Community

I just went through a customer's board of mine that had the promenu and a skin of mine installed so I could make the two compatible.

One suggestion I have about inserting arrows on list items with menus, I think it would be much better if you put the arrow as an actual image inside of the anchor tag rather than the background of the anchor tag (this is how the IP Content menu does it). I had to completely recreate the CSS for the navigation menu on this skin of mine since it had backgrounds on the anchors (like most skins do). With this, the customer lost the ability of the active tab display because your arrow is the background image and the background could then only be a solid color.

In summary, my suggestion is to make the layout of your dropdowns match the layout of the IP Content dropdowns and possibly use the standard classes that are already in the skin so there is less to alter for those not proficient in CSS.

Hi Jinkler. It only looks cut off because you're looking at it through the preview window in your AdminCP. If you go to the front side of your site it won't be cut off.

As for the it parse the code, I'll leave that for Robert. :)

I just went through a customer's board of mine that had the promenu and a skin of mine installed so I could make the two compatible.

One suggestion I have about inserting arrows on list items with menus, I think it would be much better if you put the arrow as an actual image inside of the anchor tag rather than the background of the anchor tag (this is how the IP Content menu does it). I had to completely recreate the CSS for the navigation menu on this skin of mine since it had backgrounds on the anchors (like most skins do). With this, the customer lost the ability of the active tab display because your arrow is the background image and the background could then only be a solid color.

In summary, my suggestion is to make the layout of your dropdowns match the layout of the IP Content dropdowns and possibly use the standard classes that are already in the skin so there is less to alter for those not proficient in CSS.

their technique has already been implemented in the 2.x.x series, though I use my own calls as they don't use a separate arrow indicator for hover and their base arrow indicator colors wont fit all themes .. but feel free to make your themes Promenu compliant (1 theme developer has already started doing this, and I hope others follow his lead :tongue: ) .. if you need a copy to work from that can be arranged, just pm me to set something up

Thanks for the screenshots Timberwolf. It's helped a little, although there's still something wrong with mine?

Firstly, it's not parsing the html I've added to the Html Block:

post-146236-0-30883900-1335294435_thumb.

I'm assuming that when you refer to MegaMenus, it can make stuff like this?

http://themes.pixelw...MenuCompleteSet

The code I was using as HMTL is the exact same test code, so I guess I'll soon find out when i get the HTML parsing :smile:

yes .. that can be achieved with the mega menu settings .. if your still having issues contact me via pm and we'll setup a time to see what issues your having .. as far as html not showing .. do you have the setting "use HTML block" set to yes?

and sorry everyone .. for some reason my setting to follow this topic was lost

Attention All Clients

new version released ... has the following changes:
  • Fixed a small bug in the menu visibility and permissions pages.
  • Removed old code left behind in the template primary_menus to avoid a settings conflict.
  • Added in a new setting to allow the header menu bar to be set to a fixed position.

for those having issues with primary submenus..

apparently I have the wrong colors in that style .. they are meant for the header style instead

find the following 3 rules and replace them with the following:

#community_app_menu li ul a

{

background-color:#1c3b5f; /* Define your submenu color here since the default color are terrible */

color: #c5d5e2;   /* Define your submenu font color here to blend with your new background color */

}

#community_app_menu li ul a:hover,

#community_app_menu li ul a.active:hover

{

background-color:#173455; /* Define your submenu hover color here since the default doesn't provide one */

color: #fff;   /* Define your submenu font color here to blend with your new background color */

}

#community_app_menu li ul a.active

{

background-color:#fff; /* Define your submenu active color here since the default doesn't provide one */

color: #0b5794;   /* Define your submenu font color here to blend with your new background color */

font-weight: bold;

margin-top: 0;

text-shadow: none;

}

if you haven't upgraded to 2.0.2 yet, this doesn't apply as I have altered the current download to reflect these changes.

I created a primary nav menu and in the menu settings I put in a link url but for some reason even after saving it won't link to the address I inputted. It just opens a blank window. Any idea why that might feature might not be working?

cannot replicate .. pm me for a remote session and I'll have a look at whats going on with your build

I stand corrected .. this is a bug .. will look into this issue and post a patch as soon as possible

Edited by Robert Simons

Hello,

How to I change the spacing between menus?

They all have subs.

without looking at your skin..I wouldn't know..as its reading from that theme's ipb.style.css for the main level .. I only style the submenus and megamenus .. rest is pulled directly from the theme

I'm having trouble with skin Cold Space.

The moment I install Pro menu, the page where you read posts get completely broke, and if any of the hooks are enabled it breaks the entire site image set.

www.duguild.com

How can I make my menu look like this, especially the three columns text block there? My Textblock are alway one column things.

columns and rows..are done thru the creation of categories .. treating a menu as a category will due two things .. set it so its viewed as a category..and also begins a new column .. any submenus contained within will only show inside that block area ... start a new row .. will turn a submenu .. into a new row ...

now the content block above all the categories .. that is a menu ... being viewed as a category..but not treated as one .. so it stays outside the main table, always forcing the content to the top

that help any?

Thank you

if you still find yourself struggling with it...just drop me a pm .. I'll do a remote session with you and give you a short tutorial on how to accomplish what your trying to build

Attention All Clients

2.0.3 has been released and addresses the following issues:

• Fixed a small bug in the menu categories when linking to a new page.
  • Reworked the header and primary templates and stylesheets to give the menus a better look

for the better style, please revert any template/style changes and reapply your new colors on the new stylesheets.

I created a primary nav menu and in the menu settings I put in a link url but for some reason even after saving it won't link to the address I inputted. It just opens a blank window. Any idea why that might feature might not be working?

new update out addressing the bug you found

Hi,

i just wanted to install it but after i uploaded all the files and tried to install it via Applications & Modules, i got the following error:

Please correct these errors before attempting to continue:
File does not exist: .../httpdocs/forum/promenu

Also i notice for me the documentation seems to be not working. I get the first site but as soon as i click on a link in the navigation, all text disappears but the new one doesn't.

Thanks

Hi,

Also i notice for me the documentation seems to be not working. I get the first site but as soon as i click on a link in the navigation, all text disappears but the new one doesn't.

Thanks

i added the folder manually and it worked.

Just upgraded to 2.0.4 and now my menus have a white edge to them

post-53287-0-87807000-1335788740.gif

I have re cached but still the same? They look fine under acp preview

Any ideas

not without looking at it personally no

Hi,

Thanks

I would have to say you did not upload the application to your root correctly, or your ftp transfer failed in some fashion

Thanks

the documentation that comes with this application isn't a website, but it is a html page viewed locally on your computer ... if your trying to view it, without the corresponding files/folders you will not receive a proper view

the installation documentation can also be viewed online, available on the demo

Havig some odd issues with this software. Just installed version 2.0.4 on IP.Board 3.3.1

Any menu items that are categories and do not have a url linked and/or point to an application hyperlink to whatever application is selected in settings. Even though Link to IP.Board application is ste to NO. Have recached all skins. Any suggestions?

Here are some screenshots.

%7Boption%7D

%7Boption%7D

%7Boption%7D

%7Boption%7D

%7Boption%7D

Havig some odd issues with this software. Just installed version 2.0.4 on IP.Board 3.3.1

Any menu items that are categories and do not have a url linked and/or point to an application hyperlink to whatever application is selected in settings. Even though Link to IP.Board application is ste to NO. Have recached all skins. Any suggestions?

Here are some screenshots.

[img]

[/img]

[img]

[/img]

[img]

[/img]

[img]

[/img]

[img]

[/img]

seems I missed something when I redesigned the templates .. for now just supply a javascript:void(); or pound sign within the link to URL .. this will resolve your issue until I get a patch released