Social Groups 2.0.0 Latest Visitors Addon

Nuclear General

%7Boption%7D

File Name: Social Groups 2.0.0 Latest Visitors Addon

File Submitter: Nuclear General

File Submitted: 24 Apr 2012

File Category: Content Management

This Is an addon module for (RSyvarth) Social Groups 2.0.0 that adds a Block for Social Groups To Utilize on their pages that shows who is currently viewing the group, with a choice of a sidebar or footer stats style template per usage.

here to download this file

Hi -

This is so cool. Thanks for being the FIRST to create an Addon for the new Social Groups 2.0 application. Wanted to ask if there is a difference between this approach and Adriano's mod, members currently viewing this forum? My inquiry is really focused on members who are on the group right now, and would those show both group members and non-group members?

So several questions:

1. Does this mod consider a non-group member to be a guest?
2. Could this mod be altered to show something like "The following group members were online in the past 15 minutes ...
3. Could this mod possibly show ipb board members who visited the group but who are not group members?

Thanks,

Brian

Hi -

This is so cool. Thanks for being the FIRST to create an Addon for the new Social Groups 2.0 application. Wanted to ask if there is a difference between this approach and Adriano's mod,

members currently viewing this forum

? My inquiry is really focused on members who are on the group right now, and would those show both group members and non-group members?

So several questions:

1. Does this mod consider a non-group member to be a guest?

2. Could this mod be altered to show something like "The following group members were online in the past 15 minutes ...

3. Could this mod possibly show ipb board members who visited the group but who are not group members?

Thanks,

Brian

3. yes, it already does 0-o
2. language string, but that would be inaccurate, due to above.
1. This add-on actually uses the IPBoard sessions API, it shows any IP.Board user currently viewing the given group that is not in error.... quite basically its a who the deuce is visiting my group? :tongue:
Because it uses the IP.Board API directly, yes, it should show guests to the board viewing the group if allowed as well, but no, i make no effort to show a user's position in relation to the group in this case.... its simply a who is visiting add-on.

• 9 months later...

Archived