maybe you could give us a change log?

Tremault

Each time there is a new version of any application, for me as an admin it is important to know the list of changes or bugs fixed for me to be able to understand what the new version brings about and to decide how urgent the upgrade is and whether we should run it immediately or say within a week. I don't usually find practical to be following the Tracker regularly to become familiar with bugs found by other admins and that's why such a list (of bug fixes when talking about a maintenance release) is a great summary for me to learn issues I might not even be aware of (let's say some hard coded text which I have overlooked and would still keep overlooking it without reading the list of bug fixes).

At present each time there are maintenance releases I have to go to the Tracker and run the filter query to learn what are the fixes or to be lucky when some good soul makes the same and posts it to the forum for others (like the

2nd post

of this thread). I think the list of changes or fixes or a link to such a list would be the little thing which would make it easier for 'many' of us :smile:

Actually for all non-trivial forum, we really need release note for the reason you told. I think even in maintenance release, IPS should say something about the release to inform us of the situation. Important bug fixes list would be nice, and it also show us you are really working on it and we would really improve our site by upgrading.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why send the thread back around in a circle?

Hopefully IPS have checked out this feedback and will consider pasting the tracker results in to their future announcements to save each individual customer having to run a tracker search :)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I must have missed something during the last few months I've been away. We used to be able to generate reports in the Tracker for what was fixed in a specified version of an application. Where are we supposed to go now to generate reports for that kind of thing?

Click your name at the top right, click my content, click resources, click "bug tracker".

Thanks, Brandon, but that's not what I wanted. I want everything...like how it was before. Not just what I have personally submitted to the Tracker.

Well here's everything that was reported in 3.3.4 and fixed in 3.3.5.

http://community.invisionpower.com/resources/bugs.html/_/ip-board/?sort_col=record_updated&sort_order=desc&per_page=25&filters[61][3.3.4]=1&filters[64][Fixed]=1

Here's everything reported in 3.3.4 and still unconfirmed.

http://community.invisionpower.com/resources/bugs.html/_/ip-board/?sort_col=record_updated&sort_order=desc&per_page=25&filters[61][3.3.4]=1&filters[64][Unconfirmed]=1

Here's everything in 3.3.4 and confirmed

http://community.invisionpower.com/resources/bugs.html/_/ip-board/?sort_col=record_updated&sort_order=desc&per_page=25&filters[61][3.3.4]=1&filters[64][Confirmed+-+General]=1&filters[64][Confirmed+-+Skin+Issue]=1&filters[64][Confirmed+-+Minimal+Impact]=1&filters[64][Confirmed%20-%20FAO%20Matt]=1

Wish I knew what the number of the "Fixed In" field was to generate a fixed in 3.3.5 filter.

But you get the idea.

EDIT:

Ok. IPB doesn't like my URLs. Whatever.

Well here's everything that was reported in 3.3.4 and fixed in 3.3.5.

Good lord. What a pain. Thanks for going through all the effort to get that information. I'd still love to know why we don't have the old system back, where it created the reports for us. I found that very easy to use and thought it was a great way to see everything in one area. I'll probably sift through this stuff, eventually. Thanks again.

Good lord. What a pain. Thanks for going through all the effort to get that information. I'd still love to know why we don't have the old system back, where it created the reports for us. I found that very easy to use and thought it was a great way to see everything in one area. I'll probably sift through this stuff, eventually. Thanks again.

Yes, it was a pain! Because the filters actually don't work and I had to make the URLs by typing them in. :D

Read some old threads. It's quite clear why the system was changed. It just works better this way for IPS. Really at the end of the day it's the devs who need to worry about what's in the tracker. If they say this system works better for them then they should use it.

Hey, I like your [s]signature[/s] style.

Thanks. I put lots of effort into it. Like almost two minutes.

You should've seen it when I had the song lyrics in it.

CRAWLING IN MY SKIIIIIN
THIS ORRRRRANGE WILLL NOT PEEEEEEEEL

Except I took each word and made it special colors and sizes and fonts and stuff. Was beautiful.

The strikeout BBCode was changed so it doesn't appear on this forum.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

[intendedstrikethrough]Jerks. My usage of strikethroughs was totally legit. I am filing a lawsuit. [/intendedstrikethrough]

Archived