Fonts Adding to Forum

Elbmek

I think I have touched on this before but obviously nothing was done.

The only 'mod' I have on my forum is the addition of a font not included in the software - garamond. Everytime we have an upgrade the font obviously vanishes again, necessitating a reinput. Twice in the past month. Its not a big thing but can garamond be included in the next upgrade to remain there? I have only 2-3 members who prefer that font but it keeps them happy!!!

So devs darlings!!!! Can I have my font please? Answers on the back of a 13 dollar bill to ...................

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

If you want your modifications to survive upgrades, then they should be done using the hooks system. If you are modifying your files to do these mods, then like every version of the software, they will get overwritten when you upgrade. This really falls on you, if you want this mod to keep working then you need to work within the current framework to ensure that happens.

Thanks Mike, that's solves one little hitch, but could still do with more fonts as standard. Every forum I am in or have been in, members modify their posts according to taste. Invision should be no different (except better of course!!!!).

The fonts chosen are the ones widely supported by browsers across platforms. Unfortunately there's only a select range of fonts that will be available on all devices, operating systems and browsers. For example, on a Mac, Calibri isn't available, so if I came across a post written in Calibri it wouldn't look as intended. Garamond is another that is not consistently available.

You can check out CSS fonts at http://cssfontstack.com/ - the little 'i' icon will show you the availability the given font has. Garamond is only present on ~88% of Windows computers and less than 50% of Macs.

Archived