Tutorials

Adriano Faria

It's a great app although I have two niggles.

1. Despite having the member group set to be able to edit their own comments, It tells them they don't have permission.
2. When using the convert topic tool, it would be good if the replies could be converted to comments. Re-posting pages of replies into a tutorial is not fun.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

error when recaching
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 18:23:40 +0000
Error: 1054 - Unknown column 'a_deleted' in 'where clause'
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX - /forum/ISadmin/index.php?adsess=42de3088984da7ecd54a292a52dc2446&app=core&&&module=tools&section=cache&&do=cache_update_all_process&id=45
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mySQL query error: SELECT a.a_id, a.a_name, a.a_name_seo, a.a_date,m.member_id, m.members_display_name, m.member_group_id, m.members_seo_name FROM tutorials_articles a LEFT JOIN members m ON ( m.member_id=a.a_mid ) WHERE a_approved=1 AND a_deleted=0 AND a.a_cat=11 ORDER BY a.a_date DESC
.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
| File | Function | Line No. |
|----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------|
| ISadmin/sources/base/ipsRegistry.php | [categories].rebuildCategoryCache | 3285 |
'----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------'
| ISadmin/applications/core/modules_admin/tools/cache.php | [ips_CacheRegistry].rebuildCache | 265 |
'----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------'
| ISadmin/applications/core/modules_admin/tools/cache.php | [admin_core_tools_cache].cacheUpdateAllProcess | 103 |
| ISadmin/sources/base/ipsController.php | [admin_core_tools_cache].doExecute | 302 |

yeah it worked.
after made it there i just had to upgrade to new version and fix the permissions that were messed up due to the fact that i dont have same member groups on new board.
just a quick question though that you might have an answer for.
obviously members that created those tuts are not on my new board.
any way i can replace the existing creators name and id to a new member? cause for now they show as guest_ (which is waht is set on IPB settings for non existing members)
any query or script that can use to do that?
dont feel like editing 700 tutorials and replace tut creator.
im asking cause TUts app does allow specific groups to create tutorials under another names/members so there might be a way to do this instead of just edit every single tut manually on board or through DB tables
Cause editing with full editor on board it givis me this error "[#10TUT001] We were unable to load the tutorial author array "
and thanks Michael btw

You could change them all at once to an individual member using a single query:

UPDATE tutorials_articles SET a_mid=X;

Replace X with the ID# of the member who should be the author. That will change every tutorial in the system to be authored by the same person, though, there's no built-in way to change every tutorial to someone different.

Hi,

Can this application follow the same behavior as depicted on IP.Downloads?

When posting a tutorial, create a new topic with the full content of the tutorial instead of just a link?

And then update the auto-generated topic whenever changes are done from the Tutorials application. Of for simplicity sake, let the tutorial content be based directly on the forum post.

For the record, I see no risk in having double content penalties:
- This is already in practice at IP.Downloads
- This is already in practice at Youtube

With my regards.

That's not the same behavior used in IP.Downloads. The real 'content' of the submission in IP.Downloads is the file that you download. In this app, it's the tutorial text. The support topic in both apps is intended to be a place separate from the main content where the submission can be discussed.

If you want the full content of the tutorial on your forums, then why even use this app? Just post them as topics.

Hello,

What I ask is to:
a) Provide a tag on the template that adds the content
b) If possible, an admin setting to refresh generated topics after each author edit (when only bbcode is allowed)

Over 8 years of existence of my community, many portals and apps have been added and gone. They get broken with new forum versions, not used or simply deactivated because of security issues. The only constant on this equation is the forum.

I want to use this app, I don't want user generated content to depend exclusively on this app. I prefer to have tutorial content automatically available on both sides.

My request on a) assures that I can safely disable this app one day without losses of content. I ask for a content tag added on the template as option, next to the ones already available today (link, author, etc).

With my best regards.

I've just released a new update to this app. Bugs fixed in this version include:

And new features in this version include:

Plus a nice little Easter Egg. ;)

As always, feel free to use the Tracker to report bugs and suggest new features, and post here for support issues. :)

hi Michael as you know already im getting this error when pressing "Make Tutorial" out of a topic/post

========================================
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2012 23:19:56 +0000
Error: 1054 - Unknown column 't.description' in 'field list'
IP Address: XXXXXXXXXX - /forum/index.php?app=tutorials&module=post&section=submit&do=copy_post&pid=145&a_cat=3
mySQL query error: SELECT p.author_id, p.post, p.post_htmlstate,t.title, t.description, t.forum_id,m.members_display_name FROM posts p LEFT JOIN topics t ON ( t.tid=p.topic_id )
LEFT JOIN members m ON ( m.member_id=p.author_id ) WHERE p.pid=145
.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
| File | Function | Line No. |
|----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------|
| ISadmin/applications_addon/other/tutorials/sources/post.php | .copyPostSetUp | 237 |
| ISadmin/applications_addon/other/tutorials/sources/post.php | ._displayForm | 193 |
| ISadmin/applications_addon/other/tutorials/modules_public/post/submit.php | .showTutorialForm | 174 |
| ISadmin/applications_addon/other/tutorials/modules_public/post/submit.php | [public_tutorials_post_submit].showForm | 110 |
| ISadmin/sources/base/ipsController.php | [public_tutorials_post_submit].doExecute | 302 |

Aha, found it. Open /admin/applications_addon/other/tutorials/sources/post.php, find this line:

'add_join' => array( 0 => array( 'select' => 't.title, t.description, t.forum_id',

Change it to this:

'add_join' => array( 0 => array( 'select' => 't.title, t.forum_id',

Save and upload.