• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey there,

Can someone screenshot or type exactly whats required to get it accept a registration date(You selected too early of a registration finish time), Im banging my head against the wall Ive tried some of suggestion, but no luck, including the obvious suggested format.

Cheers

Disregard this post

Edited by 3xAGaming

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I am translating in my language this fantastic mod bought yesterday .. one thing I don't understand, what do you mean by the word "bracket?" If you explain me in other word I will happy :D :D

I guess it's what would be called single or double elimination tournaments. I just called it a bracket since it's shown as a bracket (badly skinned one, unfortunately, until I figure out how to skin it better). So it's just where it shows the column of matches and then the next column has the winners of those, and so on until the end.

If anyone thinks I need to change any wording on the English strings, let me know, because I actually haven't done a tournament IRL before, and so some terminology I could be off on, but just called it a bracket because in ncaa basketball they refer to it that way.

Translatign for my apps is probably not fun because I always have so many lang bits. On some apps I think I have thousands of them!

Ok thank you, now I understadn..

Sorry I've another question (I'm nagging, i know).

I want to create a ladder system, but not by team.. i want single match for single player with the ELO method.. it's possible? because now if I start a new tournament it's requires a team.

The way it currently is, they have to do it as a 1 member team. The reason I did it that way is it was easier to keep certain stats. I will probably add ability to have it not require a team when I update it for ip.board 4, but I will have to be updating a lot of apps, so I won't have time to add too many features, maybe could add that one. Or if someone wants to pay to have it custom added before then. It would probably be a few hours of work because I would have to go through a lot of files changing them to work without teams involved.

I think probably the "easiest" way would be for me to make it still technically add a team for them in the database, to make all the rest of the app be able to work without changing it, but just not make it where you actually have to create the team, so th member would still see it as if they simply joined without a team, but for stats purposes, I could store it as a team for each member individually.

I had a lot of decisions to make when making this app where some would want it one way and some want it another way. Hopefully I can improve it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Nice and useful app for gaming communities. Though, there are some comments I'd like to pin point:

1. a live demo to see this app in action;

2. the ability to set the scores set from a counter strike server - if I'm having a tournament within my community, I'd like to have the scores automatically set by the server itself and not having to do it manually;

3. the ability to translate the plugin to another language outside admincp (a protected language can't be translated);

4. the ability for each team to have a protected forum/topic (in order to discuss their strategy, plans for each games and maps etc.).

Note. If people are willing to pay for modifications, I think there should be a private communication method between client and developer. Or not :)?

Cheers,

Alex

There's not really a good way to do #3 because that's just how ip.board is set up. For some reason, IPS made it where you have to make a clone of the lang set where you can then edit that one. And I'm not sure if #2 would even be possible. I know there are ways to get stats from servers, such as for some of the music games you could retrieve them, but there wouldn't be a way to have some other server automatically interact with this app, it would have to be the app getting the data every so often, and that's if the particular server is known and even has the ability to retrieve the stats in the first place.

I know about the cloning language, is not something new :). Was only asking if it's possible the other way. Thanks for clarifying.

As for point 3: wouldn't be interacting so hard because it will be only for the time of the battle (let's say an hour for 3 games between two teams). That should get the query stats data for every 20 minutes and not before. Once the first game finishes, the score will be attached due to server stats. And so on, 3 times per hour, per battle time. A competition could load during 1 week or more, is not a must to have everything during one day ... I am talking here about teams with at least 5 members each one!

Anyway, those were only pin points and not mod MUST adds.

Cheers,

Alex

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It has a bracket layout, but it admittedly does not look good because I can't ever seem to skin it well. I'm going to try again to get it looking better. As it is now, it has them lined up where they would go on a bracket (like the second type you showed, all going left to right), but it's just in table cells, so it needs to be improved. That's the main area I want to improve.

Basically teams can have their leaders (or co-leader if they have one) report the scores, and then the other team confirms it. If the second team disagrees, they can simply change the scores when "confirming" and then it will go back to the first one again, who could confirm it, if there had been a mistake earlier. If they don't both agree to confirm it, they can file a dispute and the admin can settle it or confirm the scores in the acp. If the admin confirms it, it's finalized right away. I don't think I have an undo feature in, so the admin needs to be careful. I hadn't added it in yet, because it would really be complicated undoing scores for a bracket. Or tedious, if not exactly complicated.

It has a bracket layout, but it admittedly does not look good because I can't ever seem to skin it well. I'm going to try again to get it looking better. As it is now, it has them lined up where they would go on a bracket (like the second type you showed, all going left to right), but it's just in table cells, so it needs to be improved. That's the main area I want to improve.

Basically teams can have their leaders (or co-leader if they have one) report the scores, and then the other team confirms it. If the second team disagrees, they can simply change the scores when "confirming" and then it will go back to the first one again, who could confirm it, if there had been a mistake earlier. If they don't both agree to confirm it, they can file a dispute and the admin can settle it or confirm the scores in the acp. If the admin confirms it, it's finalized right away. I don't think I have an undo feature in, so the admin needs to be careful. I hadn't added it in yet, because it would really be complicated undoing scores for a bracket. Or tedious, if not exactly complicated.

Alright i understand the "i cant get it to look good" but your mentioning teams alot and yes somtimes its Team v Team but what about a massive FFA Single / Double Elimination?

Right now, it's set up where even individuals have to make a team, so it could be a 1 person team, just as technicality. Some want me to change it where members just join without making a team. Originally I didn't do it that way because the way I keep stats on it would be more complicated, but I will probably have to change it to allow that in the future.

Also, single or double elimination is limited to a certain number of teams. I don't think I even set it to go above 64. The reason is I could not figure out the math for making it be able to automatically generate one for any number of teams. SO I ahd to hardcode it for different numbers form 2-64, I believe. So as it currently is, if you wanted more than 64, I guess you'd have to make multiple brackets and then make new ones when those finish and have the winners into that one.

Maybe on the next version, I should concentrate on skinning, seeing if I can find out a way of allowing any number of teams in a bracket, ability to undo mistakes, ability for members to join without teams, and then forget all other features because if I try adding too much, I won't have time to spend the right amount to get some of this figured out. I likely won't have another version out for 3.x, though, probably the next one will be for 4.x unless someone is desperate and pays me to custom make something before 4.x.

Right now, it's set up where even individuals have to make a team, so it could be a 1 person team, just as technicality. Some want me to change it where members just join without making a team. Originally I didn't do it that way because the way I keep stats on it would be more complicated, but I will probably have to change it to allow that in the future.

Also, single or double elimination is limited to a certain number of teams. I don't think I even set it to go above 64. The reason is I could not figure out the math for making it be able to automatically generate one for any number of teams. SO I ahd to hardcode it for different numbers form 2-64, I believe. So as it currently is, if you wanted more than 64, I guess you'd have to make multiple brackets and then make new ones when those finish and have the winners into that one.

Maybe on the next version, I should concentrate on skinning, seeing if I can find out a way of allowing any number of teams in a bracket, ability to undo mistakes, ability for members to join without teams, and then forget all other features because if I try adding too much, I won't have time to spend the right amount to get some of this figured out. I likely won't have another version out for 3.x, though, probably the next one will be for 4.x unless someone is desperate and pays me to custom make something before 4.x.

'

What do you mean undo mistakes

I'm asuming Admins have "can set" permession to change anything such as winners, loosers, brackets etc at any time so what. So what cant you undo?

I am heavily debating on using this. I currently use http://challonge.com/ to handle brackets / team reporting for tournements. If i can interigrate your app into my site and it has the same features then i would be interested

The admin can enter scores and who won, but I am just saying once they submit it, it can't be changed, so they have to be careful before submitting. Also, matches can have "match times" and some people think that is confusing because I guess they don't want to enter a set time, so there is a lot I need to think about and see if I can figure out a way that everyone will like.