Songs In Profile

-RAW-

Ok, well... I uploaded the contents of the upload folder, and it was still working. But then when I installed the hook my player died. Is just a white block now.

before:

before_hook-working_zps1a2a9cfb.jpg

after (with new hook):

after_hook-broken_zps18fc1929.jpg

What's funny is that I tried overwriting the new hook with the old one, and now it's working. It just stripped off the hex value for the player background. Not surprisingly, the default volume feature is not working with the "old" hook back on even though the option is there in system settings.

overwriting old hook:

after_putting_old_hook_back_on_zpsc12a44

I should probably just revert my site again. Maybe there are too many SWFs now and they are conflicting? I count 4. From just dumping public and uploads into public_html I have a musicplayer.swf in public > songs_in_profile, I have a mp3player.swf in public (no idea what the story is with that), and I have an OriginalMusicPlayer.swf still in public_html from the previous version.

I didn't try the Mac stuff in this install because I was trying to keep it simple, but that would have made a 4th .SWF player with ._musicplayer.SWF in public > songs_in_profile.

edit:

-RAW-, on 05 Oct 2013 - 1:18 PM, said:
mp3player.swf is from ips , i placed the on for this mod on /songs_in_profile folder

Good to delete that one then? It might have been from something else I tried that didn't fully remove itself with an uninstall?

Ok, well... I uploaded the contents of the upload folder, and it was still working. But then when I installed the hook my player died. Is just a white block now.

before:

after (with new hook):

What's funny is that I tried overwriting the new hook with the old one, and now it's working. It just stripped off the hex value for the player background. Not surprisingly, the default volume feature is not working with the "old" hook back on even though the option is there in system settings.

overwriting old hook:

after_putting_old_hook_back_on_zpsc12a44

I should probably just revert my site again. Maybe there are too many SWFs now and they are conflicting? I count 4. From just dumping public and uploads into public_html I have a musicplayer.swf in public > songs_in_profile, I have a mp3player.swf in public (no idea what the story is with that), and I have an OriginalMusicPlayer.swf still in public_html from the previous version.

I didn't try the Mac stuff in this install because I was trying to keep it simple, but that would have made a 4th .SWF player with ._musicplayer.SWF in public > songs_in_profile.

edit:

-RAW-, on 05 Oct 2013 - 1:18 PM, said:
mp3player.swf is from ips , i placed the on for this mod on /songs_in_profile folder

Good to delete that one then? It might have been from something else I tried that didn't fully remove itself with an uninstall?

those mac files should not show now with the new files just uploaded, the mp3player.swf file no need to delete that i think thats the mp3 player for posts ,

OriginalMusicPlayer.swf is the only one to remove

before:

after (with new hook):

It's good that you reduced the confusion with the extra files, but with the new hook my player is just a blank screen and won't work.

If I install the old hook over it, then it works. Put the new hook back on, and it's just a white block with no sound.

If I overwrite the new hook with the old one then it will work again, but naturally it doesn't respond to the default = 50 setting that you just put in the ACP since it's the old hook. I guess I could revert my site a third time and try again, but I'm pretty sure that I followed the instructions right. I just uploaded the public and uploads folder, deleted the originalplayer, and installed the new hook.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...