HI,

Im facing a serious problem

My guest member group can no longer access tournament app. In the permissions settings the group is simply not displaying in any of the option lists.

Edit: i have completely removed the application then intalled fresh 1.4.0 build. Still the same issue, "Guest" member group not showing in permission options.

Kindly help!

Edited by Robins Gupta
reinstalled app

I just looked and there is no longer a set of settings titled that, so I guess I must have had it titled that in the past and so it's still showing it, even though no settings are in it. Which version did you install the very first time? When I have time I may check it out and have it remove that group on the next upgrade.

You "may" be able to do a search and replace in the lang file to change users to something else, but it depends if it has that word in any of the "keys" because those can't be changed, so I would have to look to see. that clans file is in there because someone paid for custom work so I went through replacing them manually, since the keys did have the word team in them, so those can't be changed, only the ones that will be printed onto the screen can be, so it's tedious. Basically if you wanted to do it yourself, you would have to go through the lang file and use the find feature to keep going to every line that had user in it, and if it's to the right of an arrow, you change it, and if it's to the left of the arrow you don't. Then you have to go into the ACP manage languages area and import the file to overwrite the old one.

To actually be in tournaments you have to be a member. But, yes, they should have been in the browse app setting and I guess the bypass flood control one (I don't think I really have much flood control in it, to begin with, though). It's somewhat a bug. I purposely took them out of the other selections, since guests can'[t join teams, tournaments, etc...

I can probably fix it today, but I'm not sure of the best way of doing it. I guess I will have to make it a version 1.4.1 even though I have already been working on 1.5.0.

ok, download 1.4.1 and upgrade it tot hat and it should add guests into the browse and bypass flood control ones. The others they intentionally are not allowed to be in. I usually can't add changes this quickly, but it really needs guests allowed to view the app on sites where admins want them to.

Marketplace is all messed up on here, so I didn't notice how to put in the changelog, then when trying to edit it, it is all messed up where I didn't bother trying to fix the changelog, so it still ahs the 1.4.0 changelog listed.

ok, download 1.4.1 and upgrade it tot hat and it should add guests into the browse and bypass flood control ones. The others they intentionally are not allowed to be in. I usually can't add changes this quickly, but it really needs guests allowed to view the app on sites where admins want them to.

Marketplace is all messed up on here, so I didn't notice how to put in the changelog, then when trying to edit it, it is all messed up where I didn't bother trying to fix the changelog, so it still ahs the 1.4.0 changelog listed.

​Thanks. It worked like a charm! I have sent you a pm with website info, kindly do see.

I just looked and there is no longer a set of settings titled that, so I guess I must have had it titled that in the past and so it's still showing it, even though no settings are in it. Which version did you install the very first time? When I have time I may check it out and have it remove that group on the next upgrade.

You "may" be able to do a search and replace in the lang file to change users to something else, but it depends if it has that word in any of the "keys" because those can't be changed, so I would have to look to see. that clans file is in there because someone paid for custom work so I went through replacing them manually, since the keys did have the word team in them, so those can't be changed, only the ones that will be printed onto the screen can be, so it's tedious. Basically if you wanted to do it yourself, you would have to go through the lang file and use the find feature to keep going to every line that had user in it, and if it's to the right of an arrow, you change it, and if it's to the left of the arrow you don't. Then you have to go into the ACP manage languages area and import the file to overwrite the old one.

To actually be in tournaments you have to be a member. But, yes, they should have been in the browse app setting and I guess the bypass flood control one (I don't think I really have much flood control in it, to begin with, though). It's somewhat a bug. I purposely took them out of the other selections, since guests can'[t join teams, tournaments, etc...

I can probably fix it today, but I'm not sure of the best way of doing it. I guess I will have to make it a version 1.4.1 even though I have already been working on 1.5.0.

​I believe i started with version 1.3.5 or the one version earlier.

I agree it is tedious. But i might have to do it. As per our theme player suits better than users

I agree for tournament access but guests/public needs to see it. Thanks for the quick fix! Loved it!

Eagerly waiting for next upgrade. Good luck.

One question. How do you initiate battles? Like a ladder with "0" as "Member Count" value?

Regards,

RobinS

Battles is just considered a whole separate area from ladders and tournaments in general (it wasn't even in at all until recently, when someone had it added custom). They're treated as basically just a one match setup, where you go to a team page or individual page and click a button to request one. In a ladder, I guess it could be considered battles, but is just called challenges instead and you go to the tournament page and click by one of the teams/members in the standings to challenge them. And then in the ACP using 0 for member count makes it a tournament without teams, but would otherwise work the same way. When allowing people to add a tournament form the public end it's less confusing, really, since you don't have t enter a 0 for that, for instance.

You or anyone else who thinks some features can be improved can suggest things for the version for ip.board 4.0. There is going to be at least one more version for 3.4, but it's just custom features someone is paying me to add in. He's actually had version 1.5.0 of this app for a while, but now is having me add several more things, which I am still going to put into 1.5.0.

Hi,

I do have some suggestions I'd love to share with you.

1. Battles help file - Would be nice to have the help file updated for easy reference.
  2. Tournament embed code - I don know if this is possible. But is it possible to get the brackets or "Schedule and result" or top teams/users sections as iframes in other sites, much like embed code or something?
  3. Home page may have some blocks with top teams in category/ladder for the purpose of highlighting or show sense. It can also have a block that pick random user with a few stats
  4. Custom fields for Team generation process. Like e.g. in my case  our website supports more than two games. It would be nice to add a drop down to select which game the team is being generated for easy reference.
  5. Kindly consider renaming username/users to "players". Or maybe it is available as an option, like a setting or something.
  6. I'm not sure of this but does Userlisting contains Battle data/stats?

Will think add more as i come up with.

Regards,

RobinS

It would cot to remove the whole thing, but I don't guess it's a problem to remove the version.

I'll have to get back to you on some of those other questions. The way battles was set up was all custom, so I can't remember for sure which list used battle stats. I know at least one of them would, depending on settings. Also, if most people would rather it say players, I would change it. I'm not sure which was is most commonly used. Players sounds like it would be better, personally.

It would cot to remove the whole thing, but I don't guess it's a problem to remove the version.

I'll have to get back to you on some of those other questions. The way battles was set up was all custom, so I can't remember for sure which list used battle stats. I know at least one of them would, depending on settings. Also, if most people would rather it say players, I would change it. I'm not sure which was is most commonly used. Players sounds like it would be better, personally.

​I don't wish to remove your branding. I'd love it there. Its just the version number seems unnecessary, but only with your permission, kindly tell how to remove the version info. A PM would be fine.

Eagerly waiting for response on questions.

By Battle stats listing i mean when you click "Browse Users" or "Top users" navigation links.

Yes, i have not heard "Users" associated with "Tournaments" except for the movie "TRON" (no disrespect intended). Personally yes, "players" or "gamers" should sound much related. It would be convenient if we have a setting to setup this particular variable.

Regards,

RobinS

I thought of having a setting for teams or clans and then realized it would be a huge amount of code to change just to let it work, so took it out and made that extra file. So it depends on how much I would have to change to get a setting in. Then for ip.board 4 I would probably do a setting for both of them, since I am already having to change so much for 4.0.

I did one of those on my reviews app, but if I do one on other apps, I'm not sure whether to just add ip.board's punishment system into it or something else. Technically you could give certain groups bad permissions and move them into those groups. On the reviews app I make it built in where you can take away specific permissions for an individual, though.

Hi,

Ok.

I have another idea. Is it possible to grant "Create tournament permission" to be category specific. e.g. if you check my website i have various game categories and i intend to recruit website game administrators and give them create power per game and not global. Do you think it is possible?

Regards,

RobinS

Well, it could be added, but I'm not ever really sure when I will add things in. It all comes down to how many people I think would want a particular feature, otherwise people pay to have something added in or if it's something they need quicker than when I plan to add it in, normally. If I do ever add it in, I guess I would put an extra field on the category add form where you would select groups. The thing is, then someone would probably want more and more permissions per category, so it would end up being more work than it seems. Also, you're talking about on the public side adding them, ACP side, or both?

I feel bad for anyone translating for this app. There are literally thousands of lang strings!

edit: actually, I think "literally" it's somewhere around 1990 of them (in my current version I am working on), so a few more before literally thousands). Very annoying adding so many of those. Many are repeat words or phrases, but I do that to give more ability to use a phrase differently in one area vs. another.

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I am using iCredits as point system.

In Tournament settings: Table =members and Field = credits

I have enough points but i still get the error message "You do not have enough points to join this tournament" 

Is there something i'm doing wrong? 

In my database, the prefix "ipb" is automatically added, so in phpmyadmin the table name is "ipbmembers", could that be the problem?

Thank you!

No, the table prefix wouldn't be a problem.

The points setup for this app is confusing because it uses different types of points. Points from the members table are used to join TEAMS. The points then become "team points". Then team points are used to join the actual tournaments.

For individual tournaments, I obviously did not think things through because it still sues a different type of points, but the only way you can even gain them is by winning tournaments... so at some point I am really going to have to change this setup for individual tournaments.

Thanks for your answer.

Actually, I did buy this app only because you added the individual tournaments feature; I wanted to make members pay from my current point system to join individual tournaments AND battles. Basically, i can't use it right now; because according to what you said, I can only make free individual tournaments and free battles.. do i really need a $55 app for that?

Are you planning to change that setting any time soon? 

Just because one feature is not how you like doesn't mean the app is worthless. I may be able to change that setup soon, though. Also when you WIN a tournament, assuming you have it set to give points to winners, they do actually get those in the members table and also I think in the other table as well, so I think the only part I need to change is the joining part. As for battles, though, I don't even remember if you can charge for those or notm but if not, I didn't say in the description anywhere that you could. Battles was only added in as custom work and allowed into the main app, but I'll look at it and see. It shouldn't take much to change how individual tournaments work, though.

Fine ^^

There is a battle cost but yes it is optional... After a test, a found out that points can be deducted from the main points system for each battle loss/won, which lead me to.2 suggestions:

- Make the "battle cost" optional (or remove it): would be less confusing for those who send the challenges (and myself :lol:).

- Ability to set the points for each battle loss/won individually (it is currently set for all battles)

Thanks!