yeah I am still planning on it. If I need to know any more about how to do it, let me know, though. I'm not exactly sure how it would be used. I guess if someone were 10-2-2 the 2 ties would be ignored in most anything wouldn't they? Although if you use points for each win, loss, tie, I assume you could make a tie worth more than a loss, but less than a win, so I guess that's how most would use it? Or would anyone ever want it counted as half of a win? I just wonder if there are many ways people may want it used.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't seen anyone requesting this feature yet. But I would like to run a League, not a ladder. My Leagues are very similar to a ladder, but in the leagues, the team have no control to challenge other teams, but have the ability to enter the result of matches just like they do in ladders. This would be similar to the Round Robin, but it would be the admins that create the matches.

Leagues:

- Same as Round Robin, but let admins create matches manually.

Our Leagues are manually set. Admins post the matches and times. This gives us the flexibility to work around holidays and adjust the schedule.

Thanks,

Do any of you have links to your sites using this which you don't mind me giving to someone who wanted to see it being used live?

Also I am "hoping" to have a new version of this out in August, but it's always tough to know. I hope I can at least get one more version out before ip.board 4 comes out and forces me to redo things to even work with the current features.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I am having an issue stating the following:

You are not a leader of a qualifying team

I have tried EVERYTHING Disabling points, enabling points, giving the team points, putting 6 members in the team ect ect I have NO idea whats wrong and would like an answer which explains a tad further into the issue instead of "This could be loads of stuff" as I just paid $50 for this and at the moment it is useless.

Sorry if i seam rude but I am having quite a few issues with my project and this was the last thing I needed.

Well, the only way I could make it simpler in the future is to make different error messages for the different ways that can happen. As it is now, it can be several things, but it's still related to settings. It can be that the team has too few or too many members or that they don't have enough points (if enabled), or they are already in the tournament with another team and the setting not allowing them to have multiple teams in (or their ip address). It's most likely related to size of the team though. Depending on your settigns the team may need to only allow x members on it and it may need them to already be on the team.

Well, the only way I could make it simpler in the future is to make different error messages for the different ways that can happen. As it is now, it can be several things, but it's still related to settings. It can be that the team has too few or too many members or that they don't have enough points (if enabled), or they are already in the tournament with another team and the setting not allowing them to have multiple teams in (or their ip address). It's most likely related to size of the team though. Depending on your settigns the team may need to only allow x members on it and it may need them to already be on the team.

I've looked through the settings and cant see any relating to team size? Will add a few more members to the team to see if that is the issue.

On the add or edit forms for the tournament it will say Member Count and Reserves. Member Count is basically a minimum number and reserves would be how many more than that minimum number can be on a team. Then The "allow changes" dropdown can affect things too. If you have one tournament that says allow changes never then a team in that tournament may not be able to join another tournament, because it may require different numbers of members. The "allow early" setting determines if a team can join before it has the right number of members on it.

Basically, when you make a team you enter how many members it will be. THAT number needs to be between the member count and reserves number and then if it is between those the only thing that would matter then is the allow early setting.

There are so many settings to allow customization it gets confusing because there is just so much to keep track of.

On the add or edit forms for the tournament it will say Member Count and Reserves. Member Count is basically a minimum number and reserves would be how many more than that minimum number can be on a team. Then The "allow changes" dropdown can affect things too. If you have one tournament that says allow changes never then a team in that tournament may not be able to join another tournament, because it may require different numbers of members. The "allow early" setting determines if a team can join before it has the right number of members on it.

Basically, when you make a team you enter how many members it will be. THAT number needs to be between the member count and reserves number and then if it is between those the only thing that would matter then is the allow early setting.

There are so many settings to allow customization it gets confusing because there is just so much to keep track of.

That reserves thing saved the day thats the setting that got it working,

Thanks. No problem. I will try to think of ways to make things more simple in the future because there are so many features it gets confusing even for me when I am trying to remember things.

It's just hard to get in features which work in a way where every site will have the option to do it the way they want, so the more I add things in to allow for more flexibility, it gets more complicated. I also originally planned on having specific rosters for each tournament/match, but then some said they didn't need it. So I am still trying to figure out the best way of handling that too.

I found and fixed a bug in this app which at first I thought was only a minor bug that I fixed, but now I am realizing it was actually likely a major bug which caused something I am not going to post in here, where people don't use it on people's sites who won't have the latest version. It's not technically a security issue, but something which can cause cheating, basically.

I was in the middle of adding custom features, so I have to finish testing those before releasing the new version. There's no way to give patch instructions either, as I had to change tons of areas. Good thing someone wanted me adding features for him where I accidentally stumbled upon this. (It could be that something else in my code would have stopped it, but I don't think so. I accidentally did something which I "think" would explain some things).

I found and fixed a bug in this app which at first I thought was only a minor bug that I fixed, but now I am realizing it was actually likely a major bug which caused something I am not going to post in here, where people don't use it on people's sites who won't have the latest version. It's not technically a security issue, but something which can cause cheating, basically.

I was in the middle of adding custom features, so I have to finish testing those before releasing the new version. There's no way to give patch instructions either, as I had to change tons of areas. Good thing someone wanted me adding features for him where I accidentally stumbled upon this. (It could be that something else in my code would have stopped it, but I don't think so. I accidentally did something which I "think" would explain some things).

Hey, I some questions and i'm not sure if you are adding them or if they are already added!

1) When I set up a Ladder, can members pick what type of "match" they want to play (like set up a challenge)?

**** For example, lets says one team want to use Rule Set #2. They can simply "create" a match that uses Rule Set #2 then another team can accept a challenge.

2) For a ladder system, is their a playoff system? So the top 8 teams will be put in a playoff system.

3) Can we set up a "best out of " system? So one match can be Best of out 7 games, while another a match can be Best out of 5 games.

4) Can members have Individual ranks? So there will be two ranks. One for a user and one per team?

There are just some question i have. I know you're busy but i really love this app and it will def help out my site!

1. yes, to some extent. It's a feature I added a few months ago, I believe, which lets you add formats into the database (through the ACP) and then when a tournament is created, you can allow them. So if you made 5 scoring types for the app, you could allow all 5 or only some or none for each individual tournament. This is if you mean where it simply states that scoring type for a particular match. Then of course there are the different types of scoring for the tournament itself, such as ELO etc.

2. No not at this point. Under the current setup you would have to just manually end the ladder and make a new tournament with the 8 teams and have that be the playoffs. I may add a playoffs type of system at some point.

3. Not really. You could technically do it like #1 where you could make a scoring type called "Best Of 5" and then it would list that for the match, but then you would have to still do those best of 5 and then come back and still submit only the final winner.

4. Well I do have it keep track of individual wins as far as if person A is on teams B, C, and D, all of the wins and losses for all of those teams would be combined into his individual record. However, I don't have it showing in the app anywhere yet. I am just keeping track of it in the database where it will be there if I do want to add it. At some point I will do some sort of rosters in this app and maybe then only matches you are on the roster for would count in the personal totals.

1. yes, to some extent. It's a feature I added a few months ago, I believe, which lets you add formats into the database (through the ACP) and then when a tournament is created, you can allow them. So if you made 5 scoring types for the app, you could allow all 5 or only some or none for each individual tournament. This is if you mean where it simply states that scoring type for a particular match. Then of course there are the different types of scoring for the tournament itself, such as ELO etc.

2. No not at this point. Under the current setup you would have to just manually end the ladder and make a new tournament with the 8 teams and have that be the playoffs. I may add a playoffs type of system at some point.

3. Not really. You could technically do it like #1 where you could make a scoring type called "Best Of 5" and then it would list that for the match, but then you would have to still do those best of 5 and then come back and still submit only the final winner.

4. Well I do have it keep track of individual wins as far as if person A is on teams B, C, and D, all of the wins and losses for all of those teams would be combined into his individual record. However, I don't have it showing in the app anywhere yet. I am just keeping track of it in the database where it will be there if I do want to add it. At some point I will do some sort of rosters in this app and maybe then only matches you are on the roster for would count in the personal totals.

Okay thanks for the quick reply. And to confirm, if i set up a ladder then teams can set up "matches" which other teams can accept right?

Specific ones. So they would have to challenge a specific team, then the leader or coleader of that team can accept it. There isn't a system to set up a general challenge which any team can go accept (or apply for, or whatever), although that may be a good idea for me to add, for sites which may have setups which would be good for just doing challenges where whoever is online could accept, rather than a specif challenged team.

I'll probably release the next version later today. It just ahs a few features someone had custom added, but like I said, it fixes a major bug. Then I may work on the next version immediately, or at least soon. Probably mostly to improve leagues, possibly do something with rosters, improve layout (hopefully), and I forget what else.... Unless people want more custom features also, then I could add those too. Then after that release (next month, I hope), I will probably be working on being sure it's ready for ip.board 4.0, as I assume that is not too far away.

ok, I uploaded version 1.3.2. It has a few new features and that major bug fix. Everyone should DL it, if possible, due to what that bug fixes/stops. It's not security[-related, but related to wins. If you're still using the app, and your support ran out, I would suggest renewing because people can end up with bogus wins and whatnot, otherwise.

yeah I will probably do that. I will probably start on the next version tomorrow, since less people are caring about the betting app, which I also still need to finish too, though.

Also if I add any sort of automatic playoffs system to anything, I need to know if anyone will need to now how many teams people will want it for in case I have to hardcode it. Not sure how I will do it. It may be more work than it's worth, when people can always manually add it.

If anyone wants to test this, go to my username with a .com at the end and on the registration form put something obvious such as this site, because in the past even with me NEVER advertising the site, tons and tons of spammers were joining. And that's also why I am not even putting a link or spelling out the url as a stupid bot will probably index this. Eh, although I think this forum is invisible to guests, now that I think about it.

I just quickly threw something together and haven't even changed much in forum settings or put a logo on the site. Just uploaded this app and changed a few settings.

I am hoping to add a few things to this for the next version, as planned, but can't get too crazy, as interest for new ppurchasers ahs been slow lately and so anything which won't help add to the possibility of more purchases needs to be custom, other than the areas I was already wanting to improve to begin with. I mostly want to improve league play setup, do the auto topic per tournament, fix bugs, improve "ease of use", etc... I ahd a few other ideas, but now need to remember them, as I dumbly didn't keep a list. lol

yeah I will probably do that. I will probably start on the next version tomorrow, since less people are caring about the betting app, which I also still need to finish too, though.

Also if I add any sort of automatic playoffs system to anything, I need to know if anyone will need to now how many teams people will want it for in case I have to hardcode it. Not sure how I will do it. It may be more work than it's worth, when people can always manually add it.

Normally 16 or 32 teams