Songs In Profile

-RAW-

• 2 weeks later...

Rich, you need to go to edit profile to find it in the list on the left, and you need to upload a song before it will appear on your profile if that's what you're having the problem with :)

Is there any plans to make it playlist acceptable? Would be nice to play a series of songs instead of the same one again and again and having to upload a different one each time :)

• 4 months later...

Getting strange errors on a few member profiles...

Warning: Illegal string offset 'myT_g' in /home/site/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_4/skin_profile.php on line 1855

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ecchi/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_4/skin_profile.php:1855) in /home/site/public_html/admincp/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ecchi/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_4/skin_profile.php:1855) in /home/site/public_html/admincp/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

No problems; I'll post up my suggestions that I have for this app now so it's here when you have spare time. It might look organised - it's not. Just jotted ideas typed up, when I was poking around the settings for this app earlier this week... I ended up having (and drawing) ideas for it. With almost no coding experience. smile.png

This is what I prioritised as my most critical suggestion:

IPS has made IPS4 more mobile compatible which is fantastic, however the Songs in Profile is a far cry from being compatible with mobile devices (because it's SWF/Flash). I was wondering if jPlayer (Opensource, I think) or some other HTML5/jQuery based player could be used instead? This I feel will blend in better with IPS4 but it doesn't necessarily not blend in with 3.4.x but I feel it will fare better with IPS4. I mean there might be problems with Firefox and MP3's, but the above mentioned intelligently switches (from what I can tell) between SWF/HTML5 where appropriate; and I can confirm that it at least works on my Android. Without getting into Fanwars over the subject here but I think Flash is pretty much dying, for this kind of media at the very least. [And you're probably going to tell me you know all this already and you're already planning it. xP]

Less Critical Suggestions:

It could be made more clear to the user what the feature is for (IE: You need to have URL's that end with .mp3, .ogg, etc...) as a lot of members are stuffing Youtube links in there, then asking why it's not working. (Yes, seriously. I kid you not.)

Perhaps some kind of dynamic analyser in the form X if url won't work "Tick Sign" if it should work. So perhaps if it has a .mp3 at the end it turns to a tick for example.

Edited by Tripp_UK

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...