On 05/10/2015 at 1:01 PM, Midnight Modding said:

I am probably just going to make this for 4.1 now, though, because I don't see much point making it for 4.0 and then everyone immediately switch to 4.1. When 4.1 is released, I doubt many will stick with 4.0 because 4.1 isn't going to be so different as to cause major issues to sites or anything. For the most part it will probably end up that it will work on both 4.0 and 4.1, I'll just have to see how much anything related to coding has changed in 4.1.

Well, now that 4.2 is on its way, I bet we'll get an answer like this one from October 2015 :rofl: (Almost 2 years waiting, that's awesome!)

6 hours ago, Midnight Modding said:

@Robins Guptathank you. 4.2 should not affect things much. Most of the new features in 4.2 aren't something that would matter for a tournaments app and so far it looks like they only did a few slight changes that would affect overall coding of the app.

Thanks!

any dibs on release date for 4.x version?

• 3 weeks later...

I am probably canceling this project, so hopefully whoever mrbowers hired (I could guess with 3 guesses) will make one the way people want. Mine would have been released almost the exact same time, so it's just too risky putting in the time to finish the public version, when it could be released the same day for all I know. So I will just continue with the private version for a customer I have and then move on to something else.

If anyone has an idea for a totally new app or features for a tournaments app if I do decide there is a point to finishing, feel free to give me ideas (via PM, really, where I don't end up in the same situation of someone copying). I have already wanted to make some new apps, but really none are related to gaming and one of the ideas is one that I may just use only for my own site.

42 minutes ago, Midnight Modding said:

I am probably canceling this project, so hopefully whoever mrbowers hired (I could guess with 3 guesses) will make one the way people want. Mine would have been released almost the exact same time, so it's just too risky putting in the time to finish the public version, when it could be released the same day for all I know. So I will just continue with the private version for a customer I have and then move on to something else.

If anyone has an idea for a totally new app or features for a tournaments app if I do decide there is a point to finishing, feel free to give me ideas (via PM, really, where I don't end up in the same situation of someone copying). I have already wanted to make some new apps, but really none are related to gaming and one of the ideas is one that I may just use only for my own site.

How surprising!

6 minutes ago, SerialNoob said:

How surprising!

What does it matter? He got someone else to make one, so there's no point. It's not like I'm letting anyone down, when they can buy the other one. Basically what happened is someone who said he/she was "helping me" get all of 4.x understood, where I could finish the app, took it on because that's the way the modding community is here. Nothing I can do about that.

That's why I say if anyone does have ideas for other apps or some unique feature ideas, ask me privately, where people who have a beef with me won't do this sort of thing. :) I will definitely have the custom version done before they'll finish the public one, so if you end up having ideas for something unique you want, you can always have me make a custom verison and it would be done quickly in july because I'd already have another version completed by then, so could just modify that one.

1 minute ago, Keviee. said:

Tournaments will not be released?

Well, someone else is releasing a version, apparently, if I don't. So, either way, there will be one. mrbowers paid someone to make one by around the same time this would have been coming out. Nothing I can do about it. He had not indicated a problem or asked me when this would be done and ignored me when Is aid it would be done soon. If people aren't satisfied with the one being made, they could always ask me to finish this one then, it would just be even later coming out at that point.

9 minutes ago, Midnight Modding said:

Well, someone else is releasing a version, apparently, if I don't.

How is this a problem? If you will, they won't. 

9 minutes ago, Midnight Modding said:

If people aren't satisfied with the one being made

How are we going to know if we are satisfied or not and we haven't even seen it yet? 

Edited by Keviee.

1 minute ago, Keviee. said:

How is this a problem? If you will, they won't. 

How are we going to know if we are satisfied or not and we haven't even seen it yet? 

That's why I say it would slow things up because I wouldn't know, either, if anyone still wants this version. I had just told someone from this topic this morning that I was expecting to release this one in the same time frame. But why finish it by then, now, and have a competing one released at the exact same time?

Anyway. Well, it's not affecting anything for now, either way, because someone has already paid me to be updating a custom version. Most of what I do on that version helps me on this version, So nothing is slowing this one up.... yet. But soon I will be done with the custom one and then will just stop if someone else is releasing. There's not much point in competing with another one when I was more updating due to me hating how long everyone ahs had to wait.

44 minutes ago, Midnight Modding said:

It's not like I'm letting anyone down, when they can buy the other one.

IF it is true that someone is making the same app, it won't erase the fact that people have been waiting for YOU to update the app for more than 2 years and you kept serving the same lame excuses, with all due respect.

10 minutes ago, Keviee. said:

can we ask other devs now to make an application with the same concept? would you mind?

"competition" often involves "without consent", I'm glad that someone decided to do something about it!

Edited by SerialNoob

18 minutes ago, Keviee. said:

One more thing please, can we ask other devs now to make an application with the same concept? would you mind?

mrbowers already asked for pretty much the same thing. I am not saying I am giving any sort of permission for anything. I am just going to have to look into whether or not I would have a legal case or not.

obviously, Kevin does not have a legally purchased copy of mine and there is no way to get a legally purchased copy of it currently. So, it seems to me, that it would not be legal for him to have it just because mrbowers decides to give him a copy. IPS does not allow developers to just go get a copy of ip.suite from someone else, to make their apps for, for instance. They are expected to purchase it. Third party developers on this site don't really care about rules, though. SO, like I said, I will just check into legality on it, but no I am not giving consent to anything at all that I have a right to withhold it on. If he wants to make one on his own, cool. But I know that's not how it works and he will be looking at a copy not legally purchased by he himself, to better understand concepts.

Edited by Midnight Modding