A site has been using the new version of this for a few days, but I was just waiting a little while before releasing it and also being sure they don't run into problems.

Very soon, I really need to move on to ip.board 4 and not add things to this version anymore, so if anyone is desperate to have various features added in and won't be using ip.board 4 for a while, they'll likely need to hire me for custom work, unless it's something small that I feel like doing free, but I am really ready to be done with ip.board 3 work, really.

I still need to release this other version before adding anything more, since it would be weird not releasing the current version I have first.

Big changes to the system, such as brackets being set up simpler and looking better will likely have to wait until 4.0, though. What a certain person on here doesn't comprehend (nobody who ahs posted lately or maybe ever in this thread) is that I set up the brackets feature in the QUICKEST way, when people were rushing me to finish version 1.0.0 and if I simplify it, like it should be, I have to test the whole feature which takes forever. Last week I already had to test a 128 double elimination bracket and it was PAINFUL because I had to submit scores for HUNDREDS of games and look to be sure everyone moved to the right places.

Version 1.4.0 has been released. Have tournaments use members instead of teams, call them clans instead of teams fi you wish, add and manage tournaments form the public side, 128 team or member tournaments, career streak (not retroactive, but the first time you win after this update, it would update it to that current one for best), auto byes, auto move teams to next round if they face byes, leaderboards, battle system, and more.

All of this was done as a custom project, but for the public app, as well, so some features may be done in a way different than what you would like. I tried to give options on it. The battle system is done the way they wanted it, so you would currently have to do it the way they liked or disable it in case it will be changed to allow more ranking options in the future.

The way the battle system currently is, you challenge a team or member to a battle. Once the battle is completed, ranking points are given. The team who loses always loses 100 points. If the better ranked team wins, the winner gets 100 points, If the lower ranked team wins, they receive half the difference in points between the two teams. This is done the same way for individual member battles, as well. These totals are CAREER totals. There is also an option to have this battle system of scoring used for regular tournaments, as well. If you use it, then the leaderboards will rank based on these ranking points. otherwise I believe they are ranked based on tournaments won.

If you would rather not have tournaments added or managed on the public end, then simply don't enable it for any groups and you could delete the folder for it if you don't want the file even there.

I didn't ever make an exact demo. I added it to the site with my username as the url (trying not to post it where bots pick up on it lol), but everyone joining there, just about, was spammers, so I closed down registrations. I have it on a test site is about it. I could maybe let people test it there, but I don't want to do that often, having a lot of people having access to testing sites.

yeah, it's been asked about quite a few times.

Btw, if anyone has suggestions for this app, I have to redo quite a bit whenever I update it for ip.board 4, so would be a good time to change some things up. I am also coming out with a new version for 3.x within the next week or two, but anything I add in 3.z versions, or at least MOST things, are only if someone wants to pay to have them custom added in and usually they have to agree to let it be in the main app. It's a real headache managing multiple sets of files. I am already maintaining two copies of each lang file, as it is.

• 1 month later...

I will probably go ahead and upload version 1.5.0 today or tomorrow.

If anyone wants any new feature in a ip.board 3.4 compatible version, they better hire me VERY soon because I am planning on forgetting 3.x and moving on to 4.x soon. When even the company forums are using 3.0, it's about time to stop adding things for 3.4.

Just to give hints of what may be wanted....:

1.  in 1.5.0 you can now undo matches (change the winner or scores), but ONLY for ones in bracket style tournaments. If anyone needs this to be available for ladders or league tournaments, I would need someone or a group of people to give around $125.

2. In 1.5.0 there is now a 256 team bracket option. However, the html for it is set up in a totally different way than any other type. If someone needs to have me do anything different to make it easier to modify the html, they would need to have me do that soon, as well.

There may be more that people want, but like I said, I am starting on 4.0 soon and not wanting to go back to 3.4. Probably around Thanksgiving.

Also, if anyone has ideas on how to have a 4.0 version look, let me know. Or suggestions for it, as far as new features. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the permissions in a whole separate place, rather than where permissions for other apps are. You have to go to system settings and everything is in the tournaments tab of that area. On the current version the tournaments tab is then split into various sections, to separate out different types of settings, so Permissions is a whole separate section within the tournaments ta of system settings.

Then to manage everything else, you go to the actual tournaments app area where all the other apps are in the acp. This app has so many settings, it can take a while and be a bit confusing to set them all, because there are so many choices. The next evrsion has probably 10 more settings, too, there are so many combinations of settings one could use because I am trying to have everything there to have as many people happy as possible.

The person who had me make version 1.5.0 wants some more custom features added in that, so I'm not sure when that evrsion will be out. Hopefully in a couple weeks, which adds a ton of good features.

Probably not in the next one. Other than for 128 and 264 brackets it will have scrollbars to stop making it take up so much space. Otherwise, people have been paying designers to custom improve it until I can figure something out to improve the main app one. Trust me, I want to improve it. I just spend so much time on custom features, that then when I am done the people are in a hurry to start using it and I run out of time (plus I am just really bad at designing, but I will figure something out).

Win Weight is if you use a "simple method ladder" where the ranking is based on points given for wins. So the whole standings of the tournament would depend on this one if you use simple method ladder.

Win points, however, is just points totally unrelated to tournament rankings. If you use a point system for members on your site, such as for posting, and use it for this app, it would give members on the winning team points for that system, totally unrelated to using in this app. It also would give the team "team points", which can then be used to join tournaments that have a cost to join.

I'm surprised you're the first to ask about this, because there are so many different types of points in this app. Career Points is a recent feature where you can use it to have a career total of points, mostly used as a sort of hall of fame, career ranking.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm facing a problem.

I have 1.3.5v installed. I'm trying to upgrade to 1.4007b. Moved the files from uploads to forum root. I am not getting any option to update anywhere. The board shows the app is up to date (to 1.3.5v).

I've tried yoursite/admin/upgrade option too. It still shows up to date (1.3.5).

The update url in missing in app settings under system settings. Am i missing this?

Kindly help. Can provide screens if you want. I'd like to show you the website as well, but i need your permission to send a PM with site info in it.

Regards,

RobinS

The update url is for something else. I think that is if the app author has a url it can look at to see if there is a new download for you to get.

It should be trying to have you upgrade as soon as you try logging into the ACP. Only thing I can think of is maybe you uploaded the files in the wrong place. You have to unzip the 1.4.0 version and then be sure that the admin folder is overwriting the old admin folder. Maybe you accidentally went up or down a folder when uploading them. You could PM me details, but from the ACP details I wouldn't be able to tell much. If the files are uploaded in the right place it would automatically have you upgrade. In the ACP all I would see is it's listed as up to date, but wouldn't know why. Maybe somehow some files didn't overwrite the old ones.