I am wondering if you can add a button in the brackets page with connect to the game or something like that,to be an editable link by the admin,for each team,when starting tournament bracket(for each team because 2 teams are joining one server,another 2 teams another server,and so on)-maybe with option to can hide that if others dont want it.What i mean is that i organize some brackets with fps games like cs,cs:go,etc,and it would be easyer for the player to connect if he has a connect button.The editable link should look like steam://connect/gameservername .It is hard to achieve this??

Also for next update of tournaments i think you should look at this site to: http://binarybeast.com/xCoDBO21307301

See the view details thing,and dont forget the scores,because it is very important.I mean you dont have matches without scores...

Sorry for low english,it is not my native language.This is just a suggestion.Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah that should be it. I have the permissions in system settings instead of in the app menus for several reasons.

Random note to myself: I need to make a feature for undoing accidental bad score submissions and also put a bunch of specific error messages for when you get an error when trying to join a tournament. I currently have it just give some same error and not explain what the problem is.

Just one question:If i create a tournament,and i just hit the start tournament button in acp,when tournament finished,it is not updated,and not passed to to past tournaments.it is because of the time that needs to enter when creating tournament?It is not important for me,but just noticed this.

I have noticed if i create a bracket,and submit scores in acp but forget to select the winner ,it will mess up the entire bracket,because canot continue,throwing the error you entered an invalid match id,and gives a match with a bye team.Cant do anything but delete the bracket.

Btw when is comming a new update??Thanks.

Oh ok, good! I was thinking I would have to go back through it and fix something again.

As far as the next version, I'm not sure, but I will probably just add a few features and then when ip.board 4.0 is released make one which has more things redone in it. Only problem is some people will probably complain, if they don't want to upgrade to ip.board 4.0, but it would be lame to update it to work with 4.0 and have no new features.

It's in a template bit called tourneyResultsPage, but it's set up in a not so good way because 1. I couldn't figure out the math to have brackets automatically generated for any number of teams, so I ahd to do hardcoded ones for select numbers, and 2. it has the skinning for non-brackets also.

Really the best way someone could do it is to add new classes to your ip.board and then use those in the template bit. If someone would ever help me, I would make it look better myself, but I am not good at skinning, so I can't magically be good at it automatically. I've actually tried to make it look like brackets before and I could not get it to work, for some reason.

It's not a bug, most likely, there are just a lot of different things it checks such as the limit of teams per ip address which can jin, number of teams with a certain member on them, number of members on the team vs. the limits for the tournament, points if the point system is being sued, etc... Like I've said, at some point I will break up that error message into all the specific ones where it will be clear which one is causing the error.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you tell me please how to add the scores to the brackets page??When hitting shedule and results for a bracket,it shows the brackets but not show the scores.How to add scores ?? I hired somebody to skin the result page and this is how it looks for the moment: http://warnight.ro/forum/tournaments/results/4-test4/ I want to add the scores after the teamname,Thanks.

He did a pretty good job there. I can never get it working properly when I try it.

Anyway, I will post again within the next day to comment about the scores because I will need to look back at it and see if they'r already "available" for the skin template or if I would have to add some code. My guess without looking is the scores can be displayed already in the skin template, but for brackets they probably are not formatted with commas or decimals, so if you would have four or more digits in your scores it would not have punctuation, is my guess right now, without a couple lines of code being added to the file.

But I will check during the next day or so to be sure.

edit: I went ahead and checked. Yeah, technically, the scores are available to the template, but are not formatted with punctuation, if needed, and also the team names and seeds are set up in the file, although you could add it into the skin template.

But the way it is set up for brackets, since I had to paste in every one of the teams instead of a simple mathematical way of doing it, you would have to paste some code in the template many many times. Probably more than 100 times because that template is not set up in an ideal way.

So bottom line is to best do it I would need to add a little code in a file. If you want it done soon I would ened to do it as custom work, but it would not cost much. A lot of these things I could add free later on, but it's hard to know when I will be done with the next version. I may put out a new version with a few custom features in a week or two, though.

If the skinner had to do anything in the template I know he had to be annoyed because that template is a mess. I wanted it to be a small template bit, but I couldn't figure out the math to set it up with only a few lines.