Superb application, if only I could get a tournament to start :lol:

I've set the registration date to be prior to the tournament start. Now the tournament should have started yesterday, but its still "Awaiting Start".

Made another test and the same. I've gotta be missing something really simple. Haven't I?

See image.

post-68300-0-99455500-1364577555_thumb.p

You have to physically start it from the tournaments areas of the acp, no matter what the settings are. Mainly because there could be cases where you need to add new teams or may want to change the time, so I don't have them auto-start and also even if I did, the best way would likely be a task so still wouldn't be 100% ont ime.

EJR, yes, but it will probably be a couple months.

You have to physically start it from the tournaments areas of the acp, no matter what the settings are. Mainly because there could be cases where you need to add new teams or may want to change the time, so I don't have them auto-start and also even if I did, the best way would likely be a task so still wouldn't be 100% ont ime.

Rookie mistake on my part :lol:

Looked everywhere, except clicking the actual tournament in the Admin CP. Cheers bud. Superb mod.

No problem. Thanks. Another reason I made it where you have to manually start it is sometimes people will want to rearrange the order. For ladders or brackets. Actually, now that I think about it, I really should make some changes because in a ladder someone may want the beginning of it to allow anyone to challenge anyone else until there are real stats, whereas the way I have it now, they all get ranked right off and can only challenge a few above, depending on settings.

• 2 weeks later...

Not everything needs to be demoed from the ACP -- In fact, many many many people don't care about the ACP as long as the application works as intended, something you're not providing without a demo.

It isn't hard to setup a demo with an active tournament....quit fooling yourself

Screenshots only go so far, what don't you understand with everyone telling you this?

W/e it's your app. If you honestly believe that not adding a Demo of the application and a tournament in progress JUST because they can't try out ACP is great marketing... I'm glad I'm not an employee nor a customer.

The logic hurts my brain :rofl:

I disagree, I dont think it needs a demo. The screenshots show all the features. And the app does exactly what he says its suppose to. The fact that he keeps working on it and making it better should make any customer happy. I am quite pleased with this app and look forward to the future updates.

I disagree, I dont think it needs a demo. The screenshots show all the features. And the app does exactly what he says its suppose to. The fact that he keeps working on it and making it better should make any customer happy. I am quite pleased with this app and look forward to the future updates.

It's not the supplying of the demo. It's the logic of why he doesn't want to supply one. And no, his screenshots don't show everything. It doesn't show ANYTHING in progress, nor NOTHING of the front end unless he's finally supplied them (haven't checked). Any developer should continue to update their product continue, it's good 'business practice'

I'm not bashing him, nor the mod really -- I'm bashing the business practice/logic. Does not make sense at all.

Again, his app -- I won't drop $xx dollars on something when all I receive is screenshots of a backend telling me what something can do, and not providing a demo of what it CAN do. And I'm not the only one, oh well... to each their own.

I don't even know what your definition of demo is. I am sure not making one to distribute and really you have a ton of other topics to post in and complain about the modders' "busienss practice" then because there are a lot with no demo. Go to a store to buy a video game and complain about their practice of not having every game playable before you get it or basically 90% of items for sale in stores. So they have bad business practice because they don't do it? If you can't wait until I do whatever you're wanting, sorry, but most people can;t satisfy everyone's request instantly. I want ip.board to make my dinner for me, but it won't do it.

I don't even know what your definition of demo is. I am sure not making one to distribute and really you have a ton of other topics to post in and complain about the modders' "busienss practice" then because there are a lot with no demo. Go to a store to buy a video game and complain about their practice of not having every game playable before you get it or basically 90% of items for sale in stores. So they have bad business practice because they don't do it? If you can't wait until I do whatever you're wanting, sorry, but most people can;t satisfy everyone's request instantly. I want ip.board to make my dinner for me, but it won't do it.

A video tutorial of showing the front end? Showing something in progress. Screenshots of brackets in progress and other..... A link to your site with a live tournament and so on. If you don't know what a demo is....... it's even in the marketplace "Link to a demo". Walmart allows demoing, gamestop allows demoing, Best Buy allows demoing, etc. Not EVERY title, just the 'popular' one and your product is the 'popular' one for anything 'tournament' related. (As an FPS like COD is popular and so on)

I agree that there are other developers here not releasing demo's. Many of said developers actually post screenshots of what the product does, some don't and I'd gripe at them too, but I can't find a single one that costs as much as an IPS app, furthermore -- I'm not interested in those apps one might find. I'm interested in this one, and I've asked repeadetdly for MONTHS about some type of demo.

Yeah, you're right -- I can't wait when someone won't spend 5minutes out of their time to do something so simple over the course of how long I've been here. I was nice as can be at first, it's no longer worth my time. Hell, your mod was one reason I even considered coming here, it had a tournaments app, that looked good.

Again sorry for the flame. I won't post in this topic anymore, I've lost enough brain cells arguing with you, better for my pocket anyways. Tried to be a nice potential customer, simply walking away from it now

EVERYONE here asks for thigns that take "5 minutes" and features which take an hour each. I can't do every single request someone wants right when theyw ant it or I would never have time to sleep. Also yeah the demos on most apps are demos to it being on a site, not for acp access or downloadable demos.

EVERYONE here asks for thigns that take "5 minutes" and features which take an hour each. I can't do every single request someone wants right when theyw ant it or I would never have time to sleep. Also yeah the demos on most apps are demos to it being on a site, not for acp access or downloadable demos.

I've asked repeatedly to see a Demo. I did not ask for ACP access, you know why? Because you CLEARLY showed screenshots of it. You have ZERO of what the application ACTUALLY looks like outside of the ACP. I was NICE asking for some sort of DEMO since FEBRUARY.

Holy SR($(!)%$ -- Someone PM me a link to a tournament in progress and I'll do it for you since you have (no time) to take simple screen shots by hitting the print screen button, yet have all the time in the world to post about contributor burnout..........

Here's a good defintion of what a Demo is

http://bit.ly/17fXEh7

Just forget it, wasting our time. You don't have 5minutes, don't reply, too busy ;P

Read again. I said I didn't know what YOUR definition of demo is. SOME want downloadable demos of products. And also lol @ your claim that it takes 5 minutes when I don't even have a SITE set up. Anyway, done responding. There will be a demo at some point.

Riiiiiight I don't "have time for screenshots", seeing as how there are a ton.

You're not counting very well if you count to zero screens outside the acp.

$5 says I can provide a demo by providing front end screenshots in under 5minutes. And if you read my replies from February, you would of known what I was asking for in a "demo' months ago. Some people have selective hearing, you have selective reading.....

IMGUR, copy selected images -- Paste here. Done in under 5mnutes. If you don't have a website of some sort, how are you working of your app? Just coding it and not testing out on anything, not even locally so you can visually see the results???? Yep... sounds about right......

By the way, 5 screenshots is all you'd need.

Hats off to you good sir, whether providing a demo or not, still took me more then once asking for screenshots, demo, more information of some sort. Just like the screenshots of the brackets, refused to provide a screenshot of the longest time because "it wasn't skinned right" that I didn't care about.

I'm done too, no more replies are coming my way, say what you want

well it's technically due to the css of that skin, since it works in the main skin. When I do another update I could try to fix it, although since it looks right on my skins it's hard to be sure I do it right.

You could go to the template bit called teamListing and for the <td> that has $row['team_logo'] in it change it to <td class='col_c_icon'> and save the template and then see if that seems to add the margin. I haven't checked out that class to be sure, but that's the one they use on the board index so I assume it will add the margin.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

This app is great. I just have one little problem. When adding an image to a category or ladder etc, the image clips the title, which looks a little ugly. Liek this:

tournaments.jpg

the only way Ive found of fixing it is by having the catefory/tournament name as ". . . XYZ" - as the .'s move the text across a bit. But again, its not ideal.

Any help would be great.

Thanks