Dark Set

connorhawke

Dark Set

The Dark Set includes two skins. Dark Matter is a revamp of Bloody Darkness, back in full force on IP.Board and components. Feel the dark energy emanate from this assault of black and red. Dark Energy is a professional, orange alternative to Dark Matter.

Ultra-compatible, thanks to the use of an overriding CSS and zero direct edits to default templates.

• Submitter
    Con
  • Submitted
    03/25/2012
  • Category
  • Supported Versions

• 3 weeks later...

Seems like the way to modify the css is different with this skin. How can we modify it?

Please head to Admin CP > Look & Feel [Tab] > Look & Feel > Manage Skin Sets & Templates > Manage Templates in [Skin] > CSS [Tab] > css.css.

A new version will be released soon that places settings that are likelier to be modified in a more accessible area.

Alright, I found them... I did goto your site, but that skin color is tough to read anything.. But either way I found the fonts folder and got them... Thanks much!

Sorry about that - that skin scheme was up only for temporary testing. FYI there are dynamic style changing options available on that skin that can facilitate readability. But anyway, the site should be easier to read by default now.

Sorry about that - that skin scheme was up only for temporary testing. FYI there are dynamic style changing options available on that skin that can facilitate readability. But anyway, the site should be easier to read by default now.

ha! thats a sexay skin on there now... I like that..thats pretty sleek looking

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome skin dude! I've gotten so many compliments on it. I left a review on the marketplace that basically said the same thing. Only thing I'm having trouble with is the coded CSS that goes straight across. It makes it a bit hard to read and edit. Other than that, this is exactly how I wanted my forum to look. Thank you sir! Will post this on your site too!

Awesome skin dude! I've gotten so many compliments on it. I left a review on the marketplace that basically said the same thing. Only thing I'm having trouble with is the coded CSS that goes straight across. It makes it a bit hard to read and edit. Other than that, this is exactly how I wanted my forum to look. Thank you sir! Will post this on your site too!

Thanks, I appreciate your feedback!

Regarding the CSS code, if using an editor that supports line break insertion, the code may be made easier to peruse by inserting a line break after each semi-colon, via one mass-replacement.

hi there mate, i have ran into a problem with your skin, the BBCode panel is blown way out and a few of the codes have taken up a 3000 x 3000 radius on the panel like the centre code for example it should be in a nice little box but it takes up my whole screen and then some for that one code.., i have changed my auto resize permission to allow for profile templates to be added to profiles so i don't know if this is what has caused it but when i select the default ipb skin there is no issue.. it only happens when using your skin?
http://majorskillz.ipbhost.com/index.php?&app=forums&module=extras&section=legends&do=bbcode

also i have edited the colours a little in your skin but i can't fine the code to edit the typing text colour anywhere? when i type in the advanced search and on my shoutbox the text is black as is the search bar and the shoutbox tab so i can't read what i'm writing? can you help me locate the correct code to change the text colour?

regards
Major Skillz

hi there mate, i have ran into a problem with your skin, the BBCode panel is blown way out and a few of the codes have taken up a 3000 x 3000 radius on the panel like the centre code for example it should be in a nice little box but it takes up my whole screen and then some for that one code.., i have changed my auto resize permission to allow for profile templates to be added to profiles so i don't know if this is what has caused it but when i select the default ipb skin there is no issue.. it only happens when using your skin?

It looks like the current hook point might not reach that particular area. I think that I've found a much safer hook point: one that is not only always parsed in the global head after includeCSS, but that - unlike the current hook point - includes an <else /> procedure, so that the attached hook content should always be included. I'll address the issue officially in a future build with a hook update, but for an immediate fix, you may make the following changes:

Go to ACP > System [tab] > Applications & Modules > Manage Hooks > i.Skin Hook > Files [tab].
There, update the hook point as follows:
  • The skin function this hook is in ... includeRTL
  • Type of template hook ... if statement
  • The hook 'ID' ... importrtlcss
  • Position of template hook ... (post.endif) After the if statement ends

also i have edited the colours a little in your skin but i can't fine the code to edit the typing text colour anywhere? when i type in the advanced search and on my shoutbox the text is black as is the search bar and the shoutbox tab so i can't read what i'm writing? can you help me locate the correct code to change the text colour?

regards

Major Skillz

The Main Search input text is actually a light color by default (#BFAAAA), so probably some modifications have been made that changed that. To change that text color, go to ACP > Look & Feel [tab] > Look & Feel > Manage Skin Sets & Templates > Manage Templates in [Skin] > CSS [tab] > css.css, and replace XXXXXX in the code as follows with the desired hex code.

#main_search { border: 0!important; background: transparent!important; /*|*/ color: #XXXXXX!important; }

Although the ShoutBox is a 3rd party mod, it is currently free and seems to be commonly used, so I shall take a look at it soon to see if the issue can be replicated, and if so, to determine a potential fix. ;) In the meantime, you might be able to discover the issue causer(s) by using the 'Inspect Element' tool in Chrome, etc.

yeah cool, thank you man.. this has been tons of help :) the issue with the BBCode = FIXED, (#main_search) is fixed i searched for that code and i was missing the # tag at the start of the code. common mistake, that's why the colour didn't work.. as for the Shoutbox that is still black :( so i am thinking i may have missed a # tag in that bit of code to, i shall go have a search..

yeah cool, thank you man.. this has been tons of help :smile: the issue with the BBCode = FIXED, (#main_search) is fixed i searched for that code and i was missing the # tag at the start of the code. common mistake, that's why the colour didn't work.. as for the Shoutbox that is still black :sad: so i am thinking i may have missed a # tag in that bit of code to, i shall go have a search..

I just installed the ShoutBox on my site and here's how it looks on Dark Matter without any modifications. The input text is light. See the attachment, or test it on the live demo on my site. Possibly some modification(s) you made may have caused the input text to be black.

post-250180-0-74389600-1337264681_thumb.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived