Community

I've never said that was something that would be added to the product. It is something that has been suggested and is under consideration:

http://invisionfocus.com/tracker/issue-669-icons-into-categories/

As I say in that report, and status changes on that particular suggestion will be posted in that report.

Are you even considering it anymore or planning to add it at all?

Until the status of that report changes from Under Consideration to something else, you can be assured that it is still Under Consideration.

Again, I've stated in that particular report, and in the post you just quoted, if and when the status of that report changes, the report will indicate that change. So you need to be keeping your eyes on that report if you want to know what's going on with it.

Hello Michael,
I just bought tutorials but I have a problem sending the file system does not appear.
I BBCode well but I did not "Attach Files"
Please show how to do?
Thanks ;)
———————————————————————
SORRY :smile:

Under Other Apps -> Tutorials in your Admin CP, on the main Tutorials Overview page, there will be a box in the lower right for group permissions. Edit each group and set their 'Attachment Permissions' settings to permit them to upload into this app.

About to pull the trigger on this mod, but there seems to be a glaring omission. No similar tutorials (unless it works with >Marcher's similar topics)? Or "other tutorials you may be interested in..." (like IP.Downloads)? Great for user experience and SEO.

Looks like it's already under consideration, but an appearance more similar to IP.Downloads would be welcomed.

I have an tutorial with over 50 images so how would I even post this? It says too many images and I personally do not want to change the # of images posted per post b/c that would affect my whole board.

I have an tutorial with over 50 images so how would I even post this? It says too many images and I personally do not want to change the # of images posted per post b/c that would affect my whole board.

If i chose to hide the tutorial I can't unhide it. what am I doing wrong? permissions are set right.

Weird. The app doesn't restrict posting by number of images. See a tuto I just made with 94 images.

I can approve/unapprove it with no problem.

hmm that is weird. I have no approve button anywhere. Can you take a look at it?

You need to set your user or your group as moderator of the category and enable the option Can accept user submitted tutorials?. Go to Categories and click on Add Moderator button.

This will add the APPROVE/UNAPPROVE button on tutorial view.

Try this first, please.

I'm having an issue where the Application Title isn't showing up properly in the Navigation. I've named "Tutorials" to "Guides" on my website.

It's supposed to go: Forum Title -> Guides -> Category -> etc.

But in the above, "Guides" is just blank... you can see what I'm talking about by going to this link:http://7tuned.com/guides/category/1-general-rx-7/

Secondly, the "Submit New Article" button isn't appearing properly, there are no words in the button... same goes for when you're logged off as a Guest, it doesn't say "You cannot submit a new Tutorial", it's just a blank button.

Hi Ericsworld.

Gone to your board and I see you managed to change the tab name to Guides.

Please, proceed with a RECACHE SKIN on your board. I tried to change the skin to see the problem (I don't see much in dark skins :) ) but it's showing a very known error of IP.Board.

I recached all of my board's skins, but no dice unfortunately. The navigation is still missing Guides and the Add New Tutorial button is still blank. Here's a screenshot:

post-71095-0-14912200-1389295730_thumb.p

The only files I modifed were the public and admin lang pack XMLs and the FURLtemplate. And in the Admin CP, I obviously changed the application's title from Tutorials to "Guides".

I modified the FURLTemplate XML in the extensions folder.

I'm requesting you to undo the edits you made and test the app. It works fine. See a fresh install of the app: http://www.screencast.com/t/kFWKkwRw

If you pay attention, you'll notice that all occurrences of word TUTORIALS was replaced for nothing, because of your edit. Follow the yellow arrows:

SOS-1389307301-U1.png' alt='' class='ips" alt="SOS-1389307301-U1.png">

See a regular installation of the app:

SOS-1389307398-U1.png

Also, the support doesn't include modified files. The app has to be as it is.

I will release in a few days a new version where will change in breadcrumbs the word TUTORIALS for the word you enter on Application Public Title, just like I showed on my video.

Where exactly in the Admin CP can I change those language bits?

I think my issue is definitely with the public_tutorials_language_pack.xml which I modified. I replaced it with the original file but no changes are taking place. I tried recaching all the apps and rebuilding all the skins to no avail. I even deleted this file entirely and it made no difference... It sounds like the old xml is cached somewhere or is not being updated...? Am I missing something here?

Hmmm... I will revert back the lang pack XML files later tonight and update back.

Looking forward to the update. This is a very useful application, but not everyone wants it to be called "Tutorials" :smile:

If you do update the furl template, you must make sure that you rebuild furl.

I used to run it just fine and mine was called 'info'.

Obviously the developer can't support modifications to files, but it is possible and mine was quite heavily tweaked.

If you do make changes, always be prepared to revert them for support.

If you change the XML, you need to reinstall the app. It runs only on app install.

To change after app install, go to Look & Feel -> Manage Languages. Click on your language link and then search for the term you want.

Ouch... is there anyway I can uninstall and reinstall the app while retaining all of my settings, categories, and content? I've already made quite a few tutorials and it would suck to have to redo everything from scratch again.

^Ignore the above post...

I backed up my entire IPB MySQL database, uninstalled the app, reinstalled, and restored the database. The problem I was having previously with the missing texts was definitely related to my prior modifications of the public_language_pack XML file. All fields are now working properly :)

What's New in Version 1.5.3:

• Application breadcrumb tied to Application Public Title (Admin CP)
  • New global hook to warn moderators about queued tutorials and comments, for those who doesn't want to use 'Queued Items' hook
  • Minor enhancements on 'Advanced Statistics' page
  • Advanced Statistics link restored to index page
  • Fix compatibility with 'Track Members' (tutorials search)
  • Fix compatibility with 'Queued Items' hook

You also can report bugs in our Bug Tracker: http://forum.sosinvi...php?app=tracker

For those who wants to test the application, go to SOS Invision and use the credentials:

You have moderator rights on this category. The board has English but the application is translated. Due to IP.Board limitation on app translations, can't use English on Tutorials 'cause this is my live board.