Invision Community

One more question. When I enable 'Include Others' in the header group, it seems the spot is still reserved in the main navigation bar. I can't get that space to be filled up with navigation content. Any ideas?

Ok I figured out that promore was taking up that space, but now I'm not sure what is causing the blueish color on my site, as well as the texture when a menu is active: www.chaosgc.net. Is it because of the skin?

Hello everyone, been awhile.

to bring up to speed, we will just be continuing this line of promenu for IPS 3.x as is, only bug fixes no new features or anything like that. it is why 3.2.2 wasn't a huge release and some of the features i've showed off in this thread were not included (and also they were mostly lost when my computer went to the silicon heaven).

so i'm here, to ask you guys what you like about 3.x version of promenu and what you didn't like, cause as most of you know IPS 4.0 has been released as alpha, so beta's aren't to far behind and eventually with in the next 6 months i'd say 4.0 golden will be out (don't quote me on that as i have no official word on it, i just have a hunch and being a developer myself more or less a good idea of when something is "golden" :))

IPS 4.0 has some interesting things in it already, like widgets and a new "mobile" menu for responsive, that might conflict with some of the things in promenu 4.0 (like what to do with the other 'bar' style menus on responsive). I know our own "responsive/mobile" menu introduced with promenu 3.2 wasn't wildly popular as a lot of people didn't seem to understand why it was there and there was a nasty bug for awhile that wouldn't allow it to be "disabled".

so i would like to get an idea from our clients what you would like to see kept, what you would like to see go, and if anything what you like to see added. please feel free to contact me here thru a PM, leave a post here, email me codingjungle@gmail.com, or head over to https://provisionists.com, as we have several forms of communication over there as well you can let us know what is on your mind.

I can't promise everything from 3.x being brought over, due to some of the core changes happening in IPS 4.0, just not to sure without getting my hands on the full suite and am able to figure it all out :).

I have my own ideas for promenu 4.0 that i will writing an article about later on provisionists to let you know what they will be (once i confer with robert on what he thinks as well, as this isn't just my project :)).

so again, let us know what you would like to see for promenu 4.0 or just let us know where we screwed up with 3.x :)

Hi,

I have what may be a simple question, but I just can't figure it out!

I have set a primary drop down menu with links, that's working great. But I now want s sub-menu to appear to the right of some of those links and I just can't figure out how to do it.

When I try to add a sub-menu, to say the Bladder section, the links appear under the main link, not to the side as shown.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Simon

Screen Shot 2014-11-20 at 08.51.26.png

Can anyone explain how to upgrade from Promenu basic 3.1.1 to 3.2.2? I have downloaded 3.2.2 but being new to upgrading IPS applications I don't know what to do next. 

CodingJungle's extremely limited documentation only covers installation http://codingjungle.com/tutorials/_/invision-power-services/applications/application-installation-guide-for-ips-3xx-r4 and the other links I have checked do not exist http://demo.provisionists.com/documentation/ or no longer have documentation http://demo.codingjungle.com/index

I guess it might be done through the ACP -> Applications & Modules  -> Manage Applications & Modules -> Check for updates but that shows 0 updates available. Is the Promenu update URL http://provisionists.org/index.php?app=froggy&module=versions&section=versions&app_key=promenu correct?

Very much look forward to finding out how and being able to upgrade.

Can anyone explain how to upgrade from Promenu basic 3.1.1 to 3.2.2? I have downloaded 3.2.2 but being new to upgrading IPS applications I don't know what to do next. 

CodingJungle's extremely limited documentation only covers installation http://codingjungle.com/tutorials/_/invision-power-services/applications/application-installation-guide-for-ips-3xx-r4 and the other links I have checked do not exist http://demo.provisionists.com/documentation/ or no longer have documentation http://demo.codingjungle.com/index

I guess it might be done through the ACP -> Applications & Modules  -> Manage Applications & Modules -> Check for updates but that shows 0 updates available. Is the Promenu update URL http://provisionists.org/index.php?app=froggy&module=versions&section=versions&app_key=promenu correct?

Very much look forward to finding out how and being able to upgrade.

​ProMenu uses the exact same structure for upgrades as IPS. If your in the Applications area and are not seeing an upgrade option, I would have to guess the cause being an improper upload of the products files. Verify that you have uploaded everything correctly, keeping the file structure in tact. I would start with the admin folder, as most ppl change this but forget to do so when uploading files for upgrade/install.

Thanks Robert for your speedy response you were of course right I re-uploaded the files and installed it fine.  I am particularly interested in the new mobile menu and the responsive primary menu which look like really great additions however I have come across some issues.

1. Since upgrading the nexus cart button is moved from the black store bar and now overlays on top of the mobile menu icon, I guess this is a bug?
  2. Is there any way to reposition Sign In and Create Account to the top of the mobile menu? They can be easily missed at the bottom and were prominent at the top on the old mobile menu.
  3. Is there a way to utilise the old mobile menu style after upgrade to 3.2.2?
  4. On the primary menu when 'Default to on mobile device' is mobile style, the mobile style primary menu is always displayed on my ipad3 whatever the value of Mobile Style min width e.g. 800. (I have re-cached and deleted browser cache etc).  It definitely is the primary menu being displayed in its responsive form as my true mobile menu has different menu item. I am hoping for tablets to use the normal primary menu in landscape and collapsed responsive primary menu in portrait. Due you know what the issue might be here?

Many thanks.

Edited by Tricky Nicky

Since upgrading the nexus cart button is moved from the black store bar and now overlays on top of the mobile menu icon, I guess this is a bug?

​Sounds like a style issue to me. Is this the default mobile theme or a third party?

Is there any way to reposition Sign In and Create Account to the top of the mobile menu? They can be easily missed at the bottom and were prominent at the top on the old mobile menu.

​I would be guessing without actually looking, but I would say its quite feasible to manipulate this via the stylesheet

Is there a way to utilise the old mobile menu style after upgrade to 3.2.2?

​You would have to redesign it within the stylesheet manually.

On the primary menu when 'Default to on mobile device' is mobile style, the mobile style primary menu is always displayed on my ipad3 whatever the value of Mobile Style min width e.g. 800. (I have re-cached and deleted browser cache etc).  It definitely is the primary menu being displayed in its responsive form as my true mobile menu has different menu item. I am hoping for tablets to use the normal primary menu in landscape and collapsed responsive primary menu in portrait. Due you know what the issue might be here?

​Set that setting to 0, this will disable this function.

​Sounds like a style issue to me. Is this the default mobile theme or a third party?

​Yes its purely a default IPS installation with default themes.

​Set that setting to 0, this will disable this function.

​I don't quite understand what you mean here maybe it was my explanation so here is hopefully a clearer one. I want the mobile menu to display on mobile phones and the full responsive primary menu to display on desktops and tablets.  The mobile menu is fine and so is the primary menu on the desktop when set to 'mobile style' the responsive primary menu collapses correctly.  The issue I see on an ipad the collapsed primary menu is always displayed whatever the value of Mobile Style min width e.g. 800, 1000, 0. (I have re-cached and deleted browser cache etc).  I am hoping for tablets to use the normal primary menu in landscape and collapsed responsive primary menu in portrait. Do you know why the collapsed mobile style primary menu is always shown on the ipad and whether it can be made to be responsive?

​Another issue I have spotted is icons do not appear on the collapsed primary menu, instead that menu item is just indented which makes the menu look weird.

​Yes its purely a default IPS installation with default themes.

​I don't quite understand what you mean here maybe it was my explanation so here is hopefully a clearer one. I want the mobile menu to display on mobile phones and the full responsive primary menu to display on desktops and tablets.  The mobile menu is fine and so is the primary menu on the desktop when set to 'mobile style' the responsive primary menu collapses correctly.  The issue I see on an ipad the collapsed primary menu is always displayed whatever the value of Mobile Style min width e.g. 800, 1000, 0. (I have re-cached and deleted browser cache etc).  I am hoping for tablets to use the normal primary menu in landscape and collapsed responsive primary menu in portrait. Do you know why the collapsed mobile style primary menu is always shown on the ipad and whether it can be made to be responsive?

​Another issue I have spotted is icons do not appear on the collapsed primary menu, instead that menu item is just indented which makes the menu look weird.

​can you show us a screen cap of the problem for the nexus icon? i'm not sure i understand.

Currently the way it is built, it will always display on anything that is seen as a touch device if "Default to on mobile" is configured to use "Mobile style", the Mobile Style min width is for desktops, the threshold the width of the screen before it is triggered. Currently there is no plans to change or alter this for any future release of promenu 3.x.

It should display the icons, if not then this is a bug that i will look into, as for the offset it does, is to show the menus are "children" of the parent. 

​can you show us a screen cap of the problem for the nexus icon? i'm not sure i understand.

It should display the icons, if not then this is a bug that i will look into, as for the offset it does, is to show the menus are "children" of the parent.

​Sorry for the delay in replying, here is the attached screenshot of nexus icon problem. Are you able to fix this soon as I want to upgrade promenu but I will launching my shop soon so really need this fixed.

One the second issue the primary menu in tablet mode does not display any icons for the menu items. In the second screenshot the home icon should appear for the home menu but it is missing however the menu is offset for it.

Promenu-shopicon-bug.png

Promenu-tabletmenu-icon-bug.png

sorry must not have seen the notification for this thread.

Please use our tracker in the future, http://codingjungle.com/tracker/_/promenu/, to report the bugs. I wasn't able to reproduce the problem with the icons not showing on the mobile, and the nexus icon, you can add this to the promenu_plus.css in your mobile template:

#cart {
   right:150px !important;
}

you can play with it to find the optimal positioning for your needs.

Hello Everyone,

CJ Menu (formerly iMenu, due to a few concerns from a particular fruti company, the name has been  changed), has entered the Release Candidate stages. RC 1 is available to the beta testers on our site and available for purchase from the marketplace. RC 2 will have a upgrade option for those who have Promenu Tables still in there database (this is still in testing, and probably wont go "gold" with the final, but shouldn't take long to work out all of its kinks. Robert and I will begin extensive testing of the upgrade option. As there is a lot of differences between CJ Menu and Promenu, we will make a list of what will and will not be transfered.).

Promenu 2 CJ Menu Upgrade Option:

Promenu Plus 3.x+ clients:

For clients who purchased Promenu Plus 3.x after its launch (not ones who were upgrade free of charge from promenu plus 2.x to 3.x), who are current on their renewals and agree to the renewal terms of $15 every 6 months for CJ Menu, can contact robert or myself (here on IPS or through our contact us on our website, http://codingjungle.com). Let us know what your IPS email is, and that you agree to the renewal terms of CJ Menu, and we will in a timely manner, get you added to the CJ Menu Client list so you are able to download it. 

Promenu Basic clients:

There is no offer for upgrade for Promenu Basic Clients.

We currently have CJ Menu on sale for $25, this sale will last 1 week after the launch of CJ Menu 1.0.0, for any clients that are not eligible for the upgrade option.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact robert or myself (here on IPS or through our contact us form on our website http://codingjungle.com). 

NOTE:

Promenu (plus and basic) will continue to be supported for the lifetime of IPS 3.x. Once IPS 3.x support ends, Promenu's Support will end as well. We will not be adding any new features to ProMenu during this time, we will only be doing general bug fixes and support.

I have ProMenu  v3.2.1 Action! 

Facing difficulty in renaming the sub category of menu will move that sub category to root. Syncing option is checked in setting, but still menu's are not syncing whille renaming the sub forum.

Check http://carnity.com all forums names are different than what is appearing in promenu on top - Forums - Car brands

Please help.

My promenu v3.2.2 Bazinga! is working well in both desktop and mobile.  On the mobile menu however Sign-in and Register account appear as the last items on the menu and are automatically replaced with Sign-out when the user is logged in.  My website is quite extensive and has 15 menu items above them and as a result it is difficult to locate the Sign-in or Sign-out items and when a user is signed in it is not obvious to them that they are.

Is it possible to locate these somehow so they appear under the first menu item which is Home on my website menu (or alternatively at the first item)?

I look forward to hearing from you,

Best regards,

Nick