Tutorials

Adriano Faria

Hello,

With ipb3.0.5 there are such errors:
- advanced search button generates message "
Fatal error: Call to a member function tutorialsAdvancedSearchFilters() on a non-object in /admin/applications_addon/other/tutorials/extensions/searchDisplay.php on line 65
"

- no possiblity to remove this app in acp (database error notice)

- even with granted user permission no possible to use tutorials (notice: error in db)

how to completely remove im tutorials?

tks
mario

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Either after the column "views", or call views "stats", and display replies at the top of the row, and views at the bottom of the row like the traditional IPB layout. For example, take a look here to get an idea of the layout I am describing.

Another Suggestion:

Uploading images to a users own "tutorial image folder" which would be different from the usual IPB attachments system. I ask for this, because embedding images using the %7Boption%7D tag within certain parts of a tutorial would be very desirable. The ability to resize images within a document would also be welcomed.

Do you think you could add this feature?

You can't use the img tag on attachments...I tried. Or am I doing something wrong?

That's true, but you can use it for images that can be liked to, or you could attach images and place them in the article. Can you describe what it is you're trying to do exactly that these methods won't achieve?

Michael is their anyway that if someone submits tutorial he get's contributor rank on forum in his profile, like it's here for those who submit in downloads?

%7Boption%7D

Thanks.

You might be able to make a hook that would do this. Or maybe I could add a feature into a future version that would achieve that?

You might be able to make a hook that would do this.

Sorry, I am not that intelligent in php/SQL coding domain.

Or maybe I could add a feature into a future version that would achieve that?

Yes please. Thank you very much! :)

That's true, but you can use it for images that can be liked to, or you could attach images and place them in the article. Can you describe what it is you're trying to do exactly that these methods won't achieve?

Well, it would be nice to "see" the images within the article. We conduct masterclasses on my music composition forum, so it would be desirable to discuss a point, and present the image as a caption within the article. Thus, image placement is important.

Yes please. Thank you very much! :)

OK, added this to my feature suggestions list.

Well, it would be nice to "see" the images within the article. We conduct masterclasses on my music composition forum, so it would be desirable to discuss a point, and present the image as a caption within the article. Thus, image placement is important.

You can see images within an article, either by using the %7Boption%7D tag where you want it, or by attaching an image to the tutorial and placing the attachment where you want it.

Here's a random article from my site that has an image attached:

http://forums.codersrefuge.com/tutorials/article/45-adding-back-the-ipbwrapper-to-get-control-of-your-board-again/

You'll note it is placed between existing sections of text, you just need to attach the image file and click the add to post link to add the attachment where you want it added. There's also settings in the Admin CP for this app that will make it so thumbnails aren't created if you'd prefer the full image be shown.

• 1 month later...

Archived