well draws haven't totally been implemented. I have the fields in the database, but haven't put it into the actual app. I asked some people if they needed it and usually they said if there was a draw they just did some sort of tiebreaker so they neevr truly ended with draws. I am going to put it in, but I have to finish 1 or 2 other apps befroe getting back to this one.

But yes you can give x points per win and loss. It subtracts points for a loss, but as of the latest version you could use a negative number for loss and that will do the opposite, thus add points for a loss. So you would have to put -1 to actually give them 1 point. For wins it already gives points so you would use a positive there.

Yes, basically you have to select "round robin" and enter 1 for number of times they play each other and then it automatically makes matches for the whole season. This aprt of the app is going to be greatly improved in version 2.0.0 though because as it is now it's not totally like a league. It doesn't technically have seasons built in, for example. You could do it by making a category called the league name and then subcategories called season 1, season 2, etc... though if you want to work around it.

Setting the times needs to be improved also because it just sets all matches for the entire round robin as the same times and you would have to edit each one individually. I am going to make it more like the latest ladder feature where you could make them offset each other by x hours or something in the next version.

Cool. You're welcome. I just randomly decided to even make it, because people kept asking for one and they said a lot would buy ti if I did make one. Techncially I have probably spent more hours on it than the money I got, but it's still selling well and plus I just like working on it, anyway. I hope I can get it improved a lot for the 2.0 version just because I like getting things as close as I can to how they should be.

As far as upgrading, just don't do the score submitting in the ACP until you upgrade or fix that bug, especially if it's a bracket one! I hope nobody ends up having it happen due to not noticing my posts, because it will not move the tweam to the next round and if it's the last match of an entire tournament it won't do some things properly either.

Anyway, glad it's working ok for you, unlike for that guy who implied it's basically the worst app in the history of apps. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Nobody ahs really osted many suggestions on this lately. It's hard to keep track of them in this thread anyway. If someone ahs some, maybe they should PM me with the title syaing tournament suggestions.

One thing I am deciding on is how to best implement rosters. The idea someone ahd for now is absivally to have a setting for how many must be on the roster and how many reserves (which somewhat that is already in teh system.... but just not carried over into rosters and some don't use it for rosters, but just team size restrictions). Then if left at 0, it would mean rosters aren't officially used. Also that they could be used per tournament or per challenge. And that you enter the roster right after joining a tourrnament, in the former, or right when challenging for the latter.

I have a suggestion!

Post some screenshots of the front end with a tournament running so I can take a look a the brackets and all that stuff and see if it has everything I need instead of looking at the backend.... so I can buy your app

Onlything I got............. :rofl:

I thought he had screens of brackets. Well, anyway, there's not much to see on them as it's not skinned that well. Also now I realized there aren't any scores or even match times shown on the bracket display on the results page of the particular tournament. Not sure what Ishould do. Maybe have some hoverover/alt text to show scores and time...

I thought he had screens of brackets. Well, anyway, there's not much to see on them as it's not skinned that well. Also now I realized there aren't any scores or even match times shown on the bracket display on the results page of the particular tournament. Not sure what Ishould do. Maybe have some hoverover/alt text to show scores and time...

I still want to see the brackets, I want to see what the tournament actually looks like as it's going on. I'm picky about that, I have no problem skinning it myself, but I need to visualize it first before anything...

Probably two or three months away, at this point. Unless someone eneds some changes in it quicker, to the point of paying to have them done sooner. I am working on improving my other apps and had just spent a ton of time on this one. If someone needs thigns quicker and can pay, it obviously tempts me to spend more time on it, otherwise I have to wait until I have enough time.

I may release a tiny update soon though because someone had members suggest a "best streak" being saved, where when a streak ends, their best streak is still in the database for statistical purposes. I may add that soon.

Here is a screen of a simple 4 team bracket. See, there are problems with how it looks, as I've said before. Also I have the final winner's name way too bigt, in my opinion, and I also should probably have the seed show as 4 for the bye team instead of 0.... but I mean they are not really facing anyone. The bye was just added for people who can't get a tournament filled and want to go on and start it.

post-196743-0-83380800-1362815447_thumb.

Also, I should maybe scrap the colors and have the winner bolded and the loser strikethrew, but no colors. Kinda distracting with colors.

Also that four one looks mroe dod. If it were 32, fo example, it would have 16 pairings from top to bottom in that left-hand column, then the next column would have 8, the next 4, etc... So it all starts from one side and ends on the right.

I would say the ladders portion is much closer to how it eneds to be, whereas for 2.0 the other types need improvements.

I don't know. I will at least try to improve the look, but need some suggestions on that. For the brackets, I once tried some css to make them look more like brackets and it never worked for some reason. I may have just done something wrong and not got the classes imported into ipb somehow, though. Skinning is what I am worst at. It's a miracle I have some of my apps looking at least ok and good in certain areas.

Well, if someone is able to pay to get it done sooner I could do it soon. This app is one which I can only add things in thatw ay for the next couple months because I spent so much time on this app and had to go back to finishing some things on other apps so I can't keep switching back to this one unless for custom. Someone else wants it too and is thinking of paying for it or maybe 2 or 3 of you would split the cost. I'm not tryingt o milk peple from money, but when people have requests they just can't be added as quickly as people would like or I would be adding things eevry day to this app forever and for no payment.

To add that I have to do a lot of changes since stats are kept in a teams table. I think i will make each tournament have an option of use teams with x members or use members only and not teams. I could maybe have it allow both types, but then that adds more complication if the same tournament would allow both teams and single members.

I am very interested in this mod. But, the 49 does scare me just a bit without a live demo, or multiple pictures of the acp/public side. If you could send me pictures, i know your busy, it will sway my position to buy this mod. I run a forum for a gaming community and we need something like this. without going back to phpBB

I could show pics, but there are already so many from most parts of the app. I think I added like 15 screenshots, or something close to that. The forms are pretty complicated in that they have so many options. So the forms are looooooong, but it makes it where most thigns people want to do can be done.

I added a help file for the public side explaining what some things mean. But where do you get an error emssage, anyway? If it's the whole app doing it, it may be this annoying issue some have had where you have to rebuild the html and recache the skins in the acp and IPS keeps saying they can't find a bug, but people constanntly have that issue when they first install this, for some reason. Otherwise, if you have the permission settings set in system settings in the acp that is what determines who can have permissions to use various things.