Community

Lavo

Sign in through Google

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&s

File Name: Sign in through Google

File Submitter: Lavo

File Submitted: 01 May 2012

File Category: User and Social Engagement

This plugin will allow new users to sign into your forum through the Google OAuth authentication system.
Uses no OAuth Libraries, solely IPB API.
Configuration for Display Name usage, either to force input(MUST Allow Display Name Changes, else real name is used), or use information provided by Google, either full name, given name, or family name, and what group users registering through this method should be placed in.
This Plugin will also Allow Existing Users to Associate Their Google Account with their forum account, and import thier Profle Photo For Use From Google.
Shows an icon for users who have registered through google login within the acp members list.
Includes a Wrapper Class for making further calls to google API Services as a site may need for the user on their authorization, and documentation thereof.
Supports Google 2-Factor Authentication.
Supports Mobile skin usage.
Is Listed as a 'Community Enhancement' for 3.4.x administrators, to better manage the specific settings relevant to the modification.

here to download this file

Great mod, but I have a few questions.

First, why is there two login buttons on the ajax? login? Can we remove the extra one? (Top one possibly?)

Secondly, I have steam login and it is now under "Use Facebook" login button and needs some spacing, how can we achieve this? Screenshot bellow.

%7Boption%7D

I really like this Google login.

EDIT: Just went to log in again and it has changed position:

%7Boption%7D

First, why is there two login buttons on the ajax? login? Can we remove the extra one? (Top one possibly?)

Secondly, I have steam login and it is now under "Use Facebook" login button and needs some spacing, how can we achieve this? Screenshot bellow.

%7Boption%7D

I really like this Google login.

EDIT: Just went to log in again and it has changed position:

%7Boption%7D

board version by chance? did not note this in development or testing.... will look again.... not doing that on my demo either as a note... so i will assume 3.2.x version until a response is made.
my bad... I've got a duplicate hook here... moment.

<snip>

Fixed, only the top one remains or was factually intentional.
... you can opt to move the hook point and adjust the html of the hook, but just looking at a form with more than 3 methods it needs its own line, or custom skinning applied to look sane.

also... I wanted to note this since I had not.
This is an email-based login, in that Google authenticates the user without any input from my end and sends me back the email.
therefore, existing users that use google email accounts will be able to sign in with this method to their existing accounts.

error redirect_uri_mismatch

The redirect URI in the request: http://yran.ru/interface/board/google.php did not match a registered redirect URI

in what there can be a problem?
Thanks

error redirect_uri_mismatch

The redirect URI in the request: http://yran.ru/interface/board/google.php did not match a registered redirect URI

in what there can be a problem?
Thanks

go here:
https://code.google.com/apis/console/
Go to the API Access Page, if you have not, "Create New Server Key".
For the web application you have made, you MUST put that URL in as an input of Redirect URIs:
{board_root}/interface/board/google.php
Then put the Client ID and key into the settings on IPB's end.
Else, Google denies the request as it sees it as an unauthorized access.

I got it to work. Good stuff and thank you.

The only issue I had was when selecting from "Google Real Name/Display Name".
I tried each of the options but only "Use Full Name" worked.

I'd like to get the user to enter a display name if possible similar to your demo.

I thought it was because I didn't allow the group "member" to change their display name but I changed the settings to allow 1 change per 0 approved posts and it still didn't work.

Any ideas?

I got it to work. Good stuff and thank you.

The only issue I had was when selecting from "Google Real Name/Display Name".

I tried each of the options but only "Use Full Name" worked.

I'd like to get the user to enter a display name if possible similar to your demo.

I thought it was because I didn't allow the group "member" to change their display name but I changed the settings to allow 1 change per 0 approved posts and it still didn't work.

Any ideas?

Fiddling with this.... bosh and balders.... it seems i am unable to sidestep this setting, and thus need to update the setting description... I am bound by the same rules as all other login handlers on this Global setting:
Allow display names

To allow the choice, rather to force the input, that system setting must be yes, this is handled beyond a login handler's scope.
Given Name and Family Name should work fine regardless.... note that once the member exists, to test that end further you actually have to delete the member generated.... otherwise they just login.

Fiddling with this.... bosh and balders.... it seems i am unable to sidestep this setting, and thus need to update the setting description... I am bound by the same rules as all other login handlers on this Global setting:

Allow display names

To allow the choice, rather to force the input, that system setting must be yes, this is handled beyond a login handler's scope.

Given Name and Family Name should work fine regardless.... note that once the member exists, to test that end further you actually have to delete the member generated.... otherwise they just login.

You lost me a little bit but I do see "Allow display names" in the settings for the other logins (Twitter & Facebook). And the warning:
You MUST have the setting 'Allow "Display Names"' enabled for this to work, otherwise the real name is enforced.

Are you saying that you do agree that there is an issue when selecting "Force display name input" for the google login and that you are working on it?

You MUST have the setting 'Allow "Display Names"' enabled for this to work, otherwise the real name is enforced.

Are you saying that you do agree that there is an issue when selecting "Force display name input" for the google login and that you are working on it?

I saying I a: Need to add that warning to this setting, and B: when you misconfigure it such do something sane and force the real name instead of it making a member with no name.
almost done.

I saying I a: Need to add that warning to this setting, and B: when you misconfigure it such do something sane and force the real name instead of it making a member with no name.

almost done.

Done,
If you for some reason decide to try to force a name input when Allow Display Names is Off, instead of showing a blank form and actually allowing the user to register without a display name, the Real Name Google supplies is enforced.

board version by chance? did not note this in development or testing.... will look again.... not doing that on my demo either as a note... so i will assume 3.2.x version until a response is made.

my bad... I've got a duplicate hook here... moment.

Where it will be possible to download hook? I have the same problem. Thanks

go here:

https://code.google.com/apis/console/

Go to the API Access Page, if you have not, "Create New Server Key".

For the web application you have made, you MUST put that URL in as an input of Redirect URIs:

{board_root}/interface/board/google.php

Then put the Client ID and key into the settings on IPB's end.

Else, Google denies the request as it sees it as an unauthorized access.

thanks a lot everything turned out.

Where it will be possible to download hook? I have the same problem. Thanks

thanks a lot everything turned out.

Hence the version, also tidied some bits in the core handlers, reupload, reimport the hook, 1.0.1 should see every issue mentioned in this thread resolved.

Hence the version, also tidied some bits in the core handlers, reupload, reimport the hook, 1.0.1 should see every issue mentioned in this thread resolved.

thanks for work everything works

you great developer)

Fixed, only the top one remains or was factually intentional.

... you can opt to move the hook point and adjust the html of the hook, but just looking at a form with more than 3 methods it needs its own line, or custom skinning applied to look sane.

Thanks, just to clarify I have 3.3.1 - for now I think it looks better at the top, I am sure there will be more log-in's becoming available in the future.

Now I understand that this is only intentional for log-in, but thinking about this further, would you consider adding this log-in to the registration page?

Something like this perhaps?

Light log-in:

%7Boption%7D2pW29.png' alt='' class='ipsImage' width" alt="" class="ipsImage" width="1000" height="257">

Or Dark:

%7Boption%7DfY9Ii.png' alt='' class='ipsImage' width" alt="" class="ipsImage" width="1000" height="258">

Or Blue:

%7Boption%7DWPxHr.png' alt='' class='ipsImage' width" alt="" class="ipsImage" width="1000" height="258">

Thoughts?

-.- On it... dunno why registration got overlooked. as a note, i cannot hook it onto that line precisely, the code there checks that either facebook or twitter is enabled, thus far is set up so neither must be enabled to use this, and it will stay that way, will need to be in a separate div on another line there.

-.- On it... dunno why registration got overlooked. as a note, i cannot hook it onto that line precisely, the code there checks that either facebook or twitter is enabled, thus far is set up so neither must be enabled to use this, and it will stay that way, will need to be in a separate div on another line there.

Done.
Upgrade from 1.0.1 is as simple as reimporting the hook.

Hi great hook, thank you! How I can change language on the button? It is English by default and I running Russian speaking community.

Thank you again!

the language strings can all be found within core/public_login, you should really only need search "google" but here are those language string keys:

have_google

default->Have a Google Account?

sign_in_google

default->Sign In with Google

log_in_google

default->Log In with Google

macro__google

default->Google

use_google

default->Use Google