I'm not sure when I will add that in. I will probably add it on this next version, though. I need to do the next version soon because I want to release that before ip.board 4.0 is out and then work on bigger features for a 4.0 compatible version.

could you tell me how much cost to add this feature ? could you contact me via PM ?

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

which type of tournament is it? I can't even remember making the match time not editable, but if I did, maybe there is a bug with it. I haven't heard of anyone having the issue though.

bracket.

Also, why cant my user submit scores after the match as ended. When they try they get an error "Already Complete. This match can not be altered!"

If i try setting the "Allow Changes" settings (Until when are team changes allowed? They are never allowed if you have a strict member limit.), im unable to remove my strict member limit becuase any input I give i get the same issue.

It's going t be a while because I am finishing up some custom work for someone with this app and then letting him have it for a while until I can finish up a totally new version to release here. I have to finish the new version of my betting app before this one, so it may be close to January before I get this one having a new public version.

Can you make some sort of graphic on how it should look, though? Should it be something like (2) team Name 75

where the 75 is the score? In other words, just simply ad their score on their team line?

I may post in here how to do it before I do a release, but I believe I ahd noticed it's not a quick feature to add because it has to be done in several places, if I'm not mistaken.

Man I am testing some things and I can't even test this feature I added because I keep getting those annoying invalid match time messages. lol I see why those annoy everyone because I can't even figure out why I'm getting it yet.

Sigh. I see another issue in the way I have this set up. I have it where for ladders and brackets, you can change the "scoring style" even after the tournament starts, which would really mess up ladders because it would already be storing standings one way and if it switches, it will mess up. I know it's unlikely someone will be changing it anyway, but I need to change that where you can't change it after the tournament starts. You already can't change the setting in leagues as far as how many games you play, once it has started!

Went ahead and changed that.... so you can't change the scoring style after a tournament has been started. I'm sure when I have time to go through this app more, I'll find other similar situations. I thought I had already taken everything fof the form that can't be changed.

Also I really SHOULD add some things back such as tournament start time, if it hasn't been started yet!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know whether to release another version of this before an ip.board 4 compatible one or not because I can't think of much which really needs to be added to this. I guess I will release one because it does have per tournament auto topics, per match auto topics, per tournament dispute topics, etc... which only one person is using live so I need to release one more for ip.board 3 to get that feature into the main download. But the only other things I can think of which I should go to the trouble of adding for the next version is ways to undo accidents (although it's not likely TWO people will confirm wrong scores), possibly make times done differently, and also I should make more specific error messages where people won't be confused as to why they have errors when terying to join tournaments. But not much else is needed, that I know of, other than skinning brackets, which I can never properly do anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

Just as an fyi, copyright removal for this app is $150. Although fairly expensive, this is the type of app where there are probably a few people it would help out because this seems like the type of app where someone would be having members noticeit and want to make competing sites. Anyway, just mentioning it because I hadn't decided on prices in the past for any of my apps and now know what I would charge for them. The reason most programs cost so much for removals is because you have to figure removing it will stop a few sales on the author's end.

Paid $50 for the tournament plugin and I am in Error City :sad:
Error 1
Fatal error: Call to a member function linkbar() on a non-object in /home/content/43/10752543/html/forum/admin/applications_addon/other/tournaments/sources/classes/startup/class_tournaments.php on line 182
Error 2
Fatal error: Call to a member function startPage() on a non-object in /home/content/43/10752543/html/forum/admin/applications_addon/other/tournaments/modules_public/start/start.php on line 108
Error 3
Fatal error: Call to a member function footer() on a non-object in /home/content/43/10752543/html/forum/admin/applications_addon/other/tournaments/sources/classes/startup/class_tournaments.php on line 103
I tried removing those lines in the respective php files after which there was nthng but a blank page..
Please reply as to what to do in order to fix this problem!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a demo, technically, but just the public side on one of my sites. I'm not going to release a demo for download because it would be more trouble and cost than it's worth because each time I make a new version I would have to keep paying to have it encoded.

Also, technically it will work with other skins, but I don't know how it will look with them. Sometimes other skins have CSS changes which make some things not line up the same, for example.

• 3 weeks later...