Tutorials

Adriano Faria

One little suggestion.

Some users take some extra time to write the tutorial or even 2-3 days. Would it be possible to add something called 'Save as Draft' like the one in Blogs? So they can keep writing on same tutorial and once they feel it's ready for submission, they can hit submit?

Thanks!

There is the ability to let members submit their tutorials in Pending status, that's what I intended that setting be used for.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Check the group settings and see if your group is allowed to create tutorials in Pending status.

In the Member Groups > Manage User Groups > Tutorials section? I don't see anything about Pending status either, and I have every single option set to "Yes" as Admin.

Is hidden the same as pending in this case?

Problem please Michael can you help, trying to upgrade.

mySQL query error: ALTER TABLE ibf_members ADD tutorials_articles smallint(5) NULL

SQL error: Duplicate column name 'tutorials_articles'

SQL error code: 1060

Date: Tuesday 22nd March 2011 01:49:19 AM

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 01:49:19 +0000

Error: 1060 - Duplicate column name 'tutorials_articles'

IP Address: 94.168.27.254 - /Invision/admin/upgrade/index.php?app=upgrade&section=upgrade&do=appclass

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mySQL query error: ALTER TABLE ibf_members ADD tutorials_articles smallint(5) NULL

.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.

| File                                                                   	| Function                                                                  	| Line No.      	|

|----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------|

| admin/applications_addon/other/tutorials/setup/versions/upg_12004/version_upgrade.php| [db_main_mysql].addField                                                  	| 38            	|

'----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------'

| admin/setup/applications/upgrade/sections/upgrade.php                  	| [version_upgrade].doExecute                                               	| 403           	|

'----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------'

| admin/setup/applications/upgrade/sections/upgrade.php                  	| [upgrade_upgrade].install_appclass                                        	| 148           	|

| admin/setup/sources/base/ipsController_setup.php                       	| [upgrade_upgrade].doExecute                                               	| 256           	|

At what point do you get that, during an upgrade? If so, try to run this query from the SQL Toolbox or phpMyAdmin and then try to continue the upgrade (should theoretically be able to just refresh the page at that error message to continue).

ALTER TABLE ibf_members DROP tutorials_articles;

Hey Michael, wondering about something.

<if test="hasTableOfContents:|:count( $article['index'] )">

<script language="JavaScript">

<!-- 

function goToURL(form)

{

var myindex=form.dropdownmenu.selectedIndex

if(!myindex=="")

{

window.location.href=form.dropdownmenu.options[myindex].value;

}

}

//-->

</script>

<form name="Go to Chapter...">

<select name="dropdownmenu" size=1 onChange="goToURL(this.form)">

<option selected value="">

Go to Chapter...

<foreach loop="contentPage:$article['index'] as $page">

<option value="{parse url="article={$article['a_id']}&amp;_st={$page['key']}" base="publicWithApp" seotitle="{$article['a_name_seo']}" template="article"}">

<if test="onCurrentPageStart:|:$page['selected']"><strong></if>{$page['real_no']}. {$page['text']}<if test="onCurrentPageEnd:|:$page['selected']"></strong></if>

</foreach>

</select></form>

I made a drop down listing for the 'chapters' I was wondering if there's a way to get it to display the current chapter in the bar?

I am using this for a Plant Guide. Much of the info can be created by giving a set of custom fields with dropdowns and a few options.

Is it possible to make it so that the added custom fields display above the "Author" line in the tutorial info. I don't really need to add anything to the tutorial info, but would like to use the custom fields to create a set of fields pertinent to the tutorial.

I would also like to explore other tweaks to the layout. Ideally, I would like an image block (top left), the custom fields in the right hand column, and a text box below the image block. I can easily format each entry like this if I can arrange the custom fields as above. But, it could be a real timesaver to be able to post pics directly to one block and type a synopsis in a text box, saving some formatting of each post.

I have IP Content, but as you may know, I am not very code capable. I can follow instructions pretty well, and no one does copy pasta better than me. :P

Thanks. Awesome mod!

I really only give support similar to the way IPS supports their products: I will help you make the product work the way it's designed, if you want to customize the look or functionality of it, that's up to you. I can tell you where the code for those custom fields is at if that will help you. It's in the skin_tutorials_display -> viewArticle skin template, right here:

<if test="articleCustomFields:|:count( $article['custom_fields'] )">

<foreach loop="cfields:$article['custom_fields'] as $data">

<li>

<strong class="title">{$data['title']}:</strong>

{$data['data']}

</li>

</foreach>

</if>

I somehow muddled my way to getting the custom fields set up the way I want them. :) <thanks>

Next question, since this is a plant guide, I would like it to be sorted alphabetically within the categories to make it easily browsed. I will be submitting these pretty randomly though. Is it going to be possible to display these in alphabetical order to all users as the default display? Or do they default to chronological order?

Archived