[HQ] MotM - Member of the month

InvisionHQ
Go to solution Solved by InvisionHQ,

Hey @InvisionHQ

I just bought the app and same error, here are some screen shots. If you need anything more let me know. groups that don't have access are Guests, Discharged (No access to site) and Inactive (Only see one forum).

As you can see from mvp1.png I am logged in as another member, but it says he has voted. I am the only one that has actually voted so far as shown in mvp4.png

Hope this is a small fix and my guys were super psyched for this app! :p

mvp.png.6a8b99e30501d9f3c1b23440c43bf588mvp1.thumb.png.75bfaec42835fa6a14216a410mvp2.thumb.png.a6a3680fbf8fcad162222faf4mvp3.thumb.png.94264fad845c5a68cbd0aeea4mvp4.thumb.png.fc982c217193971f1c562e48cmvp5.thumb.png.ec3692b61be8511ba826fb05bmvp6.thumb.png.a13839d51a0ae2ab473c0c93c

I have the problem, where if I try and enable all groups for the election system, the settings will not save - I reported that issue here

You mentioned you were looking into it, I assumed it had been fixed but I still have the same issue.

Does the vote button appear if a member has already been selected as the MoTM or does it only appear when no one has been selected? Ideally I would want this to appear throughout the month, so users can vote at anytime.

I am still fairly new to this app but I just wondered, if we are displaying the MOTM for the previous month, then does that mean we can not vote until the next month?

For example we voted for a MOTM in February, the MOTM for February, so that person is displayed in March but what we would like is to vote in March for the MOTM of March and it be displayed in April if that makes sense?

I don't see how you could vote for a MOTM in the month you're in or it could vary quite a lot depending on what members do each week.

Hope this makes sense :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2016 at 10:17 PM, MadMcardle said:

I am still fairly new to this app but I just wondered, if we are displaying the MOTM for the previous month, then does that mean we can not vote until the next month?

For example we voted for a MOTM in February, the MOTM for February, so that person is displayed in March but what we would like is to vote in March for the MOTM of March and it be displayed in April if that makes sense?

I don't see how you could vote for a MOTM in the month you're in or it could vary quite a lot depending on what members do each week.

Hope this makes sense ^_^

Having this would count me as one more costumer ^_^

From what I've understood we should be able to vote for the past month MOTM. And it will show up in board the last elected MOTM.

Does this currently handles this?

Thanks

Edited by Ivo Pereira

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I tried selecting a new member of the month from the stats page under member of the month and received this error.

UnderflowException: lang_not_exists__mailsub__motm_notification_new_motm (0)
#0 /forum/system/Email/Email.php(323): IPS\_Lang->get('mailsub__motm_n...')
#1 /forum/system/Email/Email.php(559): IPS\_Email->compileSubject(Object(IPS\Member), Object(IPS\Lang))
#2 /forum/system/Notification/Notification.php(484): IPS\_Email->mergeAndSend(Array, NULL, NULL, Array, Object(IPS\Lang))
#3 /forum/system/Notification/Notification.php(465): IPS\_Notification->sendEmails(Array, Array)
#4 /forum/applications/motm/modules/admin/dashboard/main.php(299): IPS\_Notification->send()
#5 [internal function]: IPS\motm\modules\admin\dashboard\_main->form()
#6 /forum/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): call_user_func(Array)
#7 /forum/applications/motm/modules/admin/dashboard/main.php(27): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#8 /forum/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\motm\modules\admin\dashboard\_main->execute()
#9 /forum/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#10 {main}

• 1 month later...

very nice but is it possible to do it like this with this app?

Example

• In entire July, member vote for MOTM.
  • 1st August, member with most votes gets picked as MOTM and gets showcased entire August as MOTM For July 2016.
  • Then entire august, motm for august is waiting to get picked, then 1st september motm of august gets showcased.. and so on.

Nice app, but in found a bug in Awards section of Admin CP.

If you copy an award, edit the copy and save. Award is not visible until you edit permissions (same as original) and save.

In addition, number of awarded members is the same as original until you award a member with the copy (number seems to be recounted with this action). If you click on the number of the award copy, anyone is shown, normal as no member was awarded with the copy, but the couner is the same as the original.

After updating on latest version:

[[Template motm/front/widgets/motmw1 does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A second widget was added, needed to delete old and replace by the new. Strange

Edited by JiigSaaw

Nice app, but in found a bug in Awards section of Admin CP.

Sorry but what "Awards section"?

A second widget was added, needed to delete old and replace by the new. Strange

This is normal, I change widget name to follow IPB directives, then the old one can be deleted.

On 21/07/2016 at 6:18 AM, InvisionHQ said:

This is normal, I change widget name to follow IPB directives, then the old one can be deleted.

Could be better to add a delete routine to upgrade script ? As old is not functional, but is displayed with the new as a widget for sidebar.

Solved by deleting motmw1.php under app/motm/widgets :thumbsup: