ah...so what I just did was put the win weight to 1 and losses to 0. that will fix it from this point on?

Now my question is what field do I edit in the database to add the win weight to the 2 teams that already played?

This is our first simple points ladder. I thought I had done it right and I guess I didnt. So, in the future the top point boxes are for simple only and the bottom ones are for?

First you would need to go to tournaments_tournamentas and see what the id number is for that tournament. Then you have to go to tournaments_joiners and find rows where that tournament id is in it (it's called tournament_id or tournety_id or something similar). Then for those rows you will see which ones have wins and you just edit those rows and change the smart_points totals. I think you started them at 0 so you would change it to 1 for the teams who won 1 already.

By the way, for those who do ever have loss points set to something other than 9, if you set it above zero, it will deduct them until someone reaches zero, but it will never let a team go below zero. Actually I better check it because I think it will give a database error if it tries it so I better do a fix! And if yo want teams to get points even for losing just as experience points, set it to a negative number.

Correcting another statement I made... you can't use negatives for win weight or loss weight. I do need to do checks to be sure it doesn't try to put the points total for the tournaments below zero when a team keeps losing though. Or should I allow it to go into negatives. I think it would be kind of weird having teams listed as negative point totals. And for TEAM points yo0u CAN go into negatives so it's not consistently handled and I don't know whichw ay is best.

As usual with this app, I had to make a tough decision. I was in the middle of changing it to where team points could not go below zero and then I changed my mind. The reason is that a team has to give points back to members they kick off of teams, sometiems, and so if it's minimum team points is capped at zero they could just use a member to get their points to join a tournament and then kick them right back off and not even be hurt by it if they're down near zero to begin with. I don't know. This is all complicated. I'm just tryint to elssent eh chances of someone using a person for their points and then not getting penalized. i think if the member CHOOSES to leave a team it does not give their points back.

So at this point team points can go below zero, but only if they kick members out and don't get new ones to replace them, basically.

Now, the points used for ranking teams in simple or ELO ladder types (those are totally different types of points,w hich is what makes it confusing to people, they are totally unrelated to team points, they are just the points used to rank teams) can NOT go below zero. So i added checks in where it won't try to knock them below zero, which would cause a database error currently so instead it will just knock them to zero and not cause that error.

I am changing the win weight, loss weight, and draw weight (that oen cant be used yet anyway) to allow negatives if you want them to do opposite of their intention. In case you want teams to gain points for losing, but just not as many as winning or maybe you want a contest where the goal is to LOSE matches, so you could change win weight to negative, even though that sounds kind of dumb. in most cases. I am also making them allow larger numbers, although I think that would be pretty dumb, also, to have them worth large numbers.

I'm going to add in the part where it tells how far above or below you can challenge and fix that sorting issue in the ACP and then i am done with the next version (just a minor one) except the guy who had me add some custom features for it (which I doubt many of you will use, but who knows) and I need to test it, but it will be out some time in the next few days. When I get to working on 2.0,.0 I need to really improve some of this to be more obvious though. Like for the challenge above and below.... I bet a lot of people will be all confused by what it's even talking about when they see it just thrown in with all the other stats on the public side. I am probably not wording them well and if I use mroe words to explain them then the tables would be even more annoyingly big. I badly ened a better way of showing all that info in the future.

yeah I know that one, but I thought thwere was a different issue in the ACP. Myabe I originally thought your other issue was an ACP one and then forgot later on there wasn't a separate issue there. If there's not one then I am basically done other than testing. I also added a help file, but why in the world did IPS put the help link at the BOTTOM of the page??? Members needing help aren't going to freakin look all the way down at the bottom!!!

Released version 1.3.1. Mostly bug fixes and features which were dne custom, so may or may not be useful to others. The "match styles" is basically for those who have different ways to determine who wins a match. For example, the eprson who had me add it uses crossfire, double crossfire, etc... so just as ladders have different styles, matches can.... but it's just for information purposes, as nothing is done automatically based on the match style.

I guess nobody is using co-leaders because it had a bug bad enough to make it not work at all, really, and nobody noticed until today or yesterday. lol

Well, not easily. Basically on the score submit/report form, when one of the teams had long names it was totally messing up the form where everything got all misaligned. I then thought it would be best to truncate them in other places, also, where it would be easier to fit information with less word wrapping. Even after that it's STILL a mess in thsoe tables with word wrapping due to so much info in each row. i've got to figure out some beter way.... such as just showing less information.

It's not as easy as me making a new setting to select how long to make a name before truncating, either, becasue I have it different numbers for different places. I guess I could have a setting to disable it, but it really needs to still be done at least on the match score report form. If someone wants to manually undo it they would basically have to go into a lot of modules_public filoes, doa search for truncateIt and then in those lines of code it will have a number, which is the number of characters befoe truncating. But there are a lot of places and so it's not ideal to be manualy changing it.

It's like everything else in this app, there's no one way to do anything where everyone likes it being done that way.

Yawn. What a shocker someone mentioned using a nulled version of this. I could probably go through the list of people who purchased it and figure out who's selling it or giving it away.

sorry to hear :<

I have fixed the truncating which seems to fit teams up to 30 characters quite easily without any major issues.

Some key features that I think are desperately missing are:

• display the match deadline when organising the match through the public interface
  • when clicking 'verify scores' via ACP it shows the scores submitted and which team won
  • provide an options to show points won or lost on the scoreboard (ie W: 5 L: 2 PF: 5 PA: 5)
  • match threads are independent and relate directly to the tournament opposed to having global threads created. (this is messy as hell with 6 tournaments running)

- an example of this would be Div 1 tournament posts to forum Div 1 and div 2 tournament posts to forum Div 2

A suggestion would also be to include round venues/locations/maps depending on the style of the tournament.

This could be predefined when configuring the tournament. Example: single elimination of 16 teams would equal 4 rounds played. Pre-define which venue/map/location each round is played at.