Going to jot down things as I run across them, that you may want to implement in your main release. Let me know if you need some help with the code as I'll be looking to implementing mods for these myself.

1. Category Management, sorting abilities. Either drop and drag sorting via ACP, or client side row sorting.
  2. Category Management, hide/archive. I'd like to remove or hide a Category but don't want to delete all the tournaments that go with it.
  3. Tournament Management, tournament grouping, if the tournaments listed here could be put in slide out menus that would be good.
  4. Tournament Management, sorting abilities. Either drop and drag sorting via ACP, or client side row sorting.
  5. When Adding a Tournament a click calendar or dropdown menus would prevent syntax errors.

Client Side

1. While viewing a tournament's info page, clicking 'Create a Team' could auto fill the Team Number set.

Thanks. I will consider them when I get back to adding things. I don't understand what you mean on #4 though. And also I don't know much javascript or ajax. Luckily the acp drag and drop sorting is easily done with internal ip.board functions so I did manage to add that type of feature for some areas. And as far as dates.... on another app I used dropdowns and people complained and asked for text boxes. So it's just hard to do it a way where everyone will like that way. If I figure out how to do the calendars maybe I could have it where it would fill a text box where either way could work or something.

mrwill, not yet. I am always busy on so many things lately.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I am wondering how we can organise the team directory a little better.

We have 2 types of competitions, one that requires a team of 1 person (1 man comps) and a team of 5 people (5 man comps, + subs)

Is there a way to hide or seperate teams with only 1 man, leaving only the teams of 5 or more to be displayed ?

Not currently. But why would you need it to only show certain ones? You mean for inviting them? Because if you just mean to look at teams, it doesn't really affect the tournament. Since usually the team joins the tournament itself, it wouldn't matter which ones are listed in the team listing areas.

Also you need to have 1 person teams and 5 oens in the same tournament, or you mean seaparate tournaments for each type?

Are you willing to work on a personal, custom version of this tournament for my site ?

We'd be willing to pay you $100-200 depending on how much is done. We run a really succesful League of Legends forum, and we use your tournament script. It gets the job done, I guess, but it's a shame you don't have the spark to make it better.

We'd love to pay you to improve the tournament script.

~www.gglol.com.au

It's not that I don't have the desire to improve it. It's that people don't make many suggestions. All I did was make it how a group of people originally told me I should make it. There are very few real suggestions other than the bracket skinning, which I have stated 100 times I am not good at skinning and I have tried to get people to help me skin that better and nobody ever offers.

I am always open to custom work, but if you want a huge amount done it would be a lot more than $200. Depending on what you want, it could be possible, though, so just PM me where I can be sure. Quite a few features could be added for that, just depending on the size of them.

I've had a lot of things come up over the past few weeks so haven't done much of anything programming-wise.

As for a demo, I have yo get a site active first. I have a site with the same name as my suername, but I haven't done anything there. I am not worried about it looking bad by using the default skin there, but I should at elast get some logo made before putting a demo there. Also, it's hard to do a demo for this type of app, in that tournaments need to be created from the acp and I am not going to give acp access and would have no clue what tournaments people want me to add. I guess people would have to ask me on the site to make a specific one for them.

I am intrested in brackets system.I dont think i am intrested in the acp,i just want to see a bracket on,even in ss,because i do not want to pay 50$ for something that i cant do anything with it.So please install your app on your site and make some tournaments and show to the people what it does.

It's not that I don't have the desire to improve it. It's that people don't make many suggestions. All I did was make it how a group of people originally told me I should make it. There are very few real suggestions other than the bracket skinning, which I have stated 100 times I am not good at skinning and I have tried to get people to help me skin that better and nobody ever offers.

I am always open to custom work, but if you want a huge amount done it would be a lot more than $200. Depending on what you want, it could be possible, though, so just PM me where I can be sure. Quite a few features could be added for that, just depending on the size of them.

I've had a lot of things come up over the past few weeks so haven't done much of anything programming-wise.

As for a demo, I have yo get a site active first. I have a site with the same name as my suername, but I haven't done anything there. I am not worried about it looking bad by using the default skin there, but I should at elast get some logo made before putting a demo there. Also, it's hard to do a demo for this type of app, in that tournaments need to be created from the acp and I am not going to give acp access and would have no clue what tournaments people want me to add. I guess people would have to ask me on the site to make a specific one for them.

Im confused because I have seen numerous people offer to skin for you and you never take them up on it. There have been offers, just no acceptances by you.

Not true. I have said many times I need help on it and nobody ever responded to it again. The ones who offered to help just vanished. I have also had someone tell me privately he would help me with skinning and every time I ask him for help he just says whatever I am doing already looks fine and does not offer to help.

falco, you mean allow some auto topics to be in different forums from other ones?

Not true. I have said many times I need help on it and nobody ever responded to it again. The ones who offered to help just vanished. I have also had someone tell me privately he would help me with skinning and every time I ask him for help he just says whatever I am doing already looks fine and does not offer to help.

falco, you mean allow some auto topics to be in different forums from other ones?

yes, because it isn't simple for the player to find the match's topic when there are many tournaments and only one forum for the topic

Hi.

This app is great. I just have one little problem. When adding an image to a category or ladder etc, the image clips the title, which looks a little ugly. Liek this:

tournaments.jpg

the only way Ive found of fixing it is by having the catefory/tournament name as ". . . XYZ" - as the .'s move the text across a bit. But again, its not ideal.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

I am getting this cosmetic error, people's teams logo's aren't sitting properly. Changing max logo size does not work. It does the same for tournament logo's too.

post-428842-0-49445100-1366269023.jpg

To fix this issue do the following:

1. Go to your Admin CP:
2. Click Look and Feel --> Manage Skin Sets and Templates --> Select your preferred skin to edit.
3. Under Templates, select Skin Tournaments.
4. Select categoryTourneyListing

Look for:

<tr class='header'><th scope='col' style="width:1%;">&nbsp;</th><th scope='col'>{$this->lang->words['tourney_name']}</th>

Replace with:

<tr class='header'><th scope='col' style="width:20%;">&nbsp;</th><th scope='col'>{$this->lang->words['tourney_name']}</th>

5. Click "Save".

6. Select teamListing

Look for:

<tr class='header'><th scope='col' style="width:1%;">&nbsp;</th><th scope='col'>{$this->lang->words['team_list_name']}</th>

Replace with:

<tr class='header'><th scope='col' style="width:20%;">&nbsp;</th><th scope='col'>{$this->lang->words['team_list_name']}</th>

7. Click "Save".

8. Select startPage

Look for:

<tr class='header'><th scope='col' style="width:1%;">&nbsp;</th><th scope='col'>{$this->lang->words['category']}</th>

Replace with:

<tr class='header'><th scope='col' style="width:40%;">&nbsp;</th><th scope='col'>{$this->lang->words['category']}</th>

9. Click "Save"

Optional:

If you like a simplified landing home page for your tournaments open startPage in the templates and copy the code below:

{$data['links']}
<h3 class='maintitle'>{$this->lang->words['start_page_title']}</h3>
<div class='ipsBox table_wrap'>
<div class='ipsBox_container'>
<table class='ipb_table'>
<if test=" count($data['rows']) ">
<tr class='header'><th scope='col' style="width:75%;">&nbsp;</th>
<!--<th scope='col'>{$this->lang->words['category']}</th><th scope='col'>{$this->lang->words['description']}</th>-->
<th scope='col' style='text-align:center'>{$this->lang->words['open_tournaments']}</th></tr>

{parse striping="cats" classes="row1,row2"}
<foreach loop="categoryRows:$data['rows'] as $row">

<tr class="{parse striping="cats"}">
<td style="width:80%;"><a href='{parse url="app=tournaments&amp;module=categories&amp;section=categories&amp;do=viewCat&amp;id={$row['category_id']}" seotitle="{$row['friendly_name']}" template="showtourneycategory" base="public"}'>{$row['category_image']}</a></td>
<if test=" $row['allow_tourneys'] == "0" ">
<!--<td><a href='{parse url="app=tournaments&amp;module=categories&amp;section=categories&amp;do=viewCat&amp;id={$row['category_id']}" seotitle="{$row['friendly_name']}" template="showtourneycategory" base="public"}'><strong>{$row['category_name']}</strong></a></td>-->
<else />
<!--<td><a href='{parse url="app=tournaments&amp;module=categories&amp;section=tournaments&amp;do=viewList&amp;id={$row['category_id']}" seotitle="{$row['friendly_name']}" template="showtourneylist" base="public"}'><strong>{$row['category_name']}</strong></a></td>-->
</if>
<if test=" $row['category_description'] != "" ">
<!--<td>{$row['category_description']}</td>-->
<else />
<td>{$this->lang->words['no_cat_description']}</td>
</if>
<td align='center'><span style='font-size:1.5em'><strong>{$row['tournaments']}</strong></span></td>
</tr>
</foreach>
<else />
<tr><td align='center'><strong>{$this->lang->words['no_categories_msg']}</strong></td></tr>
</if>
</table>
</div>
</div>
<br />

You can revert to the original if you don't like it.

Thanks. I didn't really even think about something as simple as changing widths. I usually put it at 1% only because if the images are small and there isn't a lot of long words in the other columns, it will put all of this whitespace in the one with the image, so I tried tos top that. It's just tricky. They could probably mess with widths like that to get it looking right for their particular sites. there's some better ways of doing it, but I'm just not a skinner so I am bad about not knowing certain methods.

Also, my stupid internet is going down literally every 2 minutes over and over and over, so if they EVER fix it, I'll do the demo on my site. I don't want to mess with things where I need to be online a lot to manage it until this stupid internet issue stops.

I don't think I ever got corrections into the app yet. You technically could do it in the database, but would have to know all the fields to change so it would get tedious. It's one of those features I am going to add, but it just takes time to get things added when I have to maintain several apps. I would have done it long ago, but it's not so simple, due to needing to undo so many things. In the beginning it wasn't added because I figured two teams wouldn't submit the same wrong scores. But I guess one way it can happen is the second team not notice it's wrong.

Well, that's another feature I was considering adding. I think the current topic creation feature was done where someone paid me to do it and he didn't need it per tournament so I didn't want to waste extra time on it at that point. A lot of this will get added, but it just takes time to do any of it, as I still have to finish updates on the betting app first. When people need something quickly, they would have to pay to have it done sooner, but otherwise I just get to it when I am able to. I will soon be back to working on this app, thoug. When I finish the betting app changes I will go back to this. Then I am guessing all of my apps would need to be updated for ip.board 4.0 after that.

well it's just another thing I would have to add. technically I havent added any hooks for that area for any mod ever, as far as I remember, but they are probably really easy to do. I'll probably go back to working on the betting app in a few days and then only work on it a week or two, release that, then be back to this app again.

• 2 weeks later...