• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 11:23 AM, mrbowers said:

Tournaments 4.x soon maybe this year haha ?

At this point I am hoping to release it by January, but it's hard to say for sure I can do it because something always comes up or I could run into issues, as well.

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 9:46 PM, DCProductions said:

Am I even able to purchase and download this? I am still using 3.4.6, and plan on continuing to use it. When I try to view the file it does not exist.

I have no idea why IPS has deleted all of my files. I contacted them to ask about it. It makes no sense if they deleted them because of not being compatible with 4.x, without warning me, though. People have active licenses, so why they would just up and delete them beats me.

I found out they archived 3.x files, with no way for us to view or edit them. So at this point it looks like I'd have to upload new file submissions for 4.x and charge for it separately, whereas I wanted to be able to keep from charging past purchasers full price for the 4.x one. At this point, there isn't another option, so we'll see.

For someone who wants to buy a 3.x one, I guess they'd have to pay straight to my paypal, unless I think of another idea.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2016 at 0:40 AM, Midnight Modding said:

I found out they archived 3.x files, with no way for us to view or edit them. So at this point it looks like I'd have to upload new file submissions for 4.x and charge for it separately, whereas I wanted to be able to keep from charging past purchasers full price for the 4.x one. At this point, there isn't another option, so we'll see.

For someone who wants to buy a 3.x one, I guess they'd have to pay straight to my paypal, unless I think of another idea.

I am certainly interested in the 3.0 version. Direct PayPal is fine with me. As long as you can provide support in case I need help with an issue. 

PM me and I will purchase. Thank you! 

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone has suggestions, speak now... Most likely, I will just update it with the same features it already had and then worry with adding new features in a future version. But I also need to get a good idea what people want because I did a lot of custom work and need to sort out what customers can have exclusive and what can go in this public release.

Just as per the description in the first post bud would be good to start with, given you;ve been talking about a V4 version for two years now  That isn't a dig, quite a few people been asking after this and getting a working version out will get a bit of confidence in the app and no doubt a few of us nagging off your back :)

No, that is not true. If you ever talk to someone who experienced a bug in this or my custom apps, you'd see I am the quickest to fix them of anyone here, I believe. I've fixed bugs within minutes of learning about them and have fixed them at all hours of the day and night.

The problem here is updating an app from 3.x to 4.x is a much bigger task than it was from 2.x to 3.x, so it requires more attention and learning the setup of ip.suite 4. Once this is released, I will obviously know the general setup and will be able to fix all bugs quickly.

Also, the app I am working on now is a custom version of this app, so when I am done with that, I will already know most of what to do for this public version and this one will probably be merely a week or two later than the custom one, I would imagine.

Edited by Midnight Modding

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/11/2016 at 5:55 AM, Midnight Modding said:

At this point I am hoping to release it by January, but it's hard to say for sure I can do it because something always comes up or I could run into issues, as well.

Is this still the case bud?

If anyone has used this before and wanted something different, you could suggest it. But what complicates things is someone paid me to make a customized version a lot more similar to a vb version, I believe, and he added in his own ideas, as well, and some are really good ideas, but a lot of it I will flat out have to let him have exclusively, and we still haven't got that all sorted.

If you could somehow have integration with a bracket system such as Challonge, that would be great. The original ladder system that was implemented in your plugin was great too - having some display mechanism for existing sites that allow embedding like Challonge would be great though. :thumbsup:

Looking forward to this!  I am not entirely sure how your old app was like since I never used it and do not have 3.4x, but some things I am liking with another app I was hoping would take care of all my needs I'll show you and if they are not currently implemented in "Tournaments" then hopefully they can be added.  (The other plugin I am using is called "Football" by newbie LAC.  I run a gaming community made up of all types of clans and we plan to keep things fun by hosting a wide range of tournaments ranging from open invite (any members on the forums can unite and make a team), clan vs clan (clans involved int he community may join and compete is clan vs clan league), and then a community league in which their are 6 factions (American, British, Soviet German, Italian and Japanese) and forum members can choose a country to fight for and compete in our weekly matches in game.  

PROS of "Football"

I like how Football uses visuals with team logos and tournament logos.  They also made its own dedicated "Football" forum, but as you can see it is bugged on my site for some reason with it not showing the team names in side bar widget and match (fixture) topics. 

They have a "player list". What is neat is that the players screen shows info on that player like DOB, country, etc.  Only downer is that it is pretty much soccer related so unusable for a FPS gaming environment (but it allows you to make up your own fields).  The only downer is that to make a player you have to do it from back-end instead of the actual player/member doing it themselves.  

http://dowrealism.com/forums/index.php?/football/

CONS of "Football"

It has some cons to it though.  The biggest being forum members cannot simply make a team to add to the league and/or members cannot join an existing team.  This must all be done through back-end which is no good.  

The other is having to use back-end to update match results.  I think an option should be allowed for team creators to have the ability to enter match results (which can be switched on and off for each league).  This will work well with communities like mine that have serious leagues and not so serious.

Other Suggestions:

Bracket system optional layout is also a nice addition to have.  Would also be great to add a playoff feature (that can be determined on league setup) if ones not already there and it places teams into brackets.   

Edited by Adam Dover

For my app, teams have leaders and optional co-leaders who can perform various tasks. At the very least. Basically someone creates a team and is the leader. Then others can apply to join the team or the leader can invite people etc. So the creator can enter match results. Then basically the leader on the other team has to confirm he results. If the other leader changes them, then it goes back to the first leader to confirm the edited results. I honestly don't remember if the co=leader can enter them. I have done so much custom work on a different version of this app that I am not even sure.

On this public version, though, you create a team and the team can keep being reused in other tournaments. In the custom version teams are always specific to only one tournament ever. But I have to work out with purchasers of custom versions whether or not I can use some of that stuff in this public version. I had already mentioned wanting to add a similar option before he asked about it for his, though, so really he can't have it exclusive on that feature.

When I say teams, it can be called whatever. And in the 4.x version hopefully I will make it more simple to change it to clans by having less lang bits to edit.

It has brackets, ladders, leagues. Ladders have many options for scoring. Brackets can be single or double elim. League is basically round robin matches set up between the teams in a random order. I don't think I ever added playoffs to it, though.

A lot of this depends on what I am forced to not add into this due to exclusivity agreements with the other customers.

The 6 factions thing, that isn't exactly in. I'm nor sure how close it could be mimicked with existing settings.

Also, on the public version I think I had it where you set tournaments as individual for members to join alone or team for them to make teams.

Sounds like all that I am looking for is covered, albeit some may or may not be exclusive to old customers?  I don't know, considering this is for an entirely new version of IPB, I am not sure why or how they could voice objection.  Hope you look to release this month as planned.  Will be patiently anticipating.  Thank you for bringing it to 4.1x

1 hour ago, Adam Dover said:

Sounds like all that I am looking for is covered, albeit some may or may not be exclusive to old customers?  I don't know, considering this is for an entirely new version of IPB, I am not sure why or how they could voice objection.  Hope you look to release this month as planned.  Will be patiently anticipating.  Thank you for bringing it to 4.1x

Not just old customers, it's customers who paid a lot to have a custom version made. Mostly 1 customer in particular. He can't have a say in what I keep in from the version I released here. He just had a say on features he asked me for and paid to keep exclusive only to him. I think the only thing I mentioned, which may be an issue, is ability to force teams/clans to be created new for every tournament. Although, it's possible I could get it in without affecting his style of doing it.

56 minutes ago, MadMcardle said:

@Midnight Modding in all honesty how close to release is this? I don't mean to be rude but if it is near I will hold on otherwise I will purchasing something else, the guys are getting restless. 

I probably can't know for sure until at least a few days from now as I see if I am running into issues understanding 4.x. It's not going to be months, but it's hard to say exactly yet. I am still hoping for January, but just like with ip.suite itself, it's hard to day for sure how long an upgrading process can take.

• 2 weeks later...