IP.Chat software can you modify to allow posting of images in chat?

Ford Prefect

While I personely do not have a IP.Board license, the owner of the forum I am a member of does, as well as chat, so he asked me since I am a software engineer if chat could be modified to allow members to post images, and thus I am posting in a feedback forum.

The board owner has access to client areas of the site where product modifications can be requested.. The best you can do is request the feature of IPS for a future release...

Since IP.Chat is an IPS hosted resource, I would doubt a mod can be made to allow this...

• 1 month later...

Moderator is there a reason I can no longer view forums dealing with Chat issues, I get this:

Sorry, you don't have permission for that!

You do not hold a license and are therefore unable to view client only technical support forums.

Directly I do not hold a license, but the forum owner of the forum that I may contribute soon does. These were just few problems he wanted me to work on.

And why in the world would you keep such information hidden anyways. This software creates open communities, virtual communities, so any issues that can be resolved via sharing would be beneficial to all.

Tracker is for reporting bugs. I believe it's open to everyone.

Feedback is open to everyone.

Application support is open to license holders. I would imagine IPS keep it hidden because quite often application modifications are posted there that is part of the service you get with a license. Otherwise everyone with a cracked copy of IPB could come get free support.

I think that's how and why it's set up. You would have to contact an IPS staff member if you want the real answer, if they'll give it to you, or debate why you think it should be different.

The support forums are open to clients with both active and inactive (expired) licenses.

General visitors who have never purchased the software should not often have a need to access technical support - we support the product, we don't provide support for users of individual communities. :) If you are attempting to help someone else who has a license, that person can add you as an "Alternate Contact" in their client area, which will give you access to technical support. This is a fair middle ground to help users in that situation, I believe. Thus, you can get in touch with the forum owner you mentioned and bring this up, and they can opt to give you access from their client area.

Archived