Community

How do I manually uninstall Tutorials? When I try using Applications & Modules > Remove Applications > Click here to remove this application I get "cannot find plugin tutorials" message.

Thx!

Make sure you uploaded all of the files that were included in this app, I'm not sure which plugin the message is referring to, I don't believe that's my app generating that message.

Again, I need to know if there are any javascript errors on the page. When you try and delete a category, it should be popping up a message box asking you to confirm, are you not getting that?

It looks like you are using a Russian translation of the application, do you get this problem when you use English instead? My guess is that this is actually a problem with the language string it is trying to load on that message box popup. If this works for you when your language is English, but not when it is Russian, then you need to report this issue to whoever created that Russian translation for you.

If it's not giving you the popup, then the Russian translation is not OK, not for this text that it is failing to popup for you, anyway. If you are able to delete a category when your language is English, but not Russian, then you need to address this issue with the maker of the Russian translation of this app.

Every IP.Board application has a file called furlTemplates.php in its /extensions directory for establishing the Friendly URLs it uses. If you want to change the FURLs of an app, you need to edit the code in that file and then rebuild your FURL cache.

I'd like to change the FURLs of this app to www.mysite.com/stories (instead of www.mysite.com/tutorials). If I change all the instances of the word "tutorials" to "stories" in the furlTemplates.php file, then rebuild the FURL cache, should that do the trick?

Or is something else needed?

That should work for most of the Friendly URLs, yes, but there will still be times where the URLs come up as ...app=tutorials&module=..., that's not something that can be changed.

Note that easier changing of these Friendly URLs is a feature I plan on putting into the update of this app for 4.0 (provided IPS doesn't already have a way they'll do that for all apps).

I can't reproduce this problem on my site.

Try to see if you can go to the Other Apps -> Tutorials -> Categories page, edit a category, and set the permissions there. Another thing you may want to try is to switch to the English language and see if that changes anything, there was someone earlier who had an issue that I believe I'd narrowed down to it being something with the Russian translation of this app they were using.

Out of the blue my IP.Content feed block stopped working. It just waits, waits, nothing happens and timeouts. I couldn't recache it, I couldn't recreate it.

Can you help me troubleshoot that? Only change I did today was that I added about 100 acronyms in IP.Board, but I don't see how it is related...I might try to delete them to see if that solves the problem, but making them was quite a bit of work.

I don't know what I could tell you about that. If it's timing out, and not just returning a database error, then that's more of an issue you need to discuss with your host.

Just deleted all the acronyms I did, there goes one afternoon of work...

Problem dissapeared after that, so it is definitely something connected with them. I am more likely to blame it on the way IPB parses acronyms, probably a lot of them are not good for the speed of the site.

Thanks anyway.

If it was related to these acronyms then you likely would have had these issues other places in your site. The plugin for this app for IP.Content feed blocks does not do anything special with acronyms, but it does load the standard IP.Board parsing routines which will load custom bbcodes. So you may have had similar issues anywhere any parsing is done.

Very quick question, maybe I am blind or stupid or both.

I noticed that guests cannot view comments on tutorials. I have allowed the Guest group in Manage Member Groups to view comments. Is there anything else that needs to be done? In the per category permission, there is no setting for view comments, only for submit comments.

They have to have that 'Add Comments' permission to access the comments section at all. You can then refine their specific comment permissions in their group settings to let them only view and not actually add comments. Sorry, that does appear to be confusing.

They have to have that 'Add Comments' permission to access the comments section at all. You can then refine their specific comment permissions in their group settings to let them only view and not actually add comments. Sorry, that does appear to be confusing.

All good now, thanks.