Visual Skins Editor

Luc Wolfe

Alright I've been a client since 2005, now i'm was looking forward when IPB announced visual skin editor. It looks like a neat tool for sure. The only issue is I've support IPB all this time and yet i'm not eligible to use that feature. I think I do my fair share of supporting IPB, I got the blog, gallery, forums, chat, and the download script. Now why wouldn't we be eligible to enjoy that feature than someone who've been using the software who's been a subscriber for a lesser time.

lifetime licence aren't eligible, which ticks me off, and they didn't mention about it once they brought the feature to the public. They've told me I should revoke my current licence and go with a standard, so they can make more money off of me. Personally I think i do my fair share of contribution.

There's plenty of great skins out in the marketplace that contributors spend time a lot of time making for everyone. You wouldn't be able to achieve with the same standards with the visual skin editor anyway. Its an okay tool, but only changes colours. Nothing to get too worked up over personally.

• Management

Please understand the visual skin editor is not a "feature" - it is a partially remotely hosted service. There are costs incurred in developing and maintaining it so unfortunately, we are not able to bundle it with legacy licenses.

As you may be aware, lifetime licenses may be converted to standard licenses for free and include one full year of renewals. Given the extras and value-adds provided with the license, $25 per renewal is not a terrible deal. I understand lifetime updates is also appealing, however, so you're certainly free to continue your current license structure. You would just not have access to the services aspect.

couldn't they make a package for lifetime liscence, like an additional fee?

This has been discussed multiple times throughout the forums already. :) We did try that already, and it was not feasible to retain the separate services offering unfortunately. We tried, and it just didn't work out I'm afraid.

Archived