Content Database URL Redirector

Nuclear General

File Name: Content Database URL Redirector

File Submitter: Nuclear General

File Submitted: 19 Apr 2012

File Category: Content Management

This Is a simple Hook to Easily allow redirection to an external site to occur with a field in any IP.Content Database with a Field key of url_off when said record is accessed with a do request paramater of "visit" ({$record['url']}?do=visit), and said record has this field filled with a valid URL. Will increment the records field with a field key of url_hits if present in the database, else will update view count.
Functionally and Efficiently replaces the Database Callback method.

here to download this file

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I installed and tried following the instructions for my 3.3.4 installation but I'm stuck. I'm finding myself confused with the instructions. Just to be clear what I'm needing (and I believe this is what the mod does right?) - Once the user submits the database entry form, I need them to be directed back to my custom page that shows all entries...not the default IPB version.

Here's what I have done so far (in following the instructions):
1. Created a new field in that database titled url_off
2. Entered the redirect destination url in the "field" key" menu which appear below the "field name" of url_off
3. Made no other changes as I'm not sure what the rest of the instructions mean:
Then, when said field holds a valid URL, and the record is accessed via ?do=visit appended, the user will be redirected to the provided URL, and if a field key of url_hits in the database, Will increment the records field, else will update view count.
Can you help? Thanks!

I installed and tried following the instructions for my 3.3.4 installation but I'm stuck. I'm finding myself confused with the instructions. Just to be clear what I'm needing (and I believe this is what the mod does right?) - Once the user submits the database entry form, I need them to be directed back to my custom page that shows all entries...not the default IPB version.

That is not what this mod does, it effectively allows a links database with stored 'hits' to be created without the plugin files of old, and in no way affects the database submission process, also is meant for user-submitted entries, not a static url.

Archived