Lacking a mobile app under IP.Board 3.3.0

Jeffrey Roberts

My 2 cents about mobile apps:

I am really puzzled as to how a major release of IP.Board can be made available without an accompanying mobile app. I appreciate that there is something in the works in the mobile app department; however, in this day in age where we are losing so many of our visitors to apps, I truly hope that an iOS app is on its way.

Also, a mobile app is not an extra, where the forum for it currently resides. It should be part of the core platform.

• Management

Our brand new native iOS app is currently in the beta testing phase.

I use it daily and it's really nice already and really easy to use.

It's also worth noting that IP.Board ships with a mobile theme that is automatically selected when IPB detects a mobile handset.

Our brand new native iOS app is currently in the beta testing phase.

I use it daily and it's really nice already and really easy to use.

Can you tell us if it's designed in a way that that it can be used inside another app? We are building our own app and the forum component would just be one of many parts of it.

Can you tell us if it's designed in a way that that it can be used inside another app? We are building our own app and the forum component would just be one of many parts of it.

Not sure what you are asking. It's beens stated that it will be a native app meaning it's not just a webview that you open up.

If you are asking for a static library or framework I highly doubt one will be distributed.

Not sure what you are asking. It's beens stated that it will be a native app meaning it's not just a webview that you open up.

If you are asking for a static library or framework I highly doubt one will be distributed.

Yes, this is what I'm asking. Something like Tapatalk offers (for a fee). Wouldn't mind paying for it here either.

I've done a lot of custom work under IP.Content - but not using databases/articles.

Will I be able to template it in some way that it can be used in the app?

Yeah, IP.Content should be able to support different templates for Databases and Articles for use with mobile devices. For example, I might want to load an image on the top of every article on the desktop site, but I wouldn't want to on a mobile device.

Archived