Tutorials

Adriano Faria

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm trying to edit a tutorial and I keep getting this error
Fatal error: Cannot access protected property classPost::$edit_title in /home/thesig5/public_html/forums/admin/applications_addon/other/tutorials/sources/classes/globalLibrary.php on line 487

and sometimes the tutorial switches to raw html. Wierd

I'm trying to edit a tutorial and I keep getting this error

Fatal error: Cannot access protected property classPost::$edit_title in /home/thesig5/public_html/forums/admin/applications_addon/other/tutorials/sources/classes/globalLibrary.php on line 487

and sometimes the tutorial switches to raw html. Wierd

That was a bug patched in version 1.1.2:

http://invisionfocus.com/tracker/issue-221-error-when-editing-a-tutorial/

Great! ^_^ I can make a few more if you like. You can include any/all with the app.

Those should be fine, I'll probably just pick one and include it in the next version.

Did you upload the images to each skin folder you have? The application has a /public/style_images/master/tutorials/ folder with the images this app uses, that 'tutorials' folder needs uploaded to each subfolder in /public/style_images/ that is being used by a skin on your site. So if you had other folders besides /master/ in /public/style_images/, you'd need to upload the /tutorials/ folder into each of those too.

well i was PM'g Michael about a problem i have and he told me to post in this thread so other members can maybe solve their problems if they have the same issue .
my problem as of now is:

i dont have the setting "Require approval of comments" under Admin CP -> My Apps -> Tutorials -> Tutorials Settings

what can i do without losing all the tuts on my Tut application
Thanks in advance

i have fixed my issue guys
somehow my IM Tutorials version was 1.1.2
upgraded to 1.2 and all is good now regarding that issue

but after upgrading now i get this error
Fatal error: Call to undefined method comments_tutorials_articles::reputation_typeName() in /home/hhbiz/public_html/forum/HHadministrator/sources/classes/comments/bootstrap.php on line 347

when i try to see a tutorial

i tried commenting thatline of code but i got several others always related to reputation

let me tell what i commented to make it work

line 189/199

$data['_app'] = $this->reputation_appName();

$data['_reptype'] = $this->reputation_typeName();

line343/354

* Reputation system enabled? */

if ( $this->settings['reputation_enabled'] )

{

* Add the join to figure out if the user has already rated the post */

$_post_joins[] = $this->registry->repCache->getUserHasRatedJoin( $this->reputation_typeName(), 'c.' . $_remap['comment_id'], $this->reputation_appName() );

* Add the join to figure out the total ratings for each post */

if( $this->settings['reputation_show_content'] )

{

$_post_joins[] = $this->registry->repCache->getTotalRatingJoin( $this->reputation_typeName(), 'c.' . $_remap['comment_id'], $this->reputation_appName() );

}

}

What version of IP.Board do you have? Do you have other IPS applications (Blog, Gallery, Downloads, Content, etc.)? If so, what versions do you have of those?

I cannot find anything in this file that should be calling on a function like reputation_appName or reputation_typeName, but an older version of one of those apps might have had functions named that. Personally, what I would recommend, is that you be sure you have the latest version of every IPS application that you have a license for.

I bought this script - It's awesome! However, I have two problems that I can't solve.

First one: How could I change the category of the existing article/tutorial? When I edit an existing tutorial in full editor, after selecting a different category from drop down list I get [# 10TUT064] error when I save my changes.

Second one: When I click on Make Tutorial from post button this takes me to "add new tutorial" area, but all newline characters of that post are turned into <br /> in the editor. Is this normal?

First one: How could I change the category of the existing article/tutorial? When I edit an existing tutorial in full editor, after selecting a different category from drop down list I get [# 10TUT064] error when I save my changes.

Try this. Open /admin/applications_addon/other/tutorials/sources/post.php and find this code:

/* Check for a tutorial ID */

if ( !$this->getTutorialID() || !$this->getTutorialData('a_id') || $this->getCategoryID() != $this->getTutorialData('a_cat') )

{

throw new Exception( 'article_no_exist', 10999064 );

}

Change it to this:

/* Check for a tutorial ID */

if ( !$this->getTutorialID() || !$this->getTutorialData('a_id') || !$this->getCategoryID() )

{

throw new Exception( 'article_no_exist', 10999064 );

}

Save and upload. I hadn't encountered this issue myself, but I can see now that it would be a problem. This will be changed in the next version, as I'm redoing how you select which category a tutorial will go in.

Second one: When I click on Make Tutorial from post button this takes me to "add new tutorial" area, but all newline characters of that post are turned into <br /> in the editor. Is this normal?

Which type of editor are you using, the standard, or rich text one? Did the original post have HTML enabled? If so, what was the HTML mode?

What version of IP.Board do you have? Do you have other IPS applications (Blog, Gallery, Downloads, Content, etc.)? If so, what versions do you have of those?

I cannot find anything in this file that should be calling on a function like reputation_appName or reputation_typeName, but an older version of one of those apps might have had functions named that. Personally, what I would recommend, is that you be sure you have the latest version of every IPS application that you have a license for.

nope nothing
just IPB

Go re-download IP.Board from the Client Area and get a fresh copy of that /admin/sources/classes/comments/bootstrap.php file, then upload it to the appropriate area on your site. That file is different from what you have, what is out there right now is the correct version of this file.

Archived