: "http://server.com/"

:sad:

Please upload the files via FTP to your server. this says you installed the hook but did not upload anything.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there anything on this that may be defaulting my fonts? Since adding it all the sign in, create account pages have changed to a standard font. The global wrapper and navigation bar has done the same, again just in the sign in pages, the rest of the site and apps are fine. Otherwise works great.

Thanks for any thoughts on this.

Hello,

I'm trying to troubleshoot some login issues that may or may not be related to Google & the use of this plugin as an authentication bridge. I have some questions:

1. This hook creates several columns in the members table.

1. google_access_token
  2. google_access_expires
  3. google_refresh_token
  4. google_pass_reset
  5. google_uid

I would like to better understand these columns, and will use thee members as an example.

Member 1:
  • access_token: hash
  • access_expires: 3600
  • refresh_token: 0
  • pass_reset: 0
  • google_uid: numerical string

Member 2:
  • access_expires: 3599
  • refresh_token: hash
  • pass_reset: 1
  • google_uid: numerical string

Member 3:
  • access_expires: 3600
  • refresh_token: hash
  • pass_reset: 0
  • google_uid: 0

Are there any anomalies to what I'm seeing?

2. There is an option in the users profile page that enables them to associate/disassociate the Google account. Upon clicking the relevant button, the page goes into an infinite loading state until the page either times out or the users forces a refresh. Once refreshed, a second push of the button works as expected.

Thanks,

Cory

Okay, I think I've researched and figured out the answers to my own questions above. However, I still haven't solved the authentication issues my users are having.

Essentially, users cannot have both an active session where they have signed in via Google, and another where they are signed in with local credentials.

The reason this matters: Tapatalk always uses the login/password combo they've configured in IPBoard. If users login to the desktop using Gmail, they will be logged out (of the desktop) every time they open the Tapatalk app. Members complain about this.

Tapatalk caches the users local credentials, so they are always automatically signed in when returning to the app.

Twitter and Facebook behave differently, by allowing simultaneous sessions.

I know this can be done with Google as well, because it worked fine at another forum I used to manage. There were two major differences though. Drupal managed forum accounts, and the forum software was vBulletin.

Any ideas on how to solve this problem?

I thought setting up offline access via the Manage Google settings page might fix it, but that's not the case. In fact, every time the user logs off and returns to that screen, they find that offline access is no longer configured, and have to do it all over again.

• 2 weeks later...

On my site, on the bottom of the page a see a blank line caused by this plugin, the code behind the black spase is:

<iframe name="oauth2relay*********" id="oauth2relay*********" src="https://accounts.google.com/o/oauth2/postmessageRelay?parent=http%3A%2F%2Fxboxitalia.net#rpctoken=*********&amp;forcesecure=1" style="width: 1px; height: 1px; position: absolute; left: -100px;"></iframe>

And i see that adding a "display: none" as style should solve the problem, but just with live editing in google chrome, but i can't find it in the acp :(

On my site, on the bottom of the page a see a blank line caused by this plugin, the code behind the black spase is:

<iframe name="oauth2relay*********" id="oauth2relay*********" src="https://accounts.google.com/o/oauth2/postmessageRelay?parent=http%3A%2F%2Fxboxitalia.net#rpctoken=*********&amp;forcesecure=1" style="width: 1px; height: 1px; position: absolute; left: -100px;"></iframe>

And i see that adding a "display: none" as style should solve the problem, but just with live editing in google chrome, but i can't find it in the acp :sad:

There are other problems with your skin. You have a stray closing div tag at the bottom of your page. You also have an <a> tag embedded inside of another <a> tag at line 1277.

And i see that adding a "display: none" as style should solve the problem, but just with live editing in google chrome, but i can't find it in the acp :sad:

There are other problems with your skin. You have a stray closing div tag at the bottom of your page. You also have an <a> tag embedded inside of another <a> tag at line 1277.

Yep, I'm experiencing this too on my site. I've been unable to track it down so far until I read this.

Thanks for the feedback. I don't know if I'm getting that code...I just get a difficult to trace blank div at the bottom of the page. I posted earlier about an odd font change on my sign in pages after installing the plugin, it's the only change on those pages....is that unrelated too? Thanks again for any feedback.

Thanks for the feedback. I don't know if I'm getting that code...I just get a difficult to trace blank div at the bottom of the page. I posted earlier about an odd font change on my sign in pages after installing the plugin, it's the only change on those pages....is that unrelated too? Thanks again for any feedback.

The things is — from a layout perspective — this plugin only adds a few buttons. There are some inline scripts added as well, but your page has bigger issues in its HTML source code that are not the caused by the plugin.

For example, on line 182, this is used to define some inline styling:

#content, .main_width { width: 75%; !important; }

That is erroneous CSS. It should be:

#content, .main_width { width: 75% !important; }

Actually I'm not sure why that div is even inline as it's already defined in IPBoard's style.css. There are a lot of different things going on inside that page, that seem odd as well. Point is, other issues on a page often times cascade and create other issues. You're probably looking at the wrong plug-in to fix this problem. Always try to replicate in the default IPBoard skin first. If you still have problems, start disabling hooks one by one.

I personally like to debug using a combination of Firefox and Firebug. Chrome and Chrome Developer Tools as well. If you view the source code of a page using Firefox, it will display all of your errors in bright bold red.

Well, on the rendered page i assume, finding where it is in the acp is the real challenge :

Ps: On the homepage i don't have the problem any more, there is just a textbox on topics

The first thing the user might want to check are the hooks and plugins. I would disable them all and then re-enable them one by one to see which hook or plugin is interfering with the Google login hook. I've never had any problems like what he's describing. It's either interfering with another hook/plugin or he has a problem with the forum skin he's using.

• 2 weeks later...

I have installed the plugin and everything works fine on "forced" prompt type.

When I switch to "automatic" prompt type, I get a 404:

The requested URL /interface/board/http%252525253A%252525252F%252525252Fwww.lifeimprove.co.il%252525252F was not found on this server.

I did change the domain name (old one redirects to the new one) and I think it might have something to do with it.

(tried removing and reinstalling)

Any help will be highly appreciated.

code.google.com
API Access
Did you update the redirect URI’s to your new domain? The redirect is probably messing it (Google) up.

Also, per the Admin panel:

"allowing no prompt WILL require re-association of the Account UCP area."

Meaning, if you set it to forced (as suggested above), and later changed it to automatic, you need to follow his instruction in your User Control Panel.

Archived