Kolor

connorhawke

Kolor

Kolor is a fest of colors - any color you choose! Elegant contours pervade a chameleon body that is fully and instantly alterable via a simple front-end UI, that can change everything from the background gradient to the style of the glass wrapper. Let your users instantly swap colors and glass styles on the fly, or reset to the default scheme with one click. Check out the ultra-smooth effects in transition-supporting browsers, such as Chrome. A Readability Mode is included!

Ultra-compatible, thanks to the use of an overriding CSS and zero direct edits to default templates.

Nice looking skin. Is there a way to increase the width of the skin? I can't figure out how to do it. I want it to be a fixed width. I am a newb lol

The skin is already fixed, as a result of a preset non-percentage width value, although it might become narrower to compensate for certain browser window sizes. As for changing the width of the skin, the rough steps can be found here:

http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/359460-download-hex/#entry2246260

For Kolor specifically, changing the 'width' and 'min-width' values on the /*|SIZE|*/ line of the css sheet mentioned in the link above should do it.

In the future I plan to make it easier to change the width and various other settings.

Hope that helps. :)

Just wanted to mention this is an awsome skin!!! :)

A few things I want to mention though..

The outer border doesnt show on Internet Explorer 9

Also.. the color chooser input field overlaps the messenger icon when signed in! The color input field needs to be moved to the left some more!!

I had also noticed that the username and password input field borders are highlighted in orange when typing in these fields on Google Chrome but they dont have the orange highlight in Firefox 11 or Internet Explorer 9..

If I find any other bugs, I will post them!!!

Just curious, I installed this theme on my site but I dont see the outer border like whats shown in your screenshots!?!

The border shows up in Firefox 11 and Google Chrome but not Internet Explorer 9 and I have the default color set as #000000 but yet the background shows up white in Google Chrome by default!?!

I seem to get different results viewing this skin on each browser but its a fantastic skin otherwise!!! :)

IE9 doesn't support CSS3 border-images. All other major browsers do. The skin is still okay on IE9, just without the pretty glass contours. As I normally don't support implementing crazy hacks to get a skin looking the same for one outdated browser when it works fine for the other browsers, especially if it's something that's not critical to the skin, my initial proposed resolution is to wait for IE to catch up, and it should soon.

The default html/body background-color loaded by the main CSS before the relevant JavaScript kicks in is transparent, which shows up as white if there's nothing underneath. So if you've set the defaultColor to #000000, chances are that something is awry with the JavaScript loading. For the time being, it's recommended that "Load javascript files from Google" and "Minify CSS and JS" are both set to No (you can search for those settings in the ACP Live Search). If you've set those to No but it's still showing up odd, please let me know.

Replying to the new reports in your updated post:

Just wanted to mention this is an awsome skin!!! :)

A few things I want to mention though..

The outer border doesnt show on Internet Explorer 9

Also.. the color chooser input field overlaps the messenger icon when signed in! The color input field needs to be moved to the left some more!!

I had also noticed that the username and password input field borders are highlighted in orange when typing in these fields on Google Chrome but they dont have the orange highlight in Firefox 11 or Internet Explorer 9..

If I find any other bugs, I will post them!!!

Good point about the color selector. I should have tested it with longer usernames. I'll fix this for i.3, which should be out relatively soon. If you wish to implement an immediate fix in the meantime, then please edit the margin-left value in #inputColor at the top of the globalTemplate. Sorry about the inconvenience.

The orange highlight is a strange default feature of Chrome, but there should be a way to eliminate it using simple CSS, which I would officially implement for i.3. :)

I really appreciate the bug reports, as they help me to track down the issues that I may have missed or not realized. Keep sending them in!

Thanks for replying back!!! Ive always ran into design issues with IE9 so its no surprise lol!! Everything always looks better in other browsers so hopefully the next IE version will correct these issues!?!

Can I recommend that the color input be moved to another part of the skin maybe? I have one mod I use called TB Moods which places an icon next to the messenger and notifications icons which would cause more overlapping even though as you mentioned editing the margin-left value would also do the trick but I thought Id suggest it anyway!?!

Thanks for replying back!!! Ive always ran into design issues with IE9 so its no surprise lol!! Everything always looks better in other browsers so hopefully the next IE version will correct these issues!?!

Can I recommend that the color input be moved to another part of the skin maybe? I have one mod I use called TB Moods which places an icon next to the messenger and notifications icons which would cause more overlapping even though as you mentioned editing the margin-left value would also do the trick but I thought Id suggest it anyway!?!

I was actually thinking of moving the color input for the next version, due to overlapping being more likely there and whatnot. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived