Download: Recent Topics Ticker

Enkidu

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we add some sign or someting like this " - " between topics in ticker and how?

I'll add a separator in the next release

Thanks, Enkidu. We're not complaining about this hook, we think it's a really good idea, we would just like to see more options to it to control the ticker. :sweat: Thanks for adding more. :thumbsup:

what else would like?

voted 5 stars...i think i have bought all your mods... keep up the great work, love everything you have done and the support is top notch !!!

QUICK QUESTION :

I want to edit the border color, where can i go in the skin to edit this ??

For that go to your skin and open it. select global template -> topicscroller. You will find the border defined there in the template :)

First question: It's possible to add the ability to add last 5 articles from IPC or last 5 entry's from a database at IPC?

Second question: it's easy to add it to a custom location? I have a custom top menu, where is the code to add it to my div element?

Thanks,
Vitor

First question: It's possible to add the ability to add last 5 articles from IPC or last 5 entry's from a database at IPC?

Second question: it's easy to add it to a custom location? I have a custom top menu, where is the code to add it to my div element?

Thanks,

Vitor

I'm afraid this mod doesn't do IPC articles. Sorry

and since this hook as basically a template hook, it attaches, or hooks, itself to a specific location. There is no way of changing that without having in_dev turned on :)

Enkidu awesome job... 1 thing I would like to see since this is just a Marquee scroll is it to have "Alternate" so it bounces from side to side Or drops down from the top or maybe even do a flicker and have it dynamic cause the scrolling effect is a bit elusive on the eyes...

if it scrolls in from the left once it reaches a certain point have it have a feature to possibly pause it for a few seconds and then continue so you can read it.. Just trying to point out certain idea's that would be great to see.. I know on mouse over it pauses but not alot of people are smart enough to catch onto that lol...

Enkidu awesome job... 1 thing I would like to see since this is just a Marquee scroll is it to have "Alternate" so it bounces from side to side Or drops down from the top or maybe even do a flicker and have it dynamic cause the scrolling effect is a bit elusive on the eyes...

if it scrolls in from the left once it reaches a certain point have it have a feature to possibly pause it for a few seconds and then continue so you can read it.. Just trying to point out certain idea's that would be great to see.. I know on mouse over it pauses but not alot of people are smart enough to catch onto that lol...

thank you

I will add the alternative options although it will get me dizzy once I try to test it :sad:

thank you

I will add the alternative options although it will get me dizzy once I try to test it :sad:

We are all a little dizzy just the scrolling from right to left or other way it bugs the eyes cause it's not smooth... another idea I would like to see is it to pull the recent topics up top it will flash with 1 topic and then fade away then boom there's another one etc.. it's gonna be a bit more streamline and smoother on the eyes just another thought in the back of my mind...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello great hook thanks. :smile: Just one question how do i make it so the marquee is continues so there's no gap between the last and first topics links?

I'm not sure to be honest. Let me research that and get back to you :)
  • 1 month later...

i think adding the option to select which forums to pull from is important. Similar to the shoutbox extender, when topics are made, it only shouts from the forums you have selected. For example, if you have forum sections that are private, you dont want the world to know. Follow me?

and ps...yall were talking about the white lines on the border..what I did was completely remove the color code, which essentially removes a border..i think it looks pretty nice. feel free to take a look how it turned out on my board.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question: I edited the xml file to include a separator between the topics, reinstalled the hook, and it updated perfectly. I decided I wanted a different separator, and bolded the topic title, saved, reinstalled the hook just as I had before, and now it's not updating- instead, it's installing an empty hook. Any idea what the problem is/what the hell I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

Nevermind- I was being an idiot and editing in Notepad instead of Notepad++. *headdesks* Thanks for this mod, it's awesome!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i think adding the option to select which forums to pull from is important. Similar to the shoutbox extender, when topics are made, it only shouts from the forums you have selected. For example, if you have forum sections that are private, you dont want the world to know. Follow me?

and ps...yall were talking about the white lines on the border..what I did was completely remove the color code, which essentially removes a border..i think it looks pretty nice. feel free to take a look how it turned out on my board.

+1

Great hook Enk
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived