Community

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'll build the damn thing.

Let's be straight here @Midnight Modding, you have promised and failed to deliver on this application for a ridiculous amount of time now, surely it was expected that someone would eventually step up

Posted Images

I am listed as the manager and it is open and in registration period.

Tournament Information

Tournament Name Tournament Type Manager Team Type Open Slots Views Status Knockout Test Single Elimination Bracket Jimbo 1 9/16 40 Registration Period

Important Times

Registrations Start Registrations End Tournament Starts Tournament Ends Yesterday, 11:47 AM 28 March 2012 - 11:47 AM 29 March 2012 - 11:47 AM 31 March 2012 - 11:47 AM

yeah I see multiple issues with that check. For one thing it's checking the inviter's group and whetehr THEY can join tournaments when it's supposed to check who you're sending it to. Second there's another way it can give an error as well when it shouldn't.

I'm releasing an update today or tomorrow so i will hopefully have it fixed in that.

ok I fixed the part which PROBABLY was the one causing your problem. For the other one i ened to know if people think I should check the team your inviting to be sure they are in a group which can join, or should I leave that check out for invites?

Also I think there are two areas where I ened to add one more check to keep sneaky people from bypassing a check.

And the global general setting for joining tournaments... for that one I only check the leader. I could switch that to check all members... but I guess it's best as it is. For a particular tournament it does check all members. For the global setting it only checks the leader. Probably best because not everyone will want to force the whole team to be a certain group.

Looks like yet another delay... I will hopefully release an update tomorrow. i am waiting about all 4 of my apps to be sure they are all working properly before relesing any and a couple of them I added a ton of online list integration and it took all day to do all this crap.

Still wondering whether or not I should have it check group of the invtied. Probably will undo that check and if they're in the wrong group then they'll just ahve to deal with getting an invite they cant accept I guess. lol

Couple of suggestions, not sure if these have already been suggested.

• The ability to copy a tournament and its settings.
  • The ability to share tournaments to Facebook, Twitter etc
  • Mobile phone friendly.
  • Integrated with Ibeconomy, points for win etc
  • Integrated with the inv awards
  • Topic automatically posted with details of a tournament in a specific forum.
  • Member notified when he has been challenged
  • Member notified when challenge has been accepted.

I'll think of more and post up tomorrow. :)

Alright, so my "bug" isn't a bug. But it IS a confusing feature for my members.

Basically, what people are doing is navigating to a specific ladder, clicking "Create a Team," building their team with members and then automatically assuming that the team will show up on the Ladder when full.

Instead, what they don't realize, is that the create a team is just a general button on every page and they still have to click "Join Tournament" afterwards.

To me, this is counter-intuitive because people think they are signing up for a ladder when clicking "Create A Team" on a specific ladder page. That is also why we assumed that there was a bug.

Is there any way that something can be made to make this more straight forward? Does it make sense what I am saying?

cavey some of those are already features. It already notified when challenged and many other times as well. Like with other apps you have to go to your notification settings and set it to send them. I was going to add one for when a new tournament is created, but that's a bit different in how it would be set up because with notifications it has specific ids to send them to whereas for one like that the best way would be to add a subscribe button or something where it mor easily knows which ids right off.

ALso it's already integrated with ibeconomy.

Those are all good ideas. Some things will be added sooner than others though. I have to just add what I think is best for the next release whereas some features are better tow ait a while on. Like I mentioned before, for most apps there really aren't many features added for a long time. IPS usually just bug fixes for a year before any new features. Whereas i am going to add more important features very quicklly. Although as far as a lot of features it's usually going to be closer to a few months or more. That's also part of the point for renewals is all the time it takes to add new features. Since this is a new app some features will be important enough to add quickly, however.

Becca, well the problem and reason i did not do it differently is because I did not want teams in before they are full and then never get full and the admin have to mess with dropping them out of the tournament as they would be wasting spots for teams who could actually be full.

So i'm not sure what the best way is of doing it. I could change it to thatw ay, butt hen the admin have a headache of having to deal with loking to see which teams did not fill properly. Or I could make it where it knows they want in the tournament so AS SOON AS their team fills THEN it automatically adds them. So they would basically have to fill their team before others do and take all the spots.

Also where people may get really annoyed is how teams are basically locked as long as a tournament goes on unless you did good tournament settings such as allowing reserves and changes. But I do not want there to be any way the team can go below the minimum member count while in an ongoing tournament.

Remember I went back and forth between using rosetrs for a tournament or not. Since it was done this way, teams can't be getting rid of members if it will push them below the limit. My suggestion on that is usually allow reserves and for teams to try to stay UNDER their reserve limit where it will allow them to drop and add new memebrs during a tournament since the minimum will still be there.

Also people need to be sure and look at member lists of teams they are competing against to be sure nobody is listed as inactive and yet still playing against them. That "wait" setting makes new members have to wait before being active.

I wonder if I am forgetting a bug that needed to be fixed. I looked back and can't find a mention of one. I fixed the invite issues, the issue where a bye team can't be allowed to win (which technically it shouldnt anyway, but that one poster must have had several in where one would need to win at some point), took out group checks for invites, etc etc. And of coruse I fixed some in the latest downloads in there from a few days ago.

Becca, I noticed you use the IPBforumskins, as I do to, do you have a problem with the comment fast reply box not showing properly? It may be just my skin, not sure but it shows fine on the IPB default skin so I know it is not an app problem. If you have this problem how do I get it to show properly?

post-202633-0-23115000-1332517839_thumb.

yeah I commented on it, but just have tod ecide on the ebst way to change it. I ahd mentioned some possibilities such as maybe just having it where it puts them officially in automatically when they are filled, if they do click it on that page. Not sure what the best way of handling it is.

On another note, I finally got all of my apps working properly in the online lists so now all I need to do is check for one bug in my reviews app and then I think I can release all four apps' updates.

Lol. Sorry, when I read that really long post, I totally missed everything and Idk what happened.

I think that making it so teams get added on the ladder upon being filled is a good idea and actually what everyone thought would happen on my forum.

Ok! So we have a really big problem! A few days ago my IP.content suddenly stopped working. Whenever you click on the IP.Content button, you would get an sql error. So we thought at first that someone just dropped the database that we had been using (which had about 10,000 records on it). After searching the records, turns out that is not what happened.

I submitted a ticket with IPB and they verified that the table had been completely dropped. I had someone look at my server and they searched all records of what processes have occurred over the last week. On the day of the installation of tournaments, that is the only change on the server that was made and that is also the day that Ip.content suddenly stopped working. There may be another explanation but it seems we cant find another one.

We are doing a partial restore to retrieve the dropped db table for ip.content which means everything should be fine. But I do want to make sure that this isn't happening as a result of the tournaments app as it could pose a big issue for others.

Thanks

They probably have to check my files to confirm that wasn't the problem because they're charging more than 10% for files sold here and they're supposed to make sure themselves that an app doesn't do anything dangerous. So I don't know if they checked it again, but they're supposed to make certain that nothing like that happens.

Actually, though, doy uo know the name of the table? You may have had a table named the same thing as this app has one named. If that's the case then restoring it would make this app not work properly with the other having the same name.

Honestly I think even that isn't the problem because it would have a table with the same name still there, so if they say the whole table was dropped and nothign is there replacing it, then it's not this app. If indeed there IS a table replacing it, you probably had one named the same and thus the installer would drop one with the same name (as it warns during install).

No table for this is called tournaments though. They all have a _ and another word at the end. So I doubt you had one with the same name.

But anyway IPS could easily confirm it's not this app by looking at my install files. On install it drops nothign whatsoever. Only time it dropped anything was for someone using a beta it dropped fields from this app itself, and never a whole table even from this app. If you had an existing table with the same name as one of these is the only way this could be involved and then it just requires a name change.

Hola,

The name of the table was ccs_custom_database_3

Either way, the partial restore made everything fine. I just wanted to point out that this was the assumption of the person who was looking into my server issue just in case. Otherwise, everything is back to normal now. If something similar happens to a person in the future then maybe they can post it here so we would know, otherwise we can just assume it could have been something else too.

I did just add extra security in two places because i forgot to sue something called addSlashes, but I ahd already run the names through soemthign else first so I assume even those were no big deal.

I may see what IPS says just wehre people won't think this could cause it. Also the person would have to know the name of that table if they were hacking and I don't know how theyw ould even know you had that table name.

People should always back up databases before installing any app anyway, but it's annoying that IPS is now going to have people worried about soemthing they just thought with no evidence. Blah. I don't even do anything odd with the app, a lot of simple queries which wouldn't allow for injections.