Thank you for constants.php

Michael

Documentation about this new IP.Board 3.3 feature

I'd just like to take a few minutes to give my thanks for this. I frequently have to make changes to my initdata.php file for my production and development boards, and having the option to have this file be read first and not have its constants overwritten by initdata.php makes upgrades so much easier.

For those of you on 3.3 and who ever need to make changes to their initdata.php files (for things like setting the default app, the ACP timeout value, etc.), check out this document and see how you can ensure your customizations will always stick around.

Documentation about this new IP.Board 3.3 feature

I'd just like to take a few minutes to give my thanks for this. I frequently have to make changes to my initdata.php file for my production and development boards, and having the option to have this file be read first and not have its constants overwritten by initdata.php makes upgrades so much easier.

For those of you on 3.3 and who ever need to make changes to their initdata.php files (for things like setting the default app, the ACP timeout value, etc.), check out this document and see how you can ensure your customizations will always stick around.

This ^
It feels so good popping the upgrade, putting a certain app as default and knowing I'm never going to have to do it again on the upgrade... Thank you :) .

I was reading the initdata.php file.. And seeing that it calls for "if its there" constants.php... But I can't file the file anywhere.. Where is the location of this file ?

my IPB current version is 3.3.0, and I want to upgrade to 3.3.1... But cant find the constants.php file

(DOH!!!), Okay I see now, you have to create the file and place it in there.... Guess it helps to read stuff... =x

I was reading the initdata.php file.. And seeing that it calls for "if its there" constants.php... But I can't file the file anywhere.. Where is the location of this file ?

my IPB current version is 3.3.0, and I want to upgrade to 3.3.1... But cant find the constants.php file

you make it at IPB root...... it is not a required file, it is an optional feature, and... what would they put in it? any "default" on these would not be any different than not having the file at all with an un-costumized initdata.php.

you make it at IPB root...... it is not a required file, it is an optional feature, and... what would they put in it? any "default" on these would not be any different than not having the file at all with an un-costumized initdata.php.

yeah, my initdata.php file is customized though... But I did read though the doc about it... so its all good :D

• 1 year later...

Archived