i have one first small problem.i have created a tournament bracket with 16 teams,and i submitted scores,but 1 match it gives me like team vs bye,after submitting scores of first round,but there was already 16 teams(so no bye).from thankswhere comes this bye?because if i try to enter a score or to pass over this match i cant because i ge the error You entered an invalid match id. thanks.

you may need to PM me a link to the match. I guess I would have to be an admin and you set it to allow that group to be an administrator of the app itself where I can get to the page and figure it out. It's not supposed to have a bye one listed unless you actually click the add team button and add a "bye" which is just for when you may not be able to fill a league so you can add byes to take places of teams. If you never clicked to add them it shouldn't be listing any that way. But it's hard to know the issue without more information.

I do not have a link,because i tested on my localhost.I created 16 users,16 teams 1 team/user,after i have started a bracket tournament,i joined the tournament with each user,i have started the tournament from acp,i entered team scores for first round,i passed second round,and one team appears team vs bye,and canot pass forward the tournament.It is stuck there,because i canot enter scores on team vs bye.Any way i dont understand where comes this bye..

post-371599-0-99979900-1375875310_thumb.

I have deleted after that some teams ((5) gdfgfdgdfgdfgfd(12) asdasdsadsadasd) but nothing happend..

And another question:can it show scores,not only winning team??

ok, thanks, I'll look into it and see if I can get the error to happen on my test site, as soon as I get a chance (within a day, I think). Who won the match? In other words which team SHOULD have been where the bye team is? And all 16 teams were still in, none deleted when you noticed this issue?

Most likely the correct winner was set up, but just an error is having it not consider them the winner, to wher eit would be an easy fix. Hopefully. And it may be only for that one place in the bracket, where it will always mess up just for that one match due to some bug I have in it.

Also did you enter scores through the ACP or from the public side?

edit: I tried a bracket with the same number of teams and I tried having both the 5 team and the 12 team win that match and it worked properly both times. I tested on the ACP end. I don't see a bug sof ar. Maybe you deleted a team before the match was done or something.

Did you try to submit on the public end, though, or from the ACP?

It shouldn't really say bye even if you deleted one. If it were to happen on the public side the only way I could figure it out is to look in your database to see what happened to the row. Or if you still have the one from where it messed up on localhost you could look at the database for that to figure out what happened.

I submitted the scores from acp.I didnt know that i can submit on the public side,actually i still dont know how to submit from public side.Here are the ss from that db.Id 10 is the id of that match i think,because in acp when sumbitting scores it has 10 at the end.

post-371599-0-45478300-1376013377_thumb.

post-371599-0-70020300-1376013430_thumb.

Thanks.

edit: nevermind. I had posted some questions, but I looked clsoer and can tell the answers to what I wanted to know.

It's showing that the match with the 5 seed and 12 seed was submitted, but for some reason it says the id of the team who won is 0, yet the two teams in that match have ids of 5 and 12.

So at least I know the problem is not related with where it sends the winner to, but just somehow it did not give the proper id of the winner. How in the world I will figure out how that happened, I don't know, though.

Since it is more clear which part of it is messing up, at least I have it narrowed down where to check in the code so I hope I figure out how that could have happened.

Were those teams with ids of 5 and 12 (their team ids when you go to their team pages) deleted BEFORE you submitted scores?

I assume team 12 won, since I see you entered the scores as 16 to 1 with team 2 winning. Hopefully this is enough information for me to figure out what could have happened.

As an fyi, as fara s the public end, for team leaders involved in the match they just click the profile link in this app and go to the match ad click the submit scores button. For an admin you coud set it to allow your group to be an admin of the app and then go to a team page and click a button to see results and find the match and button to submit scores. If not for this being a bracket, you could have gone to the tournament page and click the results button and do it there, but for brackets the link isn't on that page.

But I ened to figure this out, so keep this database data if you can, in case I need to know anything else. thanks!

Ok.No problem.I deleted teams after i started the tournament and after i saw i cant submit the score for team with bye.I think it would be great if had some possibility to edit scores even after submiting,but i dont know what type of work can this involve,but if scores are one time submited wrong it ends up in a mess.

yeah, I know. I am hoping to add that on the next version. If not, it will be added some time. It's just a bit complicated because it will have to undo a lot of things, but should still be ok to add.

I'll look more into that bug today. Even when you delete a team it's not supposed to keep that id at 0. Did you happen to have4 some situation where when you submitted the score for that original match between 5 and 12, something go wrong with the database and get any kind of database error? Maybe something went wrong with the server/database and made it not update the row properly.

ok I know what happened. You almost certainly forgot to select the winner from the dropdown. I have a check which will give an error when you do that normally, but I have a bug in it where for BRACKETS if you accidentally don't select a winner it will pass that check and consider the winner as id 0. So I just need to fix that bug.

I will probably release an update today because I also had it fix another bug. I noticed a few days ago that if you add a team to a tournament form the ACP, it gives a database error. I already fixed that one.

edit: I just fixed the bug you had also. All it took to fix it was to make one tiny edit in a file changing a 0 to a -1.

edit 2: On the public side this wouldn't have happened because although it's set up with the 0 instead of -1 also, the way the function is set up, it would have given you an error if you didn't select the winner. HWOEVER, I changed that one also because eon the public side if you had a match with a bye team AND forgot to select the winner it would go through and send a 0 to the next round then since a 0 would be a legitimate team id in the match.

So bottom line there were technically issues which could cause big problems if you forget to select the winner from the dropdown on the ACP side or the public side and I fixed both of those now. I will be sure you or someone else hasn't found any more bugs then will release later today.

• 2 weeks later...

Someone found another quite major bug, so don't drop out or kick teams out of tournaments until I release a new version today or tomorrow. It will take the team out of ALL active tournaments they are in.

People sure must not use this app much, for people to be finding such big bugs and nobody noticing until now.

Hi i have some questions:

1.Will the bracket have an upgrade of the style?Because it is ugly for the moment

2.Can modify the bracket to not show the number of the team like (1)team1,(13)teamx,etc

3.Can it show scores in the bracket,because it does not and it is kinda important.

4.With other theme than ipb i have some broken images.How can be fixed?

5.The copyright can be removed?

Thanks.

PS:With the bug that you mentioned,i think if delete one team,and that team has won a past tournament,when browsing past tournaments the winner shows as unknown,

The copyright is supposed to stay in. I've thought about selling copyright removal, but never decide how I want to do it. For most apps, copyrights are probably a waste of time, but this is one where I am betting a lot of my slaes have been off of the copyright link being noticed.

For the broken images, you would need to upload the public/style_images/master/ contents into the image folders for the other skins which would be style_images/ something else instead of master.

I am going to improve how brackets look, but it will be quicker if I ever find a designer to help. Many have said in the past they could help and then when I ask them, they never answer, and I am not good with designing, usually.

Where would I put the score? That's what's tough is there is so much space eneded to show a bracket, I'm not sure where to show the scores.

Yeah that bug probably caused that also. I will release an update soon, although it can't really fix the past issues sicne there's now ay to know which ones are legit and which aren't.

I may wait another day or two because I realized for tournament commenting it forces you to be in the groups in the setting in the ACP for being allowed to post. But it puts the editor there also if you are in a team IN the tournament. I originally made it where you AUTOMATICALLY can post if you're on a team in the tournament or if you're the tournament leader/creator. Then the ACP setting was for OTHER people NOT in the tournament to be able to post. Well, first off I am deciding if that's the best way or not and also the way it is now, when you TRY to comment, it will give an error if your group is not allowed. So it will still shopw the editor if you're in the tournament, but wont let you post, even if you're in it, if your group isn't in that setting.

So I am deciding if the way I have it is the best way and then if it is I need to fix the bug.

Uploaded the new version, which fixes some quite big bugs, such as dropped out/kicked out teams being removed from ALL tournaments and also commenting bugs. Also made it where anyone in the app admin setting groups can comment on any team or tournament and delete them as well.

With that odd mess with tournament commenting, I just made it act how I originally intended. So if you're IN the tournament, you can comment automatically. If you're NOT in the tournament, that is when the ACP setting allows other groups to comment.

For teams, it's always been only members on the team can (and now people in the administration setting groups could, of course). I figured there's no point in letting other people see team comments or add their own. They can always add a message in a join application if they have some question.